Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 07:51 AM

19,442 posts, read 27,850,175 times

Advertisements

Women experience heart attack symptoms differently than men. Much of what you are describing fits that pattern.

I'm in total agreement with Flamingo13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 08:47 AM

2,001 posts, read 2,513,965 times
yes, it can be heart attack. it can be a number of things but I don't want to alarm you.
only a dr can tell for sure. hurry up.

question: do you smoke? It might be that.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:44 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,577,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknesssky View Post
Okay that's awful. I'm not coughing though and I rarely have cough.
Only way to tell is to go to the doctor and get examined. You may have bruised or torn cartilage in the rib case. Coughing can cause it, and the pain will show up later. It can last a couple of weeks. Movement during sleep can exacerbate the bruise. As you probably know, sleeping position can also affect acid reflux problem and resolution.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:58 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,480,811 times
Not long ago, a friend had blockage in his arteries and heart and the symptoms were persistent heart burn. He would take antacids all day long. When he happened to go in for a checkup not suspecting anything, they diagnosed him with the problem. He opted out for surgery but had stints put in. I would get checked. It may be nothing serious but it could the opposite.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:31 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Take nothing for treatment until you know what you are treating.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-01-2018, 11:21 AM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Broken rib and/or broken cartilage.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:43 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,205,739 times
Had the same pain same place. It was angina. I needed stents.

Go To ER NOW! (if you haven't already).

Old 02-01-2018, 03:55 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Take nothing for treatment until you know what you are treating.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!!

All this speculating and suggestions to "take" this or that is useless and could make something simple much worse. It could also mask the real problem.

If you are this worried, see a general practitioner. They can at least rule out an emergency. That in itself could make you feel better. If you take some control your anxiety could be relieved.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:04 PM

90 posts, read 136,481 times
Does it come and go or is it consistent and only increasing in pain?

I've had rib pain too before that turned out to be acid reflux. Could be the culprit in your case. but it could be a number of other things. Zantac helps me as does Gaviscon (has to be the Gaviscon imported from the UK and on Amazon).

cutting out the acidic food and taking the Zantac and Gaviscon cleared top the uncomfortable ribs issue for me.

My doctor also prescribed a PPI, Omeprazole I think, but I took that only for a few days or so. Don't like to take PPI's unless absolutely necessary.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:25 PM

13,273 posts, read 7,321,255 times
I have been known to worry about heart attacks since my father and grandfather both had heart troubles in the late 40's that's the age I'm currently, but like you I also had GERD over the years. One day I had chest pain and after taking lot of tums, and zantag with no relief I got worried went to the local hospital ED. I was given an EKG right away didn't show anything put me in the waiting room for 4 hours until I got a bed. Six hours later after blood work, chest xray other test I was cleared and told most likely gerd. I went to my GP who put me on 40MG protonix (pantoprazole) again and I noticed lot of difference felt much better lot of little things I just was ignoring related to GERD. I suspect the gerd came back when I gained weight back in 2017 after dropping 25 lbs now I'm trying to lose it again so I can get off the protonix. If your doctor gave you a proton pump inhibitor for gerd you should stick with it you might be surprised how much you feel better. You can also get it over the counter in 20MG strength. I would suggest seeing a doctor to rule out any heart issues generally a chest xray and EGK can tell them lot of information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness