Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2020, 03:22 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
How is "out in public" defined, I wonder?
All businesses open to the general public. The penalties will be placed on businesses that refuse to enforce the mask regulation.

Ordinance 6323

Old 06-17-2020, 03:28 PM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
All businesses open to the general public. The penalties will be placed on businesses that refuse to enforce the mask regulation.

Ordinance 6323
So "out in public" means IN a business and NOT merely walking on the street, in a park, etc.

Old 06-17-2020, 03:52 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
The rules/regulations are different everywhere in the world aren't they. My grandgirl was up in Santa Barbara the other day for lunch with a friend and said hardly a mask to be seen.

And are the Masks the true protector --- someone I don't believe it.

Old 06-17-2020, 03:54 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Restaurants having to close again due to employees getting infected

link

The risk of getting infected by sitting next to an infected person indoors is almost 90 percent versus 12 percent for outdoor seating for the same conditions.

Some fast casual restaurants are requiring patrons be seated in their assigned table during the entire meal with the food being brought by the server to limit the overhang of viral particles to the table with the infected customers. Some of these may have tall partitions to prevent the air conditioning spreading the virus to nearby tables.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:35 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,291,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomii View Post
Oh my, off by just a little eh??

The fatality rate of a sickness is the number who died of it divided by the number of people who were infected with it. The CDC estimates it at about 0.26%, though it is impossible to figure it for certain because we don't know how many people had it but were never diagnosed.

You can also divide the number of people who died of a sickness by the number of "cases." Cases are the known infections. That number would not include the large number of people who had covid-19 but never were tested.

Another statistic people like to put out there is the percent of the population that has died from covid-19. That is the number of people who died of covid-19 divided by the entire population of an area.

The statistic you posted is the percentage of deaths that were attributed to covid-19, pneumonia, or influenza. You find that by adding together all deaths caused by those three things, then dividing that number by the total number of deaths. That statistic, while it may be good for something, doesn't really tell you anything about covid-19. It's saying that of all the people who died, a certain percent of them died either from coronavirus, or from influenza, or from pneumonia, or from some combination of those.

The statistic you were comparing it (Frank's number) was probably the percentage of people in a region who do not die of covid-19. Different statistic. Different numbers. Different meaning.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:30 AM

144 posts, read 81,000 times
I am still not sure that it's not risky anymore even if people are going already to restaurants. I am preferring staying home and not risk my health. However we will have a small party at home in the yard soon (only few people, who really matter) and we decided to order food for the party from a service https://georgesgreek.com/best-cateri...e-in-van-nuys/. I am preferring things like this, it's still like being somewhere but the food comes to you!
I am not going to risk going out to eat, I still need all to finish before going somewhere.

Old 06-26-2020, 01:49 AM

8 posts, read 3,211 times
if you have antibodies to the virus, why not

Old 06-26-2020, 07:14 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnam View Post
if you have antibodies to the virus, why not
No. This is false. Many scientist and health experts say antibodies to the virus do not mean you can't get re-infected. There are several people who have already contracted COVID19 twice.

And health experts warn people who have already been infected, could be much more severely impacted long-term if they are infected again.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:27 PM

2,194 posts, read 1,139,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
No. This is false. Many scientist and health experts say antibodies to the virus do not mean you can't get re-infected. There are several people who have already contracted COVID19 twice.

And health experts warn people who have already been infected, could be much more severely impacted long-term if they are infected again.
In fairness, scientists aren't sure if anyone has "contracted COVID twice." They may have gotten false negative tests. The virus may have been dormant/hibernated. Or maybe they did contract it twice. There's no scientific answer yet for that.

Old 06-27-2020, 03:24 PM

1,348 posts, read 706,461 times
no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness