Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2021, 10:32 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Azithromycin is a good anti-bacterial agent. It is NOT an antiviral, and thus useless against coronaviruses.
If it has any benefit, it might be useful for people whose immune systems become overwhelmed by the the virus and thus become susceptible to bacterial co-infections. <Co-infection is just conjecture in my part.>

Recently read a JAMA article reporting several respectable studies showing no positive effects of HCQ, only negative ones, with or without co-administration of Z-packs.

Had it not been for Donald Trump's lunatic ravings about HCQ, nobody without malaria would have ever heard about it.
Azithromycin has an antiviral effect and and anti-inflammatory effect.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/mi/2012/636157/

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/ful...40206620961712
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2021, 10:40 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Staying healthy is the #1 thing to keep from getting sick, via a healthy immune system. Eating is just one part of staying healthy but it's #1 on the list of factors to stay healthy. It's probably the reason one person comes down with covid and someone they live with does not.
I eat a healthy diet. I have taken supplements since I was a kid. I was a runner and played basketball for decades until a torn meniscus slowed me down. I swim laps and lift weights. I'm under no illusion that any of this will stop me from getting Covid-19. I'm waiting on my second vaccine shot.

Old 02-03-2021, 10:46 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I eat a healthy diet. I have taken supplements since I was a kid. I was a runner and played basketball for decades until a torn meniscus slowed me down. I swim laps and lift weights. I'm under no illusion that any of this will stop me from getting Covid-19. I'm waiting on my second vaccine shot.
You're probably better able to stave off the virus than someone with a more compromised immune system.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:09 AM

3,262 posts, read 5,001,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
User name does not check out.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:15 AM

14,308 posts, read 11,697,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Well, a small island off the coast of Britain, Isle of Man, is now nearly covid free because they locked down for 25 days. Everything is now open. No masks. No social distancing. Hug and dance.

They have a population of 83,000, and have done only 7,182 vaccinations so far. Anyone with covid is immediately isolated.

COVID-19: No masks and no social distancing as lockdown ends on the Isle of Man
"We've gone for total elimination rather than living with [the virus]," he said.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...f-man-12205913
I don't understand why this is so impressive. My city alone has 48,000 people, and it is one of the smaller cities in my county, which is one of 58 counties in my state, which is one of 50 states in the country. If the US was a small island of 83,000, we could be completely Covid-free by now too.

Of course, that assumes that everyone would be willing to stay isolated on the island forever, and never allow anyone from the rest of the world in.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:16 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You're probably better able to stave off the virus than someone with a more compromised immune system.
Yes, those are the key words. I also found that that I was more susceptible to colds and sinus infections than most people the more I exercised. So much for strengthening my immune system!

Old 02-03-2021, 11:57 AM

3,437 posts, read 2,407,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I don't understand why this is so impressive. My city alone has 48,000 people, and it is one of the smaller cities in my county, which is one of 58 counties in my state, which is one of 50 states in the country. If the US was a small island of 83,000, we could be completely Covid-free by now too.

Of course, that assumes that everyone would be willing to stay isolated on the island forever, and never allow anyone from the rest of the world in.
I don't think that's what it assumes at all.

I think what it assumes, is that the covid vaccine will be considered mandatory for anyone flying to another country, just like yellow fever vaccine is required to enter Ethiopia if you're from a country with risk of yellow fever, and proof of immunity for other illnesses is required for some other countries.

Eventually, hopefully, you'll be able to get a titer to prove immunity, and not have to be vaccinated (or re-vaccinated if you lost your original documentation).

Old 02-03-2021, 12:12 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

The human body has never seen COVID 19 before. Therefore, there is nothing that the immune system has in it to "stave off the virus."

Old 02-03-2021, 12:48 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,061,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
The human body has never seen COVID 19 before. Therefore, there is nothing that the immune system has in it to "stave off the virus."
People have been infected with this novel coronavirus, then had no symptoms. This = being able to "stave off the virus"...

Old 02-03-2021, 12:52 PM

14,308 posts, read 11,697,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
People have been infected with this novel coronavirus, then had no symptoms. This = being able to "stave off the virus"...
Yes, you have only to look at the staggeringly different array of Covid symptoms (ranging from nothing at all to rapid death, and everything in between) to realize that many people do indeed have an immune system, or something whatever you want to call it, that staves off the virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness