Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 06:53 PM

482 posts, read 242,082 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had or known someone that has had butt augmentation? My wife is trying to talk her sister out of this because of some horror stories she's read about. The procedure works with some type of fat transferring.

I don't get it. This woman is quite attractive and already has a really nice butt. She has said before that she's always been jealous of my wife's backside, which is on the big side for her frame, and my wife is jealous of her sister who has always been very tall and lean.

Both of these women look great in a swimsuit in their own way. Why can't people just be happy with the way they're put together. I've told my sister in-law that for every guy that's into women with curves, there is a guy that will be into a woman with a toned athletic body like hers. I just don't get why someone would take the risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 07:03 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
It's her body to modify in away she can live with. Re arranging fatty tissue is nothing new.
Unless she suffers from amorphous. .I tend to think adults make choices that fit their 'ideal'.
Support her decision ..and wish her a safe operation.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:15 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Well, I believe MOST elective surgeries should be thought of long and hard and especially something like this. You asked and this is how I feel. The chances of infection is only one concern. All surgeries can have their risk factor. The less surgeries the better is my mantra.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-30-2018 at 08:11 PM..

Old 07-30-2018, 07:15 PM

482 posts, read 242,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
It's her body to modify in away she can live with. Re arranging fatty tissue is nothing new.
Unless she suffers from amorphous. .I tend to think adults make choices that fit their 'ideal'.
Is this a pretty safe procedure then? I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't think it's a good decision, but like you said, it's her body. My wife is the one that has been vocal about it.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:04 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Butt implants have a higher failure rate than other implants. I suppose "rearranging fat" is probably safer but may not have the dramatic impact she's looking for? If I was going to do something to my body, that wouldn't be the first thing but I guess if she's good with the rest of her body then good luck!

Old 07-31-2018, 10:22 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
Is this a pretty safe procedure then? I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't think it's a good decision, but like you said, it's her body. My wife is the one that has been vocal about it.
As the owner of an outsized butt myself, I've never understood why anyone would go under the knife to get one, but that's just me, LOL.

I'd say it's her body, I guess, and hopefully she's vetted the surgeon well, and can assure her loved ones that he/she is a reputable, Board certified plastic surgeon who has done many of these with good results, and is not a fly-by-night unlicensed surgeon wannabee who's injecting silicone from Home Depot into the surgical area and "operating"in his/her garage.

Old 07-31-2018, 10:27 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,645,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
This kind of thinking has become so "cool."

Sure - just wantonly slice your body open - then cut stuff out - take lots of drugs - "it's your body, you can do anything you want to it."

Unethical doctors love this kind of thinking.

No thought to risks, infections, long-term effects (in the case of implants which have a ten year max life-span - which means you are supposed to have additional surgeries every ten years!), etc. It's all "it's your body, so go for it."

Shallow, unethical people, shallow, unethical (stupid) culture.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:04 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post

Sure - just wantonly slice your body open - then cut stuff out - take lots of drugs - "it's your body, you can do anything you want to it."

No thought to risks, infections, long-term effects (in the case of implants which have a ten year max life-span - which means you are supposed to have additional surgeries every ten years!), etc. It's all "it's your body, so go for it."

For sure, unbelievable some thinking by so many. Just cut away and then face the damages...there will be complications. The American vanity culture doing it's thing.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:19 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post

Ohh my! I didn't realize how sensitive you were to a medical procedure that is done in a controlled environment. By a BOARD Certified and most likely Proficient DOCTOR.

A certified doctor has the consult on Risk no matter if its elective or NOT! Please re-consider your off the cuff remarks. They do little for us who are more attune to the process of surgery. Heck I had a root canal done and had a mouth infection that caused lock jaw. Was that Dentist Unethical in your opinion? No, it was a condition that can and does happen....

OP- to be clear, the Butt enhancement carries the same risk as most surgeries that invade the skin and near a muscle. Prone to blood clotting , Anethesia concerns, and possible infections. Healing times vary based on fitness and procedure. a patient is made aware of these risks and hopefully discuss's If such were to happen what treatment is available to subside it or rid it.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:44 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
If she qualifies and is getting a BBL, they take her own fat from somewhere else via lipo. They then process and purify it and it's injected into the butt to make it perkier/bigger/rounder/whatever the goal is. If it's all done correctly, the result should be long lasting.

She won't be able to sit directly on her butt for 2-3 weeks and she will have to wear special compression undergarments. And of course there's risks, as with any surgery. Fat embolism is very rare, but possibly fatal. A good surgeon is a must and won't be cheap. Waiting lists are usually long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness