Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 12:17 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'm sure genetics plays a large part and lifestyle major as well. A friend was born and raised in a family of smokers and she has been on heart meds for years and she did smoke too for many years. The damage was done. At 82, she says she is the longest living person in her family.

My father was so ready to die when he was 95 and his heart just would not stop. It finally did and he was in final peace.

My heart seems fine at close to 80 and I do believe my antioxidant does a good job with keeping my blood thin.
Genetics only plays a large part in certain diseases, and they are not very common.

The most common cause of heart disease today is metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. This is rarely found in non-industrialized societies. It is known to result from the modern industrialized lifestyle.

Most of us were probably brought up in a family where white bread was a staple of the diet, and maybe pasta and white rice, and we always had dessert.

We got a lot of exercise, because we were kids and we loved to play. But we were not taught that exercise is needed for health. And as soon as we started driving cars, we forgot about exercise.

Some of us became interested in health and read about the dangers of that lifestyle. But most others just continued the unhealthy traditions.

The result has been an epidemic of type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, cancer, dementia, etc.

Our medical system reluctantly accepts this, sometimes. But more often it insists these epidemics simply result from living longer, thanks to the modern drugs.

We desperately need to see the truth about our health. I've had too many loved ones lose their quality of life, or their life, because of these misunderstandings.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:29 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
The medical system actively promotes diet and exercise.

No matter how many times you say it doesn't.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-18-2018, 12:45 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
That's what monomania is - one topic, again and again, dressed up slightly different ways. Its an interesting maladay.
+1

You have your own answer G4N - you've quoted it chapter and verse on numerous occasions, but by all means - keep beating the same dead horse.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:46 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The medical system actively promotes diet and exercise.

No matter how many times you say it doesn't.
Mikala, I don't see many doctors but the ones I've seen have Never talked diet and exercise. And today even less with the allotted time per patient. So I don't think we can say the medical system.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Merko can do as he pleases, if he wants to have an early death, then let him. We can't fix the bad habits of others.
I have good friends and we forever help each other as best we can by often "planting seeds" to what they do or don't do. After a while, we let it go. It's true everyone does as they please, often self destruct as they please.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:54 PM

1,183 posts, read 708,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Some people hate to hear about this, because they don't want to see drugs criticized at all, ever.
Right, those of us that worship the God of Drugs.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:55 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Mikala, I don't see many doctors but the ones I've seen have Never talked diet and exercise. And today even less with the allotted time per patient. So I don't think we can say the medical system.
Well I think your doctors pretty much know that exercise is off the table for you.

Fine, Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical, WebMD....... any web page will advise diet and exercise for most common diseases such has high cholesterol, heart issues, diabetes, arthritis, obesity................ the list is very long.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-18-2018, 12:55 PM

1,183 posts, read 708,705 times
Quote:
I have good friends and we forever help each other as best we can by often "planting seeds" to what they do or don't do. After a while, we let it go. It's true everyone does as they please, often self destruct as they please.
Grape seed to be precise.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well I think your doctors pretty much know that exercise is off the table for you.

Fine, Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical, WebMD....... any web page will advise diet and exercise for most common diseases such has high cholesterol, heart issues, diabetes, arthritis, obesity................ the list is very long.
No, my worst issues are in recent years. One with OA can still do mild work and stretching and PT exercises ..

Old 06-18-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
Grape seed to be precise.
If you say so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness