Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 08:19 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,084,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
I wonder how many of the 12,279,180 who have gotten the vaccination in the US so far have died. Anyone?
The rabid way we see almost any criticism of the vaccine attacked, do you think anyone would not be diligently searching for anything else to blame the death of someone that took the vaccines on?

I dont think if there were suspicions, the general public would necessarily know right away. It would be prudent for science to be sure before making any announcement of that sort.

We are not entering the use of the vaccines prudently, but that is to be expected since demand, especially by older populations, is so high.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:28 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,270,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
We are not entering the use of the vaccines prudently, but that is to be expected since demand, especially by older populations, is so high.
I agree. I listen to Dr. Peter Attia's podcast interviews and he had one with the doctor who helped develop the rotavirus vaccine. They said back in December that we were at the point with the COVID vaccine that usually takes 10 years to attain given the normal procedures for drug trials and approvals. We don't have the luxury of 10 years to get this vaccine rolled out. Everyone needs to make an intelligent assessment of risk of COVID (including risk of surviving but with serious lingering health issues) and risk of taking the vaccine.

I'll take the vaccine as soon as I can get it.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
I'll take the vaccine as soon as I can get it.
I have my own issues that have me taking the 'wait and see' approach, but by all means, anyone should do what they feel is best for them.

Id rather my family have no one to blame but me, if I happen to choose wrongly; and no one thank but me, if I happen to choose correctly.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:45 AM

5,714 posts, read 4,294,072 times
Quote:
I have my own issues that have me taking the 'wait and see' approach, but by all means, anyone should do what they feel is best for them.

Id rather my family have no one to blame but me, if I happen to choose wrongly; and no one thank but me, if I happen to choose correctly.

Nobody is going to thank you for not taking the vaccine, because its not going to protect anyone else if you don't and its entirely your choice if you do.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:49 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
I wonder how many of the 12,279,180 who have gotten the vaccination in the US so far have died. Anyone?
As of right now, they have not vaccinated the older group because my son's 88 year old grandmother is waiting to get it.

I believe they're currently working on nursing home patients and I'll be shocked if they'll tell us about any deaths like other countries who are freer to point fingers at medications from other countries. I don't doubt it gives them pleasure to say it's a US company who's vaccine is killing elderly people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm debating whether to send the articles to my son's grandmother who's about 88 now. As far as I know she's pretty healthy, I think she may be diabetic. She can't wait to get the vaccine, told me she would be lining up as soon as her group is called. I wish I knew more about the Norway deaths.
I ended up emailing her the articles as well as SeriousConversation's side effects. Her son in law is a Bayer drug rep so she can discuss it with him to see what he suggests but I would feel bad if I didn't tell her then she gets the vaccine and dies.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:55 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Reality is harsh. Vaccines have an acceptable fatality rate. It is very low, but with millions vaccinating, some deaths are going to happen. Same with any surgery. Death is part of medicine. We just have to with the odds and hope to be in the 95% when the morbidity rate is 5%.

By that same logic, Viruses also have an acceptable fatality rate which is around 1% for Covid. Deaths are going to happen with any virus. Death is a part of life.

Norway has seen 23 deaths out of 250,000 in this group after they were vaccinated.

Anaphylactic reactions to this vaccine are ten times higher then for the flu vaccine.

Old 01-17-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Nobody is going to thank you for not taking the vaccine, because its not going to protect anyone else if you don't and its entirely your choice if you do.
Im tired of this silly argument that a vaccine that YOU take will not protect you if I dont take it. Seriously think about that concept for a few minutes.

You are making it sound like vaccines basicly dont work unless every cancer patient and anyone whose treatments might be compromised arent right there taking it with you.

I can see why so many people question the validity of vaccination at all with this kind of 'logic' being thrown around.

"Since the start of the pandemic, the figure that many epidemiologists have offered has been 60 to 70 percent. That range is still cited by the World Health Organization and is often repeated during discussions of the future course of the disease."

The above sentence would indicate that your COVID vaccination will protect you, while 30 - 40% of the population have not had the vaccine.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 01-17-2021 at 09:14 AM..

Old 01-17-2021, 10:05 AM

5,714 posts, read 4,294,072 times
You need to read what I said until you understand it

Quote:
Im tired of this silly argument that a vaccine that YOU take will not protect you if I dont take it. Seriously think about that concept for a few minutes.

You are making it sound like vaccines basicly dont work unless every cancer patient and anyone whose treatments might be compromised arent right there taking it with you.

I can see why so many people question the validity of vaccination at all with this kind of 'logic' being thrown around.

"Since the start of the pandemic, the figure that many epidemiologists have offered has been 60 to 70 percent. That range is still cited by the World Health Organization and is often repeated during discussions of the future course of the disease."

The above sentence would indicate that your COVID vaccination will protect you, while 30 - 40% of the population have not had the vaccine.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:13 AM

726 posts, read 329,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Anaphylactic reactions to this vaccine are ten times higher then for the flu vaccine.
That's why they make you sit and wait 15 minutes after getting the shot before you leave the facility.

I'm over 70, and I had the good fortune to be notified that the local health district might have extra vaccine since the first priority groups didn't all show up. So I got the Pfizer vaccine. I had no reaction from it whatsoever, not even a sore arm. I don't think I'm 100% immune, even after the second shot, still, it's very much a relief to be "prepped" to combat this nasty coronavirus.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:26 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
By that same logic, Viruses also have an acceptable fatality rate which is around 1% for Covid. Deaths are going to happen with any virus. Death is a part of life.

Norway has seen 23 deaths out of 250,000 in this group after they were vaccinated.

No. False equivalency. Viruses have no acceptable fatality rate. They are diseases and we attempt to cure everybody. But in an attempt to cure disease, there is sometimes a tiny fatality rate, and that is acceptable. The tiny fatality rate of the vaccine is exponentially dwarfed by the number of lives saved. Plus vaccinations get the world economy back in gear.

Please, if you are going to say something, know what you are talking about. Otherwise, say nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.