Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2017, 12:48 AM

356 posts, read 302,464 times

Advertisements

Hi all:

I am trying to find a meal plan (to GAIN weight). Having a hard time. I want a low or zero carbs. (A1C is elevated, do not want to get diabetes). I do not do well with milk products (constipated, etc.). Also, I have acid reflux. Also, I do not like fish and cannot really swallow pills well. I look and feel horrible due to stress and poor eating. I need to gain at least 50 pounds. And, to top it all off, struggling financially.

Appreciate comments.

Thank you.

Skinny Shaggy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 09:42 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times
I think you mean a LCHF (Low Carb High Fat) diet. You have the abbreviation backwards. If you follow this diet correctly you will not gain any weight, you will lose weight. Carbs are what packs on the pounds. Carbs combined with fat will pack on even more. If you omit the carbs and keep the fat you will burn fat not put it on. I would start consuming a lot of grain products especially corn and wheat. That is how they commonly fatten up livestock. Of course if your A1C is elevated I would not do this. I was only trying to make a point. Just live with your weight and try to get healthy as far as your health markers. What is your current diet like?

Old 02-15-2017, 09:14 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Must tackle the stress first. Stress is the cause of most medical problems that people who resort to using MMS, coffee enemas, liver flushes, PB Shakes, zapping, alkaline water, and all manner of snake oil resort to trying when the real problem are their negative thoughts and an overactive sympathetic nervous system. There's a decent chance your stomach function will return to normal and food "allergies" and GERD disappear with reduction in stress. This is a process that will take months to years.. it's not a quick fix, not "easy" because your body will want to return to homeostasis, which is the normal way you are used to thinking and feeling. It is akin to a part to full time job, a lifelong process.

Now telling you this is easy.. doing it is VERY difficult and without research into mindfulness, visualization, thought control, affirmations, etc. you probably will have nowhere to start.. this video is a good primer as are a number of his other videos, along with this link...

http://www.holistichelp.net/dysauton...sfunction.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l96TZeZGlDg

You could probably get all the information you need from this guy's rather long winded videos with no other sources needed. Googling the term "reprogramming the subconscious" is useful though. No nutrients or diet plans I've ever tried have ever worked like personal development work has.

As far as diet, eat a lot of non fructose containing items.. meat, vegetables, and starch to the point where your blood sugar doesn't go much above 150 mg/dl an hour after eating. There's a good chance you might have delayed stomach emptying (gastroparesis) as part of your stress which also can cause abnormal blood sugar responses after meals.. all goes along with the stress... meaning if you fix your stress your blood sugar 'could' go back to normal. I am curious you say you have pre diabetes yet you are thin and need to gain weight? What has your diet been? If it's been high in sugar (which is 50% fructose, 50% glucose) or other sweetened items you might have NAFLD, or non alcoholic fatty liver disease.. in this case take choline and avoid all fructose (including all sugars). If you try to gain weight too fast you'll just pack your liver with more fat as weight gain by itself will cause a buildup of liver fat, fructose aside. Fructose and alcohol are assimilated by the body in the same way, so they can both cause the same liver problems in excess amounts. Milk products are fine as lactose breaks down completely into glucose, but take it with fiber or other foods or it will make some rock hard stools. This is especially true with cheese.

Last edited by sholomar; 02-15-2017 at 09:32 PM..

Old 02-15-2017, 10:07 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,002,747 times
^Excellent post.

I will also add that taking Betaine HCl + Pepsin with high protein meals will help you gain weight and treat your acid reflux.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:22 PM

356 posts, read 302,464 times
Thank you all. I feel weak, stressed out, depressed so much these days, just burnt out. Mostly due to the drive to work and around town, drowning in bills, and getting old, just turned 50. Feeling pretty hopeless...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness