Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 05:24 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
See a urologist sooner than later

If you don't use it, you lose it!
It has saved me tons of money honey but not buying sex rex. It works when it wants 2 and not when i want it 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoilslick View Post
What was your HDL?
Don't know bro.

Old 12-14-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I'll try to help. I'm probably older than you (Hell, I'm older than any one I know!)

Let's start with breakfast.
Make this up tonight. Go to the store if you have to:
1/2 C steel cut, 30 minute oatmeal. The kind that looks like bird seed.

Honey. Raw honey - not the Sue Bee kind of stuff.

1C Almond milk.
Blueberries.
Banana.
Trail mix - the kind with just nuts; no chocolate and that kind of stuff.

Mix up the Milk, Oatmeal, and 1 Tblspn honey in a container in refrigerate overnight.
In the morning put blueberries, handful of trail mix, and sliced banana in a bowl and add in your oatmeal.

I am telling you, you start eating like this and your life will change! In the first place you will not be very hungry for lunch. In the second place, in about 2 days your bowel habits are going to change for the better - much better. That oatmeal and all that fiber is going to vacuum out the LDL and send it on its way.
Take your medication, eat properly, get some walking exercise and look for some great results!

BOL!
I never have breakfast but on the weekends. So no more bacon and eggs i guess jess. I feel fine as wine and better than i did when i was 25. I always wound up and go for hours and do anything i like. Never took pills in my life or even been to docs the last 30 years. But i knew something was up when the eye doc said he could tell i had high chol.

Old 12-14-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Why are you worried about cholesterol?

Go get a coronary calcium scan which will tell you if you have any blockages and if you have any cardio vascular risk.

Insurance doesn't pay but it only cost me $150.00

I have had high cholesterol my entire life, CAC score, zero.
Nothing is blocked and i don't have Ins.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:14 AM

78,369 posts, read 60,566,039 times
I suck at blood tests whenever they come back my score is always minus zero.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:19 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
1/2 C steel cut, 30 minute oatmeal. The kind that looks like bird seed.

Honey. Raw honey - not the Sue Bee kind of stuff.

1C Almond milk.
Blueberries.
Banana.
Trail mix - the kind with just nuts; no chocolate and that kind of stuff.

Mix up the Milk, Oatmeal, and 1 Tblspn honey in a container in refrigerate overnight.
In the morning put blueberries, handful of trail mix, and sliced banana in a bowl and add in your oatmeal.

I am telling you, you start eating like this and your life will change! In the first place you will not be very hungry for lunch. In the second place, in about 2 days your bowel habits are going to change for the better - much better. That oatmeal and all that fiber is going to vacuum out the LDL and send it on its way.
Take your medication, eat properly, get some walking exercise and look for some great results!

BOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Do you cook the oats first?
No, eat them uncooked. What you are making is a superfood eaten as a cold cereal in the morning. Trail mix nuts provide the protein.

I cannot say enough good things about this breakfast. But I wake up hungry looking forward to breakfast and coffee.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:48 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,145,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Been years since i did any of this stuff. Everything came back perfect but sky high cholestrol, PSA for cancer was zero. So i gotta go on a pill and change what i eat. I live on fried foods and beef. My eye doc said my eyes were perfect a year ago but said i have high cholestrol by looking into some kind of machine. So i figured it was high as everyone in my fam died from heart problems. I also noticed something else was not working as it should, but can't get into that here.

So otherwize i am fine as can be. Gonna be hard to stop eating the way i have all my life. So get it taken care of early than letting it go on until it is too late.
Dunno your age, but a man needs to start looking at these results c. 30s. I'm 53 and started having a standard panel of bloodwork done beginning in July, due to major elective surgery in August (getting ahead of it). Will have that done every three months for awhile. Hadn't had any in years prior. They are a GREAT idea, though.

And yes, as a result my ND has started me on a med and may or may not consider others. It's for my own good, I agree with her conclusions.

Yes again, we do have to make adjustments to our lifestyle at some point. I've made several due to the aforementioned elective surgery, thread(s) elsewhere. Either that, or die young. I'd prefer to live to annoy others until 80 or so, not that I get a "vote" per se but we can do the right things at-least.

Old 12-15-2020, 01:28 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,762,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Nothing is blocked and i don't have Ins.
You wouldn't know if you have a blockage without further testing. Blood work with high cholesterol and cholesterol behind the eyes is indicative of a buildup in the walls of arteries, so at the very least the arteries behind your eyes have a potential for blockage. Blocking and narrowing of arteries behind the eyes can lead to vision loss and blindness.

Research data suggests that folks with cholesterol behind the eyes have a higher risk of heart attack and heart disease.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:19 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,424,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Why are you worried about cholesterol?

Go get a coronary calcium scan which will tell you if you have any blockages and if you have any cardio vascular risk.

Insurance doesn't pay but it only cost me $150.00

I have had high cholesterol my entire life, CAC score, zero.
My dad had a great heart scan. And he died of a heart attack less than a year later. It's a good tool, yes, but not the only thing that should be looked at.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:31 PM

4,253 posts, read 3,173,683 times
The "other" problem you don't want to discuss is often predictive a significant heart issues within a 5 year period! Don't waste time, get you cholesterol act together. By the way, 50% of the people that have heart attacks have good cholesterol levels so low levels are not the end all. There are genetic factors ( you are programmed to a degree) and you also need a reasonable level of exercise. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness