Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 06:54 AM

166 posts, read 97,627 times

Advertisements

I have chronic kidney disease due to genetic high blood pressure since I was 12. I am 35 now. I am stage 3a and it's close to 3b. I have a binge eating disorder and I end up eating a lot of salt and sugar which is bad for the kidneys. I don't take any blood pressure medication because I tried many including this year and it always ends up making another chronic medical condition even worse. I went to therapy for binge eating disorder and saw the only 2 therapists in my region that specialize in treating eating disorder but it didn't work. They told me that I will have binge eating disorder for the rest of my life. What is more likely to happen first, dying from kidneys failing--- it's both kidneys I have problems with or getting a hemorrhage. I started getting headaches but it's not severe. It started when I began taking a new high blood pressure medication that would also cause me to feel dizzy. I stopped taking it because it was making my other chronic medical condition even worse like all high blood pressure medications do. What is more likely to happen first, dying from kidneys failing or dying from hemorrhage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 08:25 AM

3,263 posts, read 5,005,094 times
I'm not surprised that your therapists told you that you'll have a binge eating disorder for the rest of your life, because it's true: you'll have the disorder forever. It doesn't just go away.

But I am surprised they didn't help you find ways to control the disorder. That's what a therapist is for.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:56 AM

17,590 posts, read 13,372,722 times
What can happen next?

You are killing yourself, you tell us

Old 10-03-2019, 11:44 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,981,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2019 View Post
I have chronic kidney disease due to genetic high blood pressure since I was 12. I am 35 now. I am stage 3a and it's close to 3b. I have a binge eating disorder and I end up eating a lot of salt and sugar which is bad for the kidneys. I don't take any blood pressure medication because I tried many including this year and it always ends up making another chronic medical condition even worse. I went to therapy for binge eating disorder and saw the only 2 therapists in my region that specialize in treating eating disorder but it didn't work. They told me that I will have binge eating disorder for the rest of my life. What is more likely to happen first, dying from kidneys failing--- it's both kidneys I have problems with or getting a hemorrhage. I started getting headaches but it's not severe. It started when I began taking a new high blood pressure medication that would also cause me to feel dizzy. I stopped taking it because it was making my other chronic medical condition even worse like all high blood pressure medications do. What is more likely to happen first, dying from kidneys failing or dying from hemorrhage?

No, actually, all blood pressure medications don't do that...you're making up excuses for not taking a blood pressure medication. As for eating a lot of salt and sugar, you act like you have no control over that, but you do...no one forces foods down your throat. You need to develop a better attitude toward your health and take control of your bad habits.

I wish you well.

Old 10-03-2019, 12:09 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
I'm not surprised that your therapists told you that you'll have a binge eating disorder for the rest of your life, because it's true: you'll have the disorder forever. It doesn't just go away.
OP you wrote that therapy "didn't work". I am sure it isn't easy for anyone. However, nothing will work if you aren't part of the process. In the end, you are the one choosing to eat what you know you shouldn't, and you are the one who must choose not to. Sounds as if you have "decided" that you are going to die one way or another so it absolves you of responsibility for your part in it.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:22 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,614,838 times
I think your biggest concern probably should be getting your blood-pressure under control.......high BP is very bad for the kidneys. Most of the human body, if given time and the right environment, usually heals quite well...............kidneys, not so much.

The binge-eating, that is something that should also be given top priority, it is usually very bad for your health. I would find a psychiatrist, who can give you meaningful and effective counseling, direct you to a proven cognitive-behavior-therapy program and most likely prescribe you specific
medication that helps stop binge-eating.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:30 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
I agree with what people are saying. Get control over your life. Stop doing what you are doing. No one is forcing you to eat salt and it's hard to believe that neither of the therapists could help you. It's up to you. It is 100% your own choice so don't come and ask us about dying when you are the one who can do anything about it.

Be strong and get back to one of the therapists and get to work. And I mean WORK at it and don't just say you can't do it and don't make up any excuses. This is life or death and you are in charge. YOU. You are in charge of living or dying. Maybe you need to do some hard thinking as to why you wish to die rather than live. Get into therapy and learn how to take charge. We are here to support you but we do not want you to do things that will make you die.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:51 PM

166 posts, read 97,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
No, actually, all blood pressure medications don't do that...you're making up excuses for not taking a blood pressure medication. As for eating a lot of salt and sugar, you act like you have no control over that, but you do...no one forces foods down your throat. You need to develop a better attitude toward your health and take control of your bad habits.

I wish you well.

Actually it says on the medications the negative side effects and there is a specific negative side effect that makes another chronic medical condition even worse. It's the reason why I got fired from my last job and why I had to quit my last job so it's not an excuse. When I was a kid I used to make fun of people who were overweight but I thought they could control what they eat. I was wrong. You don't experience binge eating disorder so you shouldn't talk about it like it's easy to just stop. You should look it up before talking about it. Binge eating disorder is the worst mental disorder I have.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:54 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,656,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2019 View Post
Actually it says on the medications the negative side effects and there is a specific negative side effect that makes another chronic medical condition even worse. It's the reason why I got fired from my last job and why I had to quit my last job so it's not an excuse. When I was a kid I used to make fun of people who were overweight but I thought they could control what they eat. I was wrong. You don't experience binge eating disorder so you shouldn't talk about it like it's easy to just stop. You should look it up before talking about it.
It's compulsive behavior and a cognitive behavioral therapist should be able to help you IF you want help - and it sounds like you don't.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:55 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,656,400 times
Why were you fired?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness