Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 11:20 AM

189 posts, read 795,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by painfulblueeyes View Post
well tomorrow i get my heal lift sneakers lets hope that help me be able to acctually walk. again if anyone goese to pt can you ask what they would do if they had a patiant with my injury whos foot froze on the tip toe my pt has never seen an injury like mine and up here in the woods we have no experts.... i have no dosal flextion at all i can not enen bring my toes up towards me so i need help if you got any all i can do is wiggle foot side to side and wiggle my toes i would love to get this ankle un stuck but i was also told my joint is not working properly so i would love to hear what other pts think about this thank you all

Blueeyes,
Did you get your heal lift shoes? If so, how is that going? I hope you are getting some movement in your ankle and foot. Have you been back to your OS lately, maybe they could send you somewhere else for PT if you are not getting the help you need and are still not improving.

Just try to keep moving your foot as much as you can, side to side and spelling the alphabet with your big toe. Whenever you are sitting with your leg up, watching tv, on the computer, talking on the phone, whatever you are doing move your foot, no matter how small the movements seem, do it all day long. If you can't move it , go back to your OS and be persistant, you have to fight for yourself, as you already know because you have really been through alot.

Goodluck and keep us posted on your progress.

Nanny

Old 06-18-2009, 11:43 AM

83 posts, read 296,308 times
Thank you for the reply Nannyof2.

The appointment today was ok, i had the cast off, and i had the skin staples out which really hurt!!
Ive been fitted with a knee brace and given 30 degrees movement even though i cant manage it as im still very swollen and stiff. Its nice to have some air and the brace is no where near as heavy as the cast.

I was told i MAY have to have another operation if the physios decide my knee isnt strong enough, whenever i start pyhsio. So i may have to have a knee restructure :|

Ive got another follow up appointment in 2 weeks, ive been given a task to do with a towel to pull my toes to point towards me as my achilies tendons have gone stiff. Im so frightened im going to break something by doing that!!

Old 06-18-2009, 12:32 PM

69 posts, read 334,329 times
Newly

I think we have all done that exercise, it will hurt in the begining and then each day it will get better and better. What did you do to your knee ???? I am really worried about my knee in the future, as I have had problems with my left knee for a few years where i kept dislocating my knee cap and then when I did this surgery they removed my knee cap to insert both of rods upper and lower leg and now the dr has told me that I have lots of arthritis in the knee. It is popping and cracking with every step i take and my rom is no where near that of my right leg. I worry about what where to happen if I needed an knee transplant.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:53 PM

41 posts, read 117,060 times
i go to os tuesday i can move it side to side but can not bting foot up

Old 06-18-2009, 03:09 PM
m2y

28 posts, read 117,197 times
Well back from my OS. Am now out of my hot-pink cast and back into walking cast. Everything looks nicely aligned now, no more freaky foot!

Speaking of knees, my OS is concerned about all the scar tissue in my knee (a rod was placed in tib in my 1st sx). The ROM is quite limited (I have been NWB since early April). When I try to bend, the resistance is astounding. It feels like I am going to rip out some ligaments and tear my skin open.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Were you able to eventually regain full ROM? And how badly was the scar tissue build up? And how did you go about increasing the flexibilty. He has told me that I can push through as much as I want without damage but it does make me queasy...

Anyway, happy to be at the next stage at least! I wish I could offer advice to some of the questions posed, but I am still at an early stage & feel I have no answers (yet)

cheers!
M

Old 06-18-2009, 06:38 PM

i'm at 6 monyhs and have no range of motion im very frustrated my foot is stuck on my tip toe so i don't know when the range of motion back

Old 06-19-2009, 03:39 AM

83 posts, read 296,308 times
Greenyes42 - Sounds like youve had a lot more done than i have! Well i was running and my knee gave way which caused my leg to twist and down i went - I broke off my fibula head right next to my knee and tore off the ligament. The Surgeon has said i might have to have another op to reconstruct the knee if it doesnt strengthen. Ive got a metal plate with screws threw my fibula and had the ligaments wired back to the bone.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:40 AM

8 posts, read 35,912 times
The doctor talked with his mentors around the states and felt he did everything right. This time we are not putting any weight on left leg for 5 months. Before his titanium plate broke he was full weight bearing(127lbs) I hope you all the best and keep your faith.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:34 AM

69 posts, read 334,329 times
m2y

I have 3 scars on my knee I was cut straight down the center of knee on the front of leg and one cut on each side of knee. I felt the same way as you my knee was very hard to move after being straight for 8 weeks and i had to work on 2 joints in pt the knee and the ankle. In pt they had me sit in a machine where my leg was strapped in and and bent my leg for me. They also had on a stationary bike it took me months to go all the way around in a circle. I would sit on the bike and pedal as far as could in each direction trying each time to push my knee just a bit further. After months of pt I still do not have the rom i do in my better leg.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:14 AM

nanny i did not get my shoes my insurance is giving them a hard time about it they don't know i would need heal lifts on both shoes well i told them put a high heal on one foot and a flip flop on the other foot and tell me if you can walk i just don't under stand how i got like this and no one else in this thread has had there foot so stuck but if anyone would ask there pt what yhey would do that would help .. i just want to make sure they are doing everything they should to help me ty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness