Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 12:37 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times

Advertisements

Watch this video starting at about 6:50. It supports a suspicion that I have had since late January of this year, but have heard no mention of on the national media....until today.

https://www.foxnews.com/shows/outnumbered-overtime

I watched this and instantly felt it was a confirmation of what I have known for 2 months, but had no way to prove. I also exploded emotionally with an overwhelming sense of relief....feeling very sure that I (and nearly everyone else I know in my corner of the world) has already had and successfully fought off Coronavirus before it became the most costly crisis anyone alive has ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 01:01 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
How about sharing with us your startling revelation? I had a horrible upper respiratory infection last year at this time, and quite honestly, I felt like I was gonna die from it. It was brutal and the first 2 weeks were horrible, it took 6 weeks to finally end.

Is it a possibility I had this virus? I didn't have any trouble breathing, so I don't think so, and I didn't cough until weeks 5-6.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
How about sharing with us your startling revelation? I had a horrible upper respiratory infection last year at this time, and quite honestly, I felt like I was gonna die from it. It was brutal and the first 2 weeks were horrible, it took 6 weeks to finally end.

Is it a possibility I had this virus? I didn't have any trouble breathing, so I don't think so, and I didn't cough until weeks 5-6.
I meant to end with the question does this resonate with anyone else here? I was remiss in leaving that out.

Anyway, yes, I'll be back later - maybe mid-afternoon - with some details of my story. I honestly feel almost like I have a new lease on life. Being in the "vulnerable group", at 70, I was on pins and needles with awful possible scenarios going through my mind that scared me to death. Now there's a spring back in my step.

I'll be back.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:59 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,070,584 times
Thanks for posting this. There are many strains of the virus and there is a difference between the virus and the disease. I think we have all been exposed to the viruses. Over the last year I've noticed so many people get sick my family included with very bad flu like systems. When we went to the doctor's we often were told its a virus infection there is nothing that can be done just rest. Looking back the doctor's were not given information and or support to even test for such incidents then and now. Praying that everyone stays healthy!

Old 03-20-2020, 02:12 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
Quote:

I know this isn't meant for me, but can't resist. I truly believe I have not been sick: colds, flu, anything for well over 2 decades....my antioxidant use I've discussed SO MUCH here and especially in Alt Med keeps my system strong and blood cleaned and and and I'm no spring chicken. I'm in a lot in the last couple yrs due to knee damage but when I go out etc I don't go in fear nor when others come into my house, I have no fear.

And using mind control to keep less stress from one's body...stress weakens the body.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 03-20-2020 at 02:22 PM..

Old 03-20-2020, 02:44 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Quote:

I caught something on January 19th of this year that lasted for 25 days with the more severe symptoms, that started with a high fever and breathing issues, quite bad at times, and a cough that never ended. No flu ever impacted my breathing like that before. I could not lay down, because the coughing prevented that. And I couldn't breathe if I did lay down. I propped myself up on the couch with a pillow behind my back and head to keep me sitting up, slightly leaning to the right. I did not eat for 4 days. I barely drank anything, because it was an effort to even sip water. I just stayed there, like a zombie and went back and forth to the bathroom when needed, although that was not a lot, due to not eating or drinking. I could not sleep. If I were lucky enough to fall asleep for 2-3 minutes, the coughing would pull me out of it.

I finally forced some food into me on the 4th night. The only things that sounded good were potato chips and 7-up. Those were the only two things that didn't taste like crap like everything else. That flu/virus whatever it was sure messed up my taste buds. Even tea with honey and lemon was terrible tasting. The coughing lasted about 12 more days after the 25 days, with it lessening over time.

What was weird about this thing that got me, I had never experienced anything like it before, and the way it impacted my breathing was really weird and very scary. I kept thinking that I was going to die. Because that is the way it felt. My husband dragged me off to one of the Care now urgent care places, and the doctor gave me some medicine, that did not help much, but better than nothing. No insurance is why I did not see a doctor sooner. I am fine now, taking precautions against the current madness, and hope to stay well.

Old 03-20-2020, 02:49 PM

2,901 posts, read 2,146,933 times
he mis-states the results of the poorly designed french study

there is a shortage of beds in many places. most sites don't have a ton of empty beds waiting to be occupied.

the guy is a CT surgeon, not an epidemiologist or ID doc.

Old 03-20-2020, 03:29 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
It's entirely possible. I thought the published symptoms of this Covid-19 respiratory illness sounded familiar, I've had bad respiratory illnesses that included sore throat, stuffed sinuses, bronchitis, the cough from hell, fever ( hasn't been that high generally, for me), which lasted 3 weeks or so, subsided and then came back, sometimes more than once. I thought I'd suffocate trying to sleep in a recumbant position at times had to sleep in an recliner. I can recall having illnesses of this nature and were this bad at least 4-5 times in my life, maybe more.

The last time I had such an illness was in November 2018. It came on suddenly after a sore throat, and went right to my chest. I didn't have the body aches so didn't think it was flu. And I don't usually seek medical help when it's just an uncomplicated upper respiratory crud, but I sat up trying to breathe the first night I had this thing, so I called my PCP's office the next AM to see if I could see someone. Fortunately they were able to see me, said my lungs sounded pretty congested, I had a fever, so they gave me a Z-Pak antibiotic and a short course of prednisone, and bentonite cough drops. They also tested a nasopharyngeal swab for Flu A and B, which was negative. Took me about a week to get better.

There are other corona virus species that cause respiratory illnesses, I think it'd be a rare human being who hasn't encountered one of these critters close up in his/her life at least a few times. Hard to tell what caused these illnesses in hindsight, we aren't usually tested for the infectious agent ( especially a virus), so it's anybody's guess what causes these infections. It could well be one of the coronavirus species, guess it's even possible the cause might be one of the bad ones. Partial immunity to other coronaviruses is possible, I guess, or at least enough to mitigate some future infections with a related species, who knows? The problem with these critters is that they mutate so often ( I always envision virus caracatures changing their little socks on the antigenic portions of their bodies, LOL) that our immune systems think they're entirely new acquaintances and don't mount the immunological responses to fight them as they would a "known adversary".

Here's a website that has some information on the coronaviruses in general and quite a bit of info on the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Coronaviruses – Epidemiology

Old 03-20-2020, 03:37 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I caught something on January 19th of this year that lasted for 25 days with the more severe symptoms, that started with a high fever and breathing issues, quite bad at times, and a cough that never ended. No flu ever impacted my breathing like that before. I could not lay down, because the coughing prevented that. And I couldn't breathe if I did lay down. I propped myself up on the couch with a pillow behind my back and head to keep me sitting up, slightly leaning to the right. I did not eat for 4 days. I barely drank anything, because it was an effort to even sip water. I just stayed there, like a zombie and went back and forth to the bathroom when needed, although that was not a lot, due to not eating or drinking. I could not sleep. If I were lucky enough to fall asleep for 2-3 minutes, the coughing would pull me out of it.

I finally forced some food into me on the 4th night. The only things that sounded good were potato chips and 7-up. Those were the only two things that didn't taste like crap like everything else. That flu/virus whatever it was sure messed up my taste buds. Even tea with honey and lemon was terrible tasting. The coughing lasted about 12 more days after the 25 days, with it lessening over time.

What was weird about this thing that got me, I had never experienced anything like it before, and the way it impacted my breathing was really weird and very scary. I kept thinking that I was going to die. Because that is the way it felt. My husband dragged me off to one of the Care now urgent care places, and the doctor gave me some medicine, that did not help much, but better than nothing. No insurance is why I did not see a doctor sooner. I am fine now, taking precautions against the current madness, and hope to stay well.
Do you normally have a weakness in your respiratory system? Antioxidants?

Old 03-20-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post

Fascinating. Mine started the same weekend! But, guessing from your profile, you are more likely in Las Vegas than the SF Bay Area. But that matters not. I heard reports from others that something very nasty and very different was going on in other cities as well.

I hadn't been sick in any way for about 4 years. And it had been years before that that I had ever been sick previously. But on or about Saturday, January 18th, I started feeling lousy, then noticed my throat and mouth getting sore in a way that I didn't recall ever experiencing. Began having chills and feeling feverish at times - very cold sensitive. But I never had a high fever....in fact I don't think I felt compelled to take my temperature for a couple of days. When I did, it was only a degree high or a maybe a little more. Then on Monday the 20th it turned into a cold like I had never had anything like....and I got lots of colds when I was younger.

My nose started running like a fire hose. I soaked all my handkerchiefs within the 1st day, then moved to paper towels and went through about 3 rolls before I was done. Couldn't sleep at all that night....and it didn't help any that I had found some old antihistamine capsules in my cupboard and took one. It then occurred to me that I should have checked for possible interactions with my medications first. (This medication ball-and-chain is still fairly new to me and sometimes in my mind I slip back into the seemingly hundred years it was that I laughed at the idea that I'd ever be an old guy worried about his pills ).

Anyway, I did the interaction check and found that the antihistamine had a possible serious issue with one of my drugs. Instant panic attack! Blood pressure through the roof, but I took a diazepam and lived. It wasn't my time.

After a few days, I started to get better very slowly. I continued to fight it until at least mid-February and maybe a little more.

Sounds like your case was much more severe. My fever was never high and I never had significant breathing issues - just the same ones I've had at times for 20 years for reasons wholly unrelated. But like you, I had never had anything like this before. Anything at all like it. It was much more than a typical cold and different than the flu, though I've really had very little experience with flu.

When the Coronavirus reports began hitting the airways frequently, I began to wonder if that is, in fact, what I had. What I had, my neighbors had, and what others I talked to all over town had about the same time.

Now I'm all but certain that it was Coronavirus. And, if so, that means that thousands, perhaps millions nationwide, have had it and didn't know it simply because they were never tested. I don't think it's just coincidence that we had this strange, heretofore unknown serious malady right about the same time that this Coronavirus crisis was developing around the world.

What's hard to understand is why the prominent medical experts seem to be so unaware of this. What seems much more likely is that there is a good reason they're playing dumb.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness