Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2007, 08:44 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
See that is why we need to keep this post going, it is so important to understand how cigarettes keep people wanting more, and how it effects us when we try to give them up.
It is so good to have all the support you can get from family, but like me I have none to support me, so I rely on this forum, they are the best supporters anyone could ask for.
This thread is also a learning tool for those who are trying to quit, what they will be going through when they do decide to quit. Most of all they have us to support them!!!!
I smoked around my daughter, she started complaining about the smoke burning her nose, and I also noticed her backpack smelling like stale cigarettes, even though it was in an area we didn't smoke at.
I made a promise to her that I would try to quit with the start of the New Year, I finished what pack I had opened, and then at midnight when I went to bed I told myself I was done. I kept the one pack that wasn't opened, back, just in case, but I don't need it any more.
For me the first two days were bad and the third got a little better, and today is better yet. It is worth it in the long run. Just hang in their keep reading, and find something you may want to try, what works for some of us may not work for others. If you need help let us know, questions are also welcomed.
I gave my "in case" pack to my husband last night. Since I went a week with no cheating.. I don't need something "in case" anymore. I was proud of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 09:00 AM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
I gave my "in case" pack to my husband last night. Since I went a week with no cheating.. I don't need something "in case" anymore. I was proud of me.
WAY TO GO, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU, I WILL BE GETTING RID OF MINE THIS WEEKEND,
I am sending mine down to Iowa to my stepson, he will smoke them up. I am really suprised that my husband hasn't had a smoke either, he is two days behind me.

GREAT JOB POPROCKNCOKE, YOUR MY HERO!!!! YOU GOT ME STARTED AND I AM GOING TO STAY RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!! LETS GO TEAM!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2007, 09:06 AM

Quote:
WAY TO GO, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU, I WILL BE GETTING RID OF MINE THIS WEEKEND,
I am sending mine down to Iowa to my stepson, he will smoke them up. I am really suprised that my husband hasn't had a smoke either, he is two days behind me.

GREAT JOB POPROCKNCOKE, YOUR MY HERO!!!! YOU GOT ME STARTED AND I AM GOING TO STAY RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!! LETS GO TEAM!!!!!!
ooh, your husband quit, that is awesome!!! Go you!!!

Old 01-08-2007, 09:24 AM

QUOTE=poprocksncoke;258642]ooh, your husband quit, that is awesome!!! Go you!!![/quote]

It is so much easier this way, I think it is because our daughter bet us on who could last, if we give in we have to pay her $100 and then if we keep smoking, she wants the same as what is spent on cigarettes.
It works for me, I need to get some febreeze air fresheners in this house, the smell is getting to me. I would never be able to wash down everything in a day, so that would help until then.
I just hope if he starts back up that he would take it outside, I don't ever want it to stink up my house again. He has a weaker system then I do.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:26 AM

207 posts, read 687,728 times
Just thought you all might enjoy this....it's a quote from none other then MARK TWAIN...

"Quiting smoking is easy...I KNOW, I've done it a thousand times".

Old 01-08-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMuir View Post
Just thought you all might enjoy this....it's a quote from none other then MARK TWAIN...

"Quiting smoking is easy...I KNOW, I've done it a thousand times".
See that does hold true, you have to keep tring until you get it right, even if it takes a thousand times.
11 and one half hours until I hit a weeks time being smoke free!!!!! YEAH FOR ME!!!!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the stale cigarette smell out of your house and anything else that may smell, without having to paint, shampoo, and wash EVERYTHING, you own? Just wondering if their is anything on the market to get me by until spring, here in Minnesota we can't air the house out until the weather warms up enough, to either shampoo carpets, paint, it is hard to do in the winter time here.

I have walls with like wallpaper paneling, how do I clean that with out ruining my walls? If anyone has any I deas in that area please let me know. I think I will start a thread on this to give everyone else out there an idea on what they will be going through if they smoke in the house or car. Thanks everyone!!!!

Old 01-08-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
See that does hold true, you have to keep tring until you get it right, even if it takes a thousand times.
11 and one half hours until I hit a weeks time being smoke free!!!!! YEAH FOR ME!!!!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the stale cigarette smell out of your house and anything else that may smell, without having to paint, shampoo, and wash EVERYTHING, you own? Just wondering if their is anything on the market to get me by until spring, here in Minnesota we can't air the house out until the weather warms up enough, to either shampoo carpets, paint, it is hard to do in the winter time here.

I have walls with like wallpaper paneling, how do I clean that with out ruining my walls? If anyone has any I deas in that area please let me know. I think I will start a thread on this to give everyone else out there an idea on what they will be going through if they smoke in the house or car. Thanks everyone!!!!
Febreeze worked in my car. I also lit a stick of insense and let the whole thing burn in there.

As for carpet, you can try febreeze that.. or get carpet refresher spray. Also put some potporri out and put some in the vaccumm bag to smell nice when you are cleaning.
As for the walls.. the Mr Clean Magic Eraser works awesome to get scratches and stuff off walls. It should work fine for wallpaper I would think

Old 01-08-2007, 11:58 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,513 times
1 hour 37 minutes
Woo Hoo

Old 01-08-2007, 12:12 PM

Thumbs up You Go Girl!!!!!!!

Good Job QBABY, just keep going, one step at a time, you can do it!!!! I am still here for you if you need me. That is 1 hour and 37 minutes that you need to credit yourself for.
WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! I JUST WISH MY HUSBAND WOULD SHUT UP!!!! IT IS HARD TO THINK AND WRITE AT THE SAME TIME WITH HIM INTERUPTING!!!! URRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH.
He does it all the time when I am either on the computer, phone, or doing something for myself, I swear he is worse then a child. How do I do it when he drives me nuts. If I am on the phone he wants it, same for the computer, it never fails. LORD TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!

So anyways, keep up the good work, and take it a minute at a time if you have to, and we are here for you. So don't give up on yourself. I will give you a rep point for trying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
1 hour 37 minutes
Woo Hoo

Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Remember, 'baby' steps, there qbaby!! I will be 4 weeks, tomorrow-still haven't killed anyone [ha...ha] seems to be quite a gathering of people on here trying to give up the habit. What a bunch of QUITTERS 'eh? , Guess that's not always a bad thing!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness