Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 11:13 AM

10,889 posts, read 7,382,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
The words "phone call" appear in this thread many, many times. I would say that using the phone is the source/reason for many (most?) Of the problems and complaints discussed in this thread.

Most physicians have electronic methods of contacting them, most using a system called "my chart". Extremely easy to use, response is usually less than 48 hours (most of my providers respond the next business day), and everything is clear and documented. If my physician or practice didn't have this system, I'd be finding another physician,

Phone calls are frustrating and a waste of time and resources for both sides for these types of communications. (As well as most types of communication for professional or commercial purposes.) Electronic communication is more efficient, more accurate, and provides documentation (which can be helpful for reference or legal purposes.)

No, folks, I'm not a computer geek or teenager. I'm a senior citizen. I can do better things with my time than waiting on hold to get inaccurate or inadequate information.
I mentioned my Patient Portal wasn't working; that means no electronic communication with the doctor. It has finally been fixed after eight emails (to tech services) over three months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 11:29 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
That's quite the hot take. If that's CVS policy, I doubt the employee (or even the store manager) had the option to put the eye drops in the tube. It's akin to places carding senior citizens when they purchase alcohol due to a corporate policy to card "everyone." Even if it is obviously idiotic to card an elderly person attempting to purchase a bottle of wine, for example, it doesn't mean that the employee who does so is incompetent.
I haven't used a pharmacy that has a tube in years. All the pharmacies here did away with the 2nd lane so I don't know if it's a current policy or not to not send liquids through the tube. Back when they did have the 2nd lane open, they sent all medicines through the tube including cough medicines and liquid kids medicines.

Old 01-21-2021, 11:29 AM

433 posts, read 532,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Yes, let's just bash all the health care workers who by the way, are strained beyond belief right now.

I have had issues like the OP, but by fr and wide I have had positive experiences. And now since COVID is touching every area of healthcare - a little bit of understanding goes a long way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaXqXiAgjIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mnuRKDX9W0

YMMV

Old 01-21-2021, 03:56 PM

23,527 posts, read 24,011,889 times
I believe the delays are due to the current Covid crisis. I’ve been experiencing delays at my doctor’s office when getting basic things done. They seem overwhelmed.

Old 01-21-2021, 04:10 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I haven't used a pharmacy that has a tube in years. All the pharmacies here did away with the 2nd lane so I don't know if it's a current policy or not to not send liquids through the tube. Back when they did have the 2nd lane open, they sent all medicines through the tube including cough medicines and liquid kids medicines.
Well, different places are different...and you're going to switch pharmacies because once in a blue moon you have a liquid? No, but it is a pain, I'm sure.

My pharmacy still has a second lane but you use it only to send a prescription through, not to pick up...seems like a huge waste to shut down a second lane that's already built and functional.

Old 01-21-2021, 05:25 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Now that you mention it, in the drive-in pharmacies I've seen lately, they have a single file drive-up, and the medication is put in a little drawer type arrangement between the pharmacy tech and the customer in the car. There's no other option to getting the medication via the drive-in.

I also have an eyedrop prescription, and they're small containers ( 2.5 ml each). But they're in sealed boxes, and put in a bag, so I can't see them getting lost.

Old 01-21-2021, 05:55 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,382,548 times
My drive through pharmacy still has two lanes; the one next to the building has a drawer, the other lane has a tube. Both are easy to use.

Last edited by steiconi; 01-21-2021 at 06:07 PM..

Old 01-23-2021, 07:04 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,900,190 times
"That's quite the hot take. If that's CVS policy, I doubt the employee (or even the store manager) had the option to put the eye drops in the tube. It's akin to places carding senior citizens when they purchase alcohol due to a corporate policy to card "everyone." Even if it is obviously idiotic to card an elderly person attempting to purchase a bottle of wine, for example, it doesn't mean that the employee who does so is incompetent."

I appreciate your comment. But this is an apples / oranges comparison. State liquor laws can shut down an establishment for selling liquor to minors, so it makes sense to make sure that everybody is over 21, even if they look 210, because the downside of failure is potentially going out of business.

Nobody is going to have their business shut down by The State for sending a teaspoon of mostly saline solution in a double-sealed bottle, that is inside a box, that is inside a bag, that is inside a water-resistant container, that is inside of a vacuum tube.

This is just a stupid corporate policy. I'm guessing because there is a CVS owned property, somewhere, that sells something like open drinks, or there has been some other "FAIL" requiring a blanket liquid ban.

I also understand the physics of a vacuum tube system are such that it would draw liquids out of something like an open drink container into the vacuum system and potentially bugger it up. But it has to be an open container. Nobody has ever EVER sold eyedrops in an open container!

Old 01-23-2021, 07:40 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,900,190 times
Need to add, the drive through "window" at the CVS (the one without the "bank tube" is used for COVID testing. (no idea how this works).

So if you need a teaspoon of eye drops, you have to go inside. That was fun on crutches. (Obviously, a different injury than what required the eye drops).

Old 01-24-2021, 02:21 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Well, different places are different...and you're going to switch pharmacies because once in a blue moon you have a liquid? No, but it is a pain, I'm sure.

My pharmacy still has a second lane but you use it only to send a prescription through, not to pick up...seems like a huge waste to shut down a second lane that's already built and functional.
No, I have no issues at my pharmacies because there's no tube. The only drive up lane has a drawer.

Right now they're doing a lot of COVID testing so if I see a few cars I go inside because I've gotten stuck behind 2 to 4 cars all doing COVID testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Now that you mention it, in the drive-in pharmacies I've seen lately, they have a single file drive-up, and the medication is put in a little drawer type arrangement between the pharmacy tech and the customer in the car. There's no other option to getting the medication via the drive-in.

I also have an eyedrop prescription, and they're small containers ( 2.5 ml each). But they're in sealed boxes, and put in a bag, so I can't see them getting lost.

Same at my pharmacies except one that was family owned, no drive through. They don't even have an automated refill system, nor do they text when the prescriptions are done. I'm going to ask the new owner if he's going to add any of that. He's upgraded the cash register.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
"That's quite the hot take. If that's CVS policy, I doubt the employee (or even the store manager) had the option to put the eye drops in the tube. It's akin to places carding senior citizens when they purchase alcohol due to a corporate policy to card "everyone." Even if it is obviously idiotic to card an elderly person attempting to purchase a bottle of wine, for example, it doesn't mean that the employee who does so is incompetent."

I appreciate your comment. But this is an apples / oranges comparison. State liquor laws can shut down an establishment for selling liquor to minors, so it makes sense to make sure that everybody is over 21, even if they look 210, because the downside of failure is potentially going out of business.

Nobody is going to have their business shut down by The State for sending a teaspoon of mostly saline solution in a double-sealed bottle, that is inside a box, that is inside a bag, that is inside a water-resistant container, that is inside of a vacuum tube.

This is just a stupid corporate policy. I'm guessing because there is a CVS owned property, somewhere, that sells something like open drinks, or there has been some other "FAIL" requiring a blanket liquid ban.

I also understand the physics of a vacuum tube system are such that it would draw liquids out of something like an open drink container into the vacuum system and potentially bugger it up. But it has to be an open container. Nobody has ever EVER sold eyedrops in an open container!

But we don't even know if it is an actual policy at CVS or if the person working was being a jack a$$. Others have gotten eye drops and cough meds in the tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
Need to add, the drive through "window" at the CVS (the one without the "bank tube" is used for COVID testing. (no idea how this works).

So if you need a teaspoon of eye drops, you have to go inside. That was fun on crutches. (Obviously, a different injury than what required the eye drops).

That's how it is at our CVS too. The drive through is being used for COVID testing plus prescriptions. It's a royal pain to get a prescription there these days if you go at the wrong time. Between 9 and 10am seems to be before tons of people come to COVID test.

I only recently used CVS for one of my prescriptions because I liked their generic. My daughter is tied to it with her state health insurance. I just got a new Medicare prescription plan, when picking it I did enter CVS as one of my pharmacies because of the one prescription. It's a good thing I did that because it turns out all of my meds will be cheaper using CVS instead of Walgreens, with some there was a $10 to $15 difference in price so I have to move all my meds there except 2 that I fill at the family pharmacy in my doctors office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness