Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 09:14 PM

16,398 posts, read 8,198,277 times

Advertisements

Ok I'm just putting it out there. Is it common to move your bowels more than once a day? I have been feeling pretty unhealthy lately. I've put on some covid weight, my appetite is out of control, I'm drinking more alcohol than I'd like to be. I just read an article that said you are unhealthily if you only move your bowels once a day. Even at my healthiest, and I've been quite healthy before I only had a bm once a day. The article I read said people often have one after every meal? My kids only seem to have one once a day as well. I mean there could be days that it happened twice but once is pretty common

Enlighten me. Is doing a bm more than once a day common? I just don't think it seems unhealthy if it only happens once
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2021, 09:41 PM

1,147 posts, read 863,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Ok I'm just putting it out there. Is it common to move your bowels more than once a day? I have been feeling pretty unhealthy lately. I've put on some covid weight, my appetite is out of control, I'm drinking more alcohol than I'd like to be. I just read an article that said you are unhealthily if you only move your bowels once a day. Even at my healthiest, and I've been quite healthy before I only had a bm once a day. The article I read said people often have one after every meal? My kids only seem to have one once a day as well. I mean there could be days that it happened twice but once is pretty common

Enlighten me. Is doing a bm more than once a day common? I just don't think it seems unhealthy if it only happens once
I would suggest you stick to reliable medical websites for information. You give no reference as to where to got that info from but a simple google search from most websites including the Cleveland Clinic states,

"Many healthcare providers agree that healthy bowel movement frequency can range from three times a day to three times a week. However, your 'normal' pattern may be different from these numbers."

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...owel-movements

My guess is that most people go just once a day as was your guess but it is no manner shape or form unhealthy if you only go once a day. That makes me question the source or intent of your article.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:59 AM

3,300 posts, read 3,026,852 times
My holistic healer once told me that it is considered healthiest to have a BM after every meal. But I don't, mine are once or twice a day, and I don't think not having three a day is what's going to kill me.

Old 06-04-2021, 04:54 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,426,121 times
My husband does a BM sometimes 3 times a day sometimes more. I go 1 or 2 times a day. Depends on your diet I think and what you are eating.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:31 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
I think if you eat a lot of foods high in fiber, you will have more BMs.

I eat mainly meat, eggs and dairy.........not that much left to poop-out.

Old 06-05-2021, 05:30 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

I agree with you. For me it's barely once per day. I just don't eat that much.

Old 06-05-2021, 06:51 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Isn't it better to worry about what goes IN rather than what comes OUT? Dr Greger of nutritionfacts.org suggests that everyone should crap out at least 200g a day, after that it is down to individual diets and the way our body works(metabolism,etc). That website always has links to scientific published papers so there is proof of what is read on there.

Old 06-08-2021, 04:01 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
I have had bowel problems my whole life. The gastroenterologist tested me for Celiacs. I didn't have it. She told me some people just have slow motility. I have to take magnesium daily or I get backed up.

Old 06-09-2021, 05:30 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I have been feeling pretty unhealthy lately. I've put on some covid weight, my appetite is out of control, I'm drinking more alcohol than I'd like to be.
If I'm not mistaken this has been going on for some time now. Please get some help. A good therapist can help you figure out what's going on in your life that's causing you to binge on food and alcohol.

As far as BMs go, I don't worry about it until it's been four days since the last one. A lot of health information on the Web is just, well, crap.

Old 06-10-2021, 04:15 PM

608 posts, read 516,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

I've been on a carnivore diet for about 5 months now. Any meat, and dairy (mostly eggs). I went through hell for about a month with my bowel movements. I had to carry an extra pair of shorts and underwear in my car. Now days I have 2 bm's a day both within a couple hours from each other in the morning. One will sneak up on me in the afternoon, but not often. They're all quick and easy now. This diet has done wonders for the Arthritis in my lower back, and I've lost 25 lbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness