Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 04:15 PM

447 posts, read 208,532 times

Advertisements

I love my sunny side eggs and have no intention of giving them up as I eat them about 5 times a week topped over refried beans and cheese. I see my Dr every 4 months due to another health issue and we do blood work and so far so good. I also have the occasional pint of ice cream and a huge bag of Lays bbq chips. If that means I wont make it to 60, fine by me. I'd rather be on the otherside partying with my buddies I lost 3 years ago. Enjoy life folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 04:41 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
6-eggs at a time, that is usually what I eat.

Love eggs, and yes, something gunna kill yah.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:23 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I hate that they threw it back into doubt.

THEY have been waffling back and forth on eggs being healthy vs. unhealthy for 30+ years now. If you eat organic cage-free eggs in moderation you will be fine. The "experts" will continue changing their minds on this debate for the next 30+ years. They like to think they are the smartest person in the room and hear themselves talk.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:41 PM

4,606 posts, read 2,996,667 times
How do researchers manage to isolate the egg-consumption variable from every other diet / lifestyle variable that influences human health?

Old 03-17-2019, 09:32 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,160,449 times
People have to think of the role of inflammation in heart attacks, too. I have heard of active, outwardly healthy looking people having heart problems and I wonder about that, besides genetics, diet, there is inflammation, too and it comes in many forms: teeth/gum disease, even certain skin problems, anything that causes the body to react, overreact. There are also the anxiety conditions that stresses the body. It's a miracle any of us live to a ripe old age. I used to watch the people on TV that were very extreme in their diets just so they could live a few years more, and I thought what is the use of living if you can't enjoy a simple cupcake once in a while?

Old 03-17-2019, 10:10 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,485,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
You announce frightening "news." You panic the populace. You scare the herd into taking your drug$. It's like the global warming panic, with "evidence" such as mega-millionaire algore's fakumentaries. Algore left office in 2001 worth about a million bucks. Now he's worth 100-200 million and has numerous mansions and flies private jets.

All just to save us!
The Wabbit is onto something here!

The U.N. wants people (esp Americans) to eat a diet that is supposedly good for climate change; you know - to avoid cow farts and all that. So you listen to them, all you rich, fat, indulgent Americans! Don't you know people are starving in Bangladesh?? Starving, I tells ya, while you sit there at breakfast eating your bacon and eggs!! 20 lashes with an egg noodle, and no supper for you!

Seriously, this climate change stuff is getting out of control. The globalists had us all going the way they wanted, eating grains and vegetables, becoming diabetic, when Mon Dieu! lots of us went back to consuming animal products again, and eating low carb. RATS!! Time to dig out the old scary stuff again!

The U.N. and the globalists have been quite successful getting young people to go vegan. They want all of us eating that way. A pale, sickly society is easier to control than a bunch of hairy chested, red blooded men loaded with "toxic masculinity". UGH. Pass the eggs, please!

Old 03-17-2019, 10:20 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Exactly, I am trying to decrease my carbs, too - I love pasta but it'll do me in over time. I usually would combine a protein with a vegetable or a small amount of carb like brown rice. I love avocados, too and of course, they say that it's got fat in it, but the good kind
I grew up on pasta and breads and I now think it probably did a lot of damage I live with including a lot of dental work, arthritis and maybe even higher blood pressure....been reading a lot of posts here lately with a lot of new info. Don't worry about the eggs, read a lot of the comments in this thread.

Growing up we didn't eat by the books and internet, we ate what was on the table.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 03-17-2019 at 10:44 PM..

Old 03-17-2019, 11:46 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
When studies or research indicates that eggs are harmless and 'good' for you, then automatically take that at face value without questioning anything (such as, who or what organization was behind this research).

However, when studies or research indicates eggs may be bad for you, then go out of your way to nitpick and discredit the study.

Yes, that really sounds balanced and fair.

At any rate, Dr. Robert Eckel (University of Colorado) says that the risks of egg consumption, heart disease, and early death are only modest. And this study isn't exactly the gold standard of research methodologies.

So while eating eggs isn't something to panic over unlike other dietary habits, eating too much of it isn't good for you either. Excess cholesterol is not good for you, and the body produces enough of it on its own so you don't have to eat a lot of it.

Regardless of the factors that lead to heart attacks and stroke, guess what plaque is made out of (the stuff that clogs your blood vessels)? Yup, cholesterol among other things, especially LDL, the 'bad' cholesterol, which increases with egg consumption. Common sense would dictate that the more you partake of something that is a building block of plaque, the more of a risk factor it becomes in forming that plaque.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMjXNOzZHu0

Old 03-17-2019, 11:57 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
I like my eggs fried in butter and that is still being debated. For many years people switched to margarine to the be told that butter was better and now it is still not decided. I do think that most of this debate still goes back to moderation. Nobody should live completely off only eggs or butter or whatever. It is always better to vary your diet with some turtle soup, fish eggs, fried grasshoppers and some rattlesnake meat!

Old 03-18-2019, 01:02 AM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Geeze, after eating eggs weekly for over 80 years I guess I better start shopping for a casket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness