Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 08:12 PM

10,552 posts, read 7,750,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-23-cases.html

Making day-to-day decisions based on mistakes ... not so good..
It's a bad mistake-assuming it's a mistake. What day to day decisions do you see would be affected by it?

"...Setting aside the question of how the initial estimate was so inaccurate, if CDC’s new estimate of Omicron prevalence is precise then it suggests that a good portion of the current hospitalizations we’re seeing from Covid may still be driven by Delta infections,” former Food and Drug Administration commissioner Scott Gottlieb tweeted on Tuesday. .."

Old 12-29-2021, 09:54 PM

11,460 posts, read 5,989,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme609 View Post
No, its not.
Is there where I say "is too!", and we go back and forth several times until Mommy puts us in our rooms?

Old 12-30-2021, 04:01 AM

16,575 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
I agree that we need more/different data to get the statistics right. But everyone is clamoring for guidance and numbers, and they're doing the best they can. They are also receiving data from local sources, so they have to know what each state did so they can process the data consistently... it's a pain.
You can give them all the benefit of the doubt you want, but many other countries around the world are astonished by Fauci & Co blunders and lack of transparency.
This has been going on since at least 2009;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c2PmErlEzQ

Old 12-30-2021, 05:13 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Quote:
I'd like to see you even try to understand what's involved in an effort like this.
I agree. The world is experiencing something they've never had to deal with before. Scientists and medical experts are learning as they go.

We can't expect them to comprehend and make decisions on all the changing data coming at them in the blink of an eye.

Old 12-30-2021, 07:11 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
The UK Daily Mail is more accurate than anything the US print and TV news media puts out.
That's been my experience, too, especially when it comes to non-celebrity reporting. The only "problems" I've found with their reporting has been some incorrect naming schemes when talking about certain cities or political bodies. For instance, I recall them referring to a member of the House of Representatives as "Senator," but I chalk that up to just being from the UK. And, even then, that's rare for me.

Old 12-30-2021, 07:30 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
It's a bad mistake-assuming it's a mistake. What day to day decisions do you see would be affected by it?

"...Setting aside the question of how the initial estimate was so inaccurate, if CDC’s new estimate of Omicron prevalence is precise then it suggests that a good portion of the current hospitalizations we’re seeing from Covid may still be driven by Delta infections,” former Food and Drug Administration commissioner Scott Gottlieb tweeted on Tuesday. .."
If you are unable to look at the "listen to only the experts" argument with the stunning amount of inaccurate and miscalculated data that the "experts" are basing all of their "evidence based decisions" on, there is no point in having a conversation.

People keep posting 'believe the experts' as if experts are NEVER wrong. They are. A lot.

YMMV.

Old 12-30-2021, 07:53 AM

17,366 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
I'd like to see you even try to understand what's involved in an effort like this.
Their numbers are worthless and completely meaningless if they are 50% off.

Old 12-30-2021, 07:56 AM

17,366 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I agree. The world is experiencing something they've never had to deal with before. Scientists and medical experts are learning as they go.

We can't expect them to comprehend and make decisions on all the changing data coming at them in the blink of an eye.
They have been playing fast and loose with the numbers from the get go.

Public trust in these so called "experts" is at an all time low.

Old 12-30-2021, 10:27 AM

10,552 posts, read 7,750,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If you are unable to look at the "listen to only the experts" argument with the stunning amount of inaccurate and miscalculated data that the "experts" are basing all of their "evidence based decisions" on, there is no point in having a conversation.

People keep posting 'believe the experts' as if experts are NEVER wrong. They are. A lot.

YMMV.
You've got to be able to distinguish between important info that's been collected and analyzed over a period of time from relatively trivial info (estimate) that's recently been worked up. I don't understand how someone could equate the two.

Old 12-30-2021, 10:29 AM

45,356 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
They have been playing fast and loose with the numbers from the get go.

Public trust in these so called "experts" is at an all time low.
Especially now when "follow the science and close down" has been replaced with "minimize disruption, decrease quarantine times and keep the airplanes flying".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness