Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 12:50 PM

11,015 posts, read 6,870,183 times

Advertisements

So when I lived in New Mexico the mosquitos and fleas didn't bite me, but bit my friend on whose ranch I was living.

Now in Alabama, the fleas here are FIERCE. I've also heard recently that there are two kinds of fleas: cat fleas and dog fleas.

I feel for the OP because I'm dealing with pinprick bites on my ankles and arms/neck. This happens mostly at night. Could you possibly have chiggers? They have a similar bite, very hard to see (they are tiny and opaque red).

As for ridding the fleas, I just don't know what to do. I canNOT use another fogger. Got sick from it.

Last edited by pathrunner; 06-02-2021 at 01:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 04:46 PM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
This sounds like that episode of 'Big Bang Theory' with the thing in the chair that was picked up off the sidewalk.

No word for many hours since it was trapped in the chair. There's only one possible explanation. I think it may have gotten him/her.

What would be an appropriate entomological eulogy?

Old 06-02-2021, 06:36 PM

1,057 posts, read 547,624 times
This whole scenario OP described cannot be real.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:58 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,474,875 times
call an exorcist

Old 06-03-2021, 05:07 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,474,875 times
Every summer,when I lie on my leather couch to read and watch TV,I am bitten by something I cant see?
I know it is not my imagination and it is not flies,it gets worse as the weather gets warmer.
Finally,I use a handheld vacuum to vacuum the 3 cushions back and front and sides,then the sofa without the cushions,after that,I sprayed insecticide which kills ANTs thoroughly over each cushion and the couch .
Today whatever was biting me,mites,? are gone,I dont feel bitten anymore,so try it

Old 06-03-2021, 07:47 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
We have some carpet beetles too. They look similar to bedbugs but a little different under a magnifying glass...are spotted with small antennae and don't suck blood. When you smash a carpet beetle it will crunch and there will be no smell. A bed bug will just basically disintegrate in your hand (with blood) and there will be a distinctive sweet coriander type smell. Told you I unfortunately know way too much about them lol.

Carpet beetles here...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varied_carpet_beetle

My daughter is dealing with a few types of bugs in her rental. They moved out for 9 weeks, I vac'd, sprayed but she says there's still bugs. No one sees them but her. Then she thought bird or dust mites too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarySFLA View Post
Nope, none of the above. I've caught something. Its trapped in the back of an office chair. I still dont know what it is, but Im about to.

Oh do tell. What did you catch or is there nothing there?

Old 06-03-2021, 08:17 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
OP, I think you're having an allergic reaction to something else besides biting insects.

Old 06-03-2021, 08:18 PM

7,057 posts, read 4,818,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarySFLA View Post
Nope, none of the above. I've caught something. Its trapped in the back of an office chair. I still dont know what it is, but Im about to.
Omg. Please come back with pictures, OP!

Old 06-03-2021, 09:35 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
My daughter is dealing with a few types of bugs in her rental. They moved out for 9 weeks, I vac'd, sprayed but she says there's still bugs. No one sees them but her. Then she thought bird or dust mites too.

Oh do tell. What did you catch or is there nothing there?

What I did over 2 months should have stopped my daughters issue. I've successfully gotten rid of fleas at one time. We also bombed daughters place. Everything was washed and dried or vacuumed and sprayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
OP, I think you're having an allergic reaction to something else besides biting insects.

That's what I said too. OP is probably allergic to their hair or whatever like my daughter and grandson are. To her, the hairs landing on her feel like bites when it's an allergic reaction

Old 06-03-2021, 09:48 PM

61,690 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Bites just on the butt??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness