Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 09:44 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times

Advertisements

I could feel tugging and pulling. Recovery was a lot harder with my first c-section than my second, because the incision was wider and went through more muscle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 09:46 PM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
My c-section was an emergency, so I was totally under. Didn't know or feel a thing. Afterwards? It hurt. Even with the pain killers, it hurt.
Mine was an emergency, too, but I got the spinal. I had been terrified of labor and ended up never finding out what it felt like.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:29 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
It won’t hurt. The doctor tells you when you might feel pressure.

I’ve had 5 natural vaginals, 1 vaginal with epidural (didn’t work) & 2 of those were vbacs. 2 c-secs with twins & 1 c-sec of 1.

The most painful of those were the first natural vaginal & the last vaginal, which was a vbac with epidural. If I would have known she was going to weigh 9lbs; I would have been fine with a c-sec!

Old 01-24-2019, 08:57 AM

1,299 posts, read 822,984 times
I had my c-section after 36 hours of non-productive labour, with an epidural. I was exhausted, and fell asleep when they were sewing me up. I remember a lot of tugging and pulling, and I could still move my feet (which sort of freaked me out!).

Afterwards it was quite painful, in a deep way, not a sharp way, if that makes sense. But I know with me, I was so busy taking care of my newborn that I didn't notice the pain that much. I had support, though, and that helped me to not try to do too much before I was ready.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:58 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allierose View Post
Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone who has a had a c section could tell me if it hurts or if you feel anything at all.
Complications and pain associated last a lifetime with a C-section. This is why Doctors prefer their patients not to have it. Why sacrifice your skin and have a nasty scar when you can have it naturally if you could.

When my wife was giving birth, she said the pain from birth was so much that the epidural pain was not even felt. At that point, any other pain other than giving birth is not being felt anymore.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:11 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,583,881 times
The actual c-section didn’t hurt but the spinal anesthesia wasn’t pleasant and you do feel some pressure or pulling. The recovery was awful but only for about 2 weeks or so. And I’m sure that was made worse due to lack of sleep and trying to figure out breastfeeding for the first time. My husband was home for the first month which really helped a lot. I would plan on having help for the first two weeks if you do have one - I was pretty useless other than feeding the baby. Take the pain meds around the clock too - they help. And plan to sleep sitting up or in a recliner - going from laying down to sitting up was the worst of the pain.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:32 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
My daughter was in labor for almost 12 hrs--her first child--was over 7 days late and large so they induced
No help but kept her on pitocin longer trying to force a "natural delivery"
C section happened in hurry I think because baby's heartbeat started to slow
She really had no issues--was surprised she felt so well so soon afterward
Was sitting cross legged on her bed very soon

Good thing they did C section---grandson was almost 10 lbs and had cord wrapped around his neck 3 times
Wouldn't have made vaginal delivery in all likelihood...

Old 01-24-2019, 11:45 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I could feel tugging and pulling. Recovery was a lot harder with my first c-section than my second, because the incision was wider and went through more muscle.
The muscles are not typically cut with a Cesarean. There are two muscles side by side that touch vertically in the lower abdomen. They are just separated from one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Complications and pain associated last a lifetime with a C-section.
The majority of women do not have "complications and pain" for a "lifetime" after a Cesarean.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:12 PM

21,923 posts, read 9,494,494 times
I had two scheduled ones. I don't recall much pain.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:51 PM

1,347 posts, read 945,147 times
I had a C-section. Agree with the others that I could feel tugging, pushing, pulling. I would say it was uncomfortable, but not necessarily painful. I do recall getting nauseous during the procedure, and had to ask multiple times before they did anything about it. I would certainly not categorize it as a pleasant experience and I was glad when it was over....

... Or so I thought. I was not prepared for the post-op pain. I had to be super cautious and meticulous about how I transitioned from lying down to sitting/standing. Most people (myself included) just do it quickly and automatically without thinking. Do that after a C-section, and it feels like someone just knifed you in the stomach. Also, I was advised that holding a pillow against my stomach would make it hurt less if/when I laughed. I can confirm that this did *not* work.

It does get better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness