Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 07:51 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,616,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Actually many doctors do prescribe it for that intended use (at least here in PA). I'm a pharmacist so I see many prescriptions for Xanax to be used as needed for sleep. Many times, what is preventing people from sleeping is that they are anxious that they can't go to sleep (and are worried that they won't be able to get any sleep before they need to be up in the morning), so the root cause is a form of anxiety (at least it was for me and what I have heard from others).

And it can be addicting, but as long as it is used properly it doesn't become that way for everyone. Some people can become addicted to things more easily than others. I have used Xanax off and on for six years now and recently 1/3 to 1/4 of a 0.25mg tablet has been used successfully for trouble sleeping due to restless legs. Now I take ropinirole for that, sometimes with 1/4 of a Trazodone 50mg if I haven't taken it early enough (because it takes like about 2 hours or so for it to start working for me). So I've stopped the Xanax for now.
Re; Xanax. I used it quite awhile back but it gave me a hangover feel. Also, it is hard to know at low dose under 1mg, if it is effective, as I take 6x25mg Benadryl & Melatonin @ 5mg daily, too as adjunct help for sleep.

Also, I've heard primary sleep meds can cause cardiac probs? Dunno if true?? Benzos aren't linked directly to cardiac probs that I know of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness