Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 01:45 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times

Advertisements

I have ...something... on the right side of my abdomen. Not directly under the skin but deeper. Sometimes I can palpate it and it hurts. Sometimes it just hurts a little on its own or it "pulls" when I bend over. It feels like it's oval, perhaps the size of a cherry pit or or a bit larger. It doesn't feel like a lipoma, although maybe it could be a lipoma pressing against a nerve. I don't know.

I've looked at diagrams of the lymphatic system. I don't see any lymph nodes in that area. And before you ask, I have an appointment with my PCP, but not for a week and a half.

Cyst, maybe? I'm guessing we'll want to do an US but at this point it's all guessing. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 03:19 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Based on almost no diagnostic information OP, what sort of help were you hoping to get? The "right side of my abdomen" is pretty vague. It would be speculation at best and could just result in more unnecessary worry. What we can do is wish you good luck with your appointment, so I'll gladly do that!

Last edited by Parnassia; 01-02-2022 at 03:28 PM..

Old 01-02-2022, 03:42 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Yes - good luck! Things like this are usually relatively harmless - I know that doesn't ease your concern though.

And sorry you couldn't get in sooner, but maybe that means you didn't tell them anything that set off HUGE warning bells.

Old 01-02-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yes - good luck! Things like this are usually relatively harmless - I know that doesn't ease your concern though.

And sorry you couldn't get in sooner, but maybe that means you didn't tell them anything that set off HUGE warning bells.

I didn't tell them much of anything, period. It's hard to do when you don't know what you're dealing with...

Old 01-03-2022, 07:22 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I have ...something... on the right side of my abdomen. Not directly under the skin but deeper. Sometimes I can palpate it and it hurts. Sometimes it just hurts a little on its own or it "pulls" when I bend over. It feels like it's oval, perhaps the size of a cherry pit or or a bit larger. It doesn't feel like a lipoma, although maybe it could be a lipoma pressing against a nerve. I don't know.

I've looked at diagrams of the lymphatic system. I don't see any lymph nodes in that area. And before you ask, I have an appointment with my PCP, but not for a week and a half.

Cyst, maybe? I'm guessing we'll want to do an US but at this point it's all guessing. Thanks for any help.

I had a lump like that too and it was a hernia! I waited months to go to the doctor, I was terrified to find out what it was, but when I finally did, he felt it and said "it's a hernia, when do you want to schedule repair?"

Old 01-03-2022, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I had a lump like that too and it was a hernia! I waited months to go to the doctor, I was terrified to find out what it was, but when I finally did, he felt it and said "it's a hernia, when do you want to schedule repair?"
Ha! You always come up with the unexpected. I've never thought much about hernias but I suppose one could be the size of a cherry pit. Winner winner chicken dinner!

Geez, I'm such an idiot I was taking the back seats out of the PT Cruiser yesterday. Oof. I'm gonna lay off the heavy lifting until this gets resolved.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:34 AM

14,316 posts, read 11,708,830 times
Wait, you're now convinced because of a random comment on the internet that your lump is a hernia? This is what gives the internet a bad name.

For heaven's sake, go see a doctor.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Wait, you're now convinced because of a random comment on the internet that your lump is a hernia? This is what gives the internet a bad name.

For heaven's sake, go see a doctor.
I disagree. What gives the Internet (capital I) a bad name is that in their haste to post something, people don't read the previous comments. Geez, it was right there in the OP. "And before you ask, I have an appointment with my PCP, but not for a week and a half."

An internet (small ā€œiā€) is a series of networks owned by two or more organizations (Microsoft and Google, for example) and set up to communicate with each other.
The Internet (big ā€œIā€) is the world wide network comprising of all other networks interconnected and communicating on the open Web. The IP addresses and DNS names are organized and issued by organization designated by the host country. This is what we refer to to when we mean the open, public network that connects the globe.

Last edited by fluffythewondercat; 01-03-2022 at 09:19 AM..

Old 01-03-2022, 09:39 AM

14,316 posts, read 11,708,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I disagree. What gives the Internet (capital I) a bad name is that in their haste to post something, people don't read the previous comments. Geez, it was right there in the OP. "And before you ask, I have an appointment with my PCP, but not for a week and a half."
It wasn't that I hadn't read previous comments, but that you excitedly declared the poster who said it was a hernia the "winner."

Old 01-03-2022, 09:43 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
It wasn't that I hadn't read previous comments, but that you excitedly declared the poster who said it was a hernia the "winner."
I suggested to her that a lump like that might be a hernia, she didn't accept that as a diagnosis Lighten up~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness