Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 10:48 AM

731 posts, read 678,101 times

Advertisements

Google propanolol and social anxiety. People who have to do public speaking sometimes take a dose.

" Propranolol (Inderal) Possible Benefits. Used for short-term relief of social anxiety. May reduce some peripheral symptoms of anxiety, such as tachycardia and sweating, and general tension, can help control symptoms of stage fright and public-speaking fears, has few side effects. "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 10:50 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
I am getting confused on what you were charged $200 out of pocket for and what not and I don't have time at the moment to go back through the posts to read all of them again to figure it out. But anyway, I just wanted to point out in case you were not aware, that Linsinopril is one of the meds on the $4 Walmart prescription list just in case you or anyone else is paying more out of pocket for that particular drug.

Here is the full $4 prescription drug list at Walmart if you or anyone else would like, or need, to reference it.

https://www.walmart.com/cp/1078664
The $4 price is with prescription insurance, right? I don't buy prescription insurance.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:51 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
I am getting confused on what you were charged $200 out of pocket for and what not and I don't have time at the moment to go back through the posts to read all of them again to figure it out. But anyway, I just wanted to point out in case you were not aware, that Linsopril is one of the meds on the $4 Walmart prescription list just in case you or anyone else is paying more out of pocket for that particular drug.

Here is the full $4 prescription drug list at Walmart if you or anyone else would like, or need, to reference it.

https://www.walmart.com/cp/1078664
They wanted to charge me $200 for the Propranolol, we said find a cheaper medication so he's taking
Lisinopril and it's costs us $6.99

Old 02-05-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I do know it's an expensive medication that my DH doctor wanted him on for slightly elevated BP. It would have cost us $200 a month with insurance! We had the doctor change the med to something less expensive.
wait a minute, I'm researching....

Old 02-05-2018, 11:02 AM

3,461 posts, read 4,699,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
The $4 price is with prescription insurance, right? I don't buy prescription insurance.
No, I do believe that as long as you have a prescription then you can get any of the meds on their list for $4. I don't believe it matters whether you have insurance or not. I do believe I have used it in the past when I did not have any insurance. Call your local Walmart and inquire within.

All of the drugs that they have on their list are fairly cheap to produce so they pass the savings onto the customer as long as they have a prescription for it, even without insurance. They also use these drugs as loss leaders to draw people to their pharmacy.

I Googled and found a bit of info here:
https://thelawdictionary.org/article...prescriptions/

Old 02-05-2018, 11:05 AM

Try this organization. I get my very expensive medicine here Find Your Medication | Rx Outreach

propanolol 10mg 90 days worth for $20
20mg 90 days $30
40 mg 90 days $40
80mg 90 days $55

Lot of people ask the doc to write for twice the dose per pill and they cut the pills in half.

I am not finding Propanolol at the Walmart $4 pharmacy. You could call your local WM

Old 02-05-2018, 11:36 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Bishop View Post
Google propanolol and social anxiety. People who have to do public speaking sometimes take a dose.

" Propranolol (Inderal) Possible Benefits. Used for short-term relief of social anxiety. May reduce some peripheral symptoms of anxiety, such as tachycardia and sweating, and general tension, can help control symptoms of stage fright and public-speaking fears, has few side effects. "
Musicians use it for performance anxiety and it's also used to lower blood pressure.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
No, I do believe that as long as you have a prescription then you can get any of the meds on their list for $4. I don't believe it matters whether you have insurance or not. I do believe I have used it in the past when I did not have any insurance. Call your local Walmart and inquire within.

All of the drugs that they have on their list are fairly cheap to produce so they pass the savings onto the customer as long as they have a prescription for it, even without insurance. They also use these drugs as loss leaders to draw people to their pharmacy.

I Googled and found a bit of info here:
https://thelawdictionary.org/article...prescriptions/
I get my BP meds from CVS and get 90 at a time....so I pay about $15 or so for my BP med, each one of them...I get 90 of each when I get refills. I don't shop walmart so I work with what I have...and glad my doc gives me 90 of each with refills. No insurance. I can't complain...this $4 sounds like for 30...

Last edited by jaminhealth; 02-05-2018 at 12:24 PM..

Old 02-05-2018, 12:10 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,699,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I get my BP meds from CVS and get 90 at a time....so I pay about $15 or so for my BP med, each one of them...I get 90 of each when I get refills. I don't shop walmart so I work with what I have...and glad myt doc gives me 90 of each with refills. No insurance. I can't complain...this $4 sounds like for 30...
It is $4 for 30 day supply and $10 for 90 day supply for drugs on the $4 list at Walmart. I posted it for anyone who needs it and finds it cheaper and didn't know about it.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
It is $4 for 30 day supply and $10 for 90 day supply for drugs on the $4 list at Walmart. I posted it for anyone who needs it and finds it cheaper and didn't know about it.
Maybe that's true about walmart and $10 for 90 days and I guess we're still talking propranolol...I'm bowing out as I'm OK with what I'm paying and don't buy insurance for drugs. And I don't use the propranolol but I have heard so many have drug insurance these days. Depends on strength of pills too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness