Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:57 PM

782 posts, read 3,789,003 times

Advertisements

Ok i'm a constant farter.I pass gas daily.I even pass gas without even noticing it.I pass gas like every 30mins.I drink about 64 oz. of tea daily.I eat pancakes every morning.I eat few apples or bananas daily.I'm sick and tired of it.My wife can use some relief also from the daily air freshener i produce constantly.I goggle it and it says it normal.I dont know about that.My bouls move daily one week to once or twice in another week.I notice since i have been working outside, i have alot of gas inside me.I been working outside for about a year now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 07:14 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
You may want to ask your doctor about taking a product called "Beano."

Old 02-23-2008, 07:33 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,952,491 times
This might solve your problem

YouTube - Toot Tone

If anything it will make you laugh and it's become quite the joke in our house. Whenever my 14 year old son farts now we tell him his cell phone is ringing.
Sorry I can't give you a real solution......

Old 02-23-2008, 08:19 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,057,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booboy View Post
Ok i'm a constant farter.I pass gas daily.I even pass gas without even noticing it.I pass gas like every 30mins.I drink about 64 oz. of tea daily.I eat pancakes every morning.I eat few apples or bananas daily.I'm sick and tired of it.My wife can use some relief also from the daily air freshener i produce constantly.I goggle it and it says it normal.I dont know about that.My bouls move daily one week to once or twice in another week.I notice since i have been working outside, i have alot of gas inside me.I been working outside for about a year now.
Do you have sugar in your tea?

Sugar makes you fart - but somehow it doesn't smell sweet.....later

Old 02-23-2008, 10:52 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Do you have sugar in your tea?

Sugar makes you fart - but somehow it doesn't smell sweet.....later
I read somewhere once that high fructose corn syrup will cause some people to have excess gas. Many products today have it, especially sodas. Many foods like bran, grains, or beans will produce gas, but like the other poster mentioned, "Beano" can prevent that. Excessive gas certainly is embarassing. In my old job we used to have monthly meetings which were sometimes crowded and fairly quite. Nothing is more embarrassing than having to hold a fart and have it back up creating a grumbling sound in your tummy. Ugh!! I used to hate that!

Old 02-24-2008, 02:14 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
Buy some probiotics. You can get them at drugstore.com or amazon.com. And at your local drugstores. In the supplements section. Probiotics are a tiny little pill the size of a mung bean, really tiny. It has a triple coating to survive the intestinal tract, and it releases the beneficial bacteria back into your intestines to smooth things out. You can also buy probiotics in liquid form.
The farting will go away slowly, much to family and friends relief, as long as you take one a day. It won't go away permanently, you will still fart now and then, but not constantly. When you feel the urge, just aim your butt to a window or the doorway. lol

Also, when you drink liquids, try not to gulp down air at the same time. That will also cause quite frequent farts and burps.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:55 AM

335 posts, read 1,533,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booboy View Post
Dear Pooh Boy,

Usually, it has to do with what you eat. younger folks have more healthy bacteria in their systems. If you are eating large amounts of food, lots of carbohydrates, then well, you are going to be farting a lot.

just praise the lord that things are working so efficiently.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:59 AM

1,356 posts, read 6,025,634 times
You could also try a digestive enzyme product. If you do get one that has amalyse, protease, and lipase enzymes. They break down carbs, proteins, and fats, respectively. I don't know that it will solve the problem but I know that it solves heartburn problems. I imagine that if your food was digested more efficiently then you could have less problems.

The probiotics are worth a try too. Carrot juice is correct that younger folks are less likely to need them, but everyone is different.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:44 AM

754 posts, read 1,448,899 times
I'm embarassed to say this but I actually developed a "problem" as well. I went to my doctor about it and all he said was to stay away from dairy. It's possible you've become lactose intolerant. For me the only thing that has worked has been laying off the dairy products and I've been taking some antioxidents (not for the gas but I noticed it's been working). Also, when I'm going out with someone I take a Zantax, I know it's for heartburn but it works incredibly well for gas as well (and on a date the last thing I need to be worried about is letting one rip ). But Dairy, Bran, Wheat etc those are the major contributors to the problem. Lay off one at a time and see if you can narrow down what your body is reacting to.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:58 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
I would talk to your family doctor, or to a dietician. It may be something in your diet.

Also only 1-2 bowel movements per week seems low to me. You may want to increase your fiber intake...at the recommendation of my physician, I add Benefiber to my food at least once a day. It is a tasteless, completely dissolvable powder. Sometimes I will add it to a drink, or mix it into whatever I am cooking. If you try it, just use a little at a time, not more than a teaspoon, especially at first.

Bean-O or the generic version will help reduce gas, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness