Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 08:36 PM

17,571 posts, read 13,344,160 times

Advertisements

I was bald, now I have hair,

Either the vaccines/booster or just the fact that I haven't had a haircut (what's left on sides) for almost two years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 08:45 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
2 friends did...one had Delta... ok now...months later.
No one I know after a vax.

Old 02-28-2022, 03:34 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
While I think it "Can be a side effect" I do not conclude it as a definitive.

Many factors lay in wait for hair loss. Poor diet. Stress. Malnourish. Going thru menopause. Medicines for other ails. many factors can create the perfect storm to make it "seem" like the vaccine was the culprit.

While I don't discount it as a possibility of occurance. I tend to rely on other factors to its cause.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:29 AM

4,606 posts, read 3,298,895 times
The article that was quoted above to substantiate the hair loss theory only talked about the disease, NOT about the vaccine. No article has been quoted here to show that hair loss can occur after a Covid vaccine.

Anecdotal discussions are one thing, but no one should be putting it out that the vaccine causes hair loss unless they can quote a decent article by health experts. We have enough silliness about the vaccines already; we don't need more.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:37 AM

982 posts, read 608,196 times
My hair has been steadily getting thinner these last few months. As far as I know, I did not have COVID but I did get the booster back in November just before Thanksgiving. I sure hope it stops soon!

Old 02-28-2022, 09:41 AM

8,071 posts, read 7,432,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post

Has anyone else had this happen?
Nope. I'm fully vaxxed (Moderna) and not boosted. And I am an Omicron Survivor.

Old 02-28-2022, 09:53 AM

3,122 posts, read 2,066,853 times
Sudden hair loss after vaccination can and has occurred. It's autoimmune --- the immune system attacks hair follicles.

Look up the medical articles on alopecia areata (hair loss) after vaccination. Cases have been reported and studied, but it's not thought to be a common side effect at this time.

Old 02-28-2022, 10:16 AM

6,019 posts, read 2,840,559 times
I just wanted to update the thread. Mine started almost exactly three months to the day after I had the Delta variant. I also had mild Covid Pneumonia.

I believe the stress on my body from fighting Covid caused this. In fact, it's called Telogen Effluvium, which is temporary hair loss a few months from a major stress on the body. I'm only in my late twenties, so I only had about a month of hair loss. It was not in patches, but all over. I found using conditioner cut down on the loss considerably, but did not fully eliminate it.

I have an older family member who is having the same hair loss, and it's three months, almost to the day, of her receiving her booster shot. I really feel for her, as she didn't have much left, to begin with.

I did not put this out here to knock vaccines or booster shots. I was trying to gauge the commonality of this, from an illness or inoculation that we don't have long term data on.

Old 02-28-2022, 10:31 AM

9,124 posts, read 6,174,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
There are a lot of anti-vaxxers who will report to VAERS all kinds of side effects to the vaccine, even if they were never vaccinated. Their purpose is to invalidate the vaccine to the public, and create fear and distrust of the companies that make them and the government that approves them.

Meanwhile - your second reference quote says that three patients already had a history with hair falling out BEFORE they were vaccinated. So it stands to reason that they might experience it again at some point in their lives. The fact that it happened after a vaccine is 100% circumstantial in those three cases, and irrelevant to any argument regarding vaccines and hair.

Are you disagreeing with me? Did you actually read my entire post?

Old 02-28-2022, 11:36 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,145,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I noticed that three months, almost to the day, after I had Covid-19 I had sudden hair loss. It was not in patches, but all over. I'm fairly young, so it stopped after about a month.

But, I have older family members that had hair loss three months after receiving a booster shot. One of them went to their doctor, and the nurse said they've had quite a few patients come in for hair loss after having had Covid-19 or the vaccine/booster shot. I think it's the stress on the body from beating the illness that causes it.

Has anyone else had this happen?
Personally, no side effects from any of Pfizer no. 1 and no. 2, Pfizer booster in January other than a sore arm.

Spoiler
PS:
Alternate question(s): What does CDC indicate? What is the efficacy of 'booster shots'? What is the full range of side effects from each and every strain of the 'Vid, with percentages for each of the vaccine/booster types? Severity of infection with and without each and every iteration of primary and secondary shots...?

If 'the Government' doesn't have that data, they're asleep at the switch and the lot need to be fired. I'd be stunned if they didn't, therefore hypothesize the data's being suppressed for (unknown reasons). My opinion. If the data's out already and I've not seen it, more's the pity I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness