Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 11:51 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,980,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairmanoftheboard View Post
Fever and nausea are common side effects from anything. They are not reasons for death.

True.

But maybe for the frail terminally ill who are just hanging on by a thread, fever and nausea could push them over the edge.

Old 01-15-2021, 12:16 PM

6,015 posts, read 3,739,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
But maybe for the frail terminally ill who are just hanging on by a thread, fever and nausea could push them over the edge.
Precisely. On average, in the US we have about 2.8 MILLION deaths per year from all causes. It's reasonable to conclude that at any given time, there will be a couple hundred thousand hanging on by a thread, and almost anything could push them over the edge. Of course, that includes coronavirus.

Old 01-15-2021, 09:31 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
13 is nothing. Old and frail people are going to die anyway, and soon. Let's go full steam, vaccinate everyone, and REOPEN THE WORLD.

Old 01-15-2021, 10:31 PM

206 posts, read 184,970 times
Yes i agree with marc

Old 01-16-2021, 08:50 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,653,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I agree with the article that said that if a person is already very old, frail, and terminally ill, a vaccination is not worth it. You're not going to escape whatever is making you terminally ill by getting a Covid vaccine. More likely the side effects will just hasten the end.

A couple of days ago there was an obituary in our local paper which stated that the individual who had died had suffered from advanced Alzheimer's disease for years and was on hospice care (meaning that her life expectancy was at most a few months), but "Covid ended her life prematurely." Maybe Covid in this case was a blessing.
Here in Nevada, if you die of "natural causes" (e.g., not via gunshot wound to the head), and if you've tested positive for Covid in the past 30 days, the Cause of Death is officially recorded as Covid.

This includes the hospice scenario you describe.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:09 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,226,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
13 is nothing. Old and frail people are going to die anyway, and soon. Let's go full steam, vaccinate everyone, and REOPEN THE WORLD.
Agree. My 95 yr old mother got hers a week ago and she didn't even have a sore arm.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:11 AM

14,318 posts, read 11,714,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Here in Nevada, if you die of "natural causes" (e.g., not via gunshot wound to the head), and if you've tested positive for Covid in the past 30 days, the Cause of Death is officially recorded as Covid.

This includes the hospice scenario you describe.
Oh, it would be the same in California. You can be terminally ill and on hospice, but if you get Covid and die, they will definitely say that Covid was the cause and that you would have lived another few days or week without it.

Actually, I don't have a problem with that (I do have a problem with saying that Covid was the cause if someone tested positive but had no/few symptoms and actually did die of something else). What struck me as weird was the implication, in the obituary I quoted, that it was a bad thing that Covid quickly took the life of an advanced Alzheimer's patient on hospice. I can't see that as a bad thing. My mom had Lewy Body dementia and lived for years in a nursing home, unable to move or communicate. All of us would have welcomed a quick respiratory illness that mercifully ended her suffering in a few days.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:49 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
I'm debating whether to send the articles to my son's grandmother who's about 88 now. As far as I know she's pretty healthy, I think she may be diabetic. She can't wait to get the vaccine, told me she would be lining up as soon as her group is called. I wish I knew more about the Norway deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Oh, it would be the same in California. You can be terminally ill and on hospice, but if you get Covid and die, they will definitely say that Covid was the cause and that you would have lived another few days or week without it.

Actually, I don't have a problem with that (I do have a problem with saying that Covid was the cause if someone tested positive but had no/few symptoms and actually did die of something else). What struck me as weird was the implication, in the obituary I quoted, that it was a bad thing that Covid quickly took the life of an advanced Alzheimer's patient on hospice. I can't see that as a bad thing. My mom had Lewy Body dementia and lived for years in a nursing home, unable to move or communicate. All of us would have welcomed a quick respiratory illness that mercifully ended her suffering in a few days.
I can't see that as a bad thing either, maybe they've never seen anyone die. Death sucks as they try to get air into their lungs until they finally stop trying.

I hope my soul sisters husband (late 60's) has a similar result from the vaccine because some how he's managed to not get COVID the few times it's been in his nursing home. He's been thought to die in days about 10 times now in the last 2 years. He has late stage Parkinson's, is in very bad shape, has a DNR, yet they're still going to waste a vaccine on him even with a DNR.

She has a father in Connecticut with dementia, cancer, diabetic and who knows what else. He also has a DNR. Some how he's also managed to not get COVID when it was making the rounds in his nursing home. She was going to find out from her sister whether they were vaccinating him or not. He's easily in his late 80's. In his case the vaccine death would be a blessing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
There's actually a nursing home in New York state which had a coronavirus outbreak and deaths around the time they started vaccinations. It's difficult to know whether the virus was brought in by CVS/Walgreens or an aide worker who tested positive. So far, they are claiming it was not the vaccine. It also wouldn't surprise me if the harsh side effects weakened the elderly patients' ability to fight off minor exposure.

Since one of the side effects of the vaccine is extreme fatigue, it stands to reason that an elderly person with heart failure or a similar condition is going to be at high risk by taking the vaccine.

ADDED: Germany is now investigating deaths.

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...arf-rw.twitter
Thanks so much for the article. In the Germany case, they were probably better off passing away as a result of the vaccine.

Quote:
According to the medical expert, the deceased were aged from 79 to 93, all with antecedent diseases. The time between vaccination and death ranged from several hours to four days.

"Until yesterday we had nine cases; we have to wait for the data from Lower Saxony [about another alleged case], then there will be 10. We are talking about patients in extremely grave condition, with multiple diseases, who were receiving palliative treatment. I have already said that we are studying these cases ... Based on our current data we assume they died from their main diseases, coinciding in time with the vaccination," Keller-Stanislawski said at a press conference.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:01 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,104,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So it's ok if people die from the vaccine?

But NOT ok if they die from COVID?

Pharma-sponsored death = good
Death from illness = bad

Do I have that correct?
I will be waiting for others to beta test as well.

I think everyone agrees death = bad , not sure why he said vaccine everyone, obviously if poor health, I would stay away. Ivermectin, MIR2911 extract, H2O2 therapy, or other alternatives will probably be best.

Ive seen many potential anti-virals posted, just not much follow up.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:34 AM

14,318 posts, read 11,714,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
I think everyone agrees death = bad , not sure why he said vaccine everyone, obviously if poor health, I would stay away.
I think the point of the last few posts is that Death --does not necessarily equal-- Bad.

But I agree with the second half of your sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.