Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2008, 12:21 PM

709 posts, read 2,181,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel-compound fracture View Post
Sorry to hear that Roger,
Its better to be safe, how do you feel about it?
I as angry at first and depressed for about 2 days. Not in any pain to speak of, I'll just go to the doctor Monday. I'm sure it's only a minor set back.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:50 PM

117 posts, read 699,811 times
Default Chris_uk

Hey Chris how are you?
Are you still in Houston, Texas??
Hows your recovery going???

Nel

Old 04-06-2008, 09:21 AM

Default roger6087

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger6087 View Post
I as angry at first and depressed for about 2 days. Not in any pain to speak of, I'll just go to the doctor Monday. I'm sure it's only a minor set back.

Hi there Roger, thats how I felt after I saw my x-ray, anger took over and then depression, thank goodness it didn't last long...
No pain is GOOD!!!!
keep us posted.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:23 PM

6 posts, read 80,513 times
hey i havent wrote in a while, hope everyone is doing good at this difficult time.
i finally saw a little improvement in my x-rays last week! its been about 5 months now since my injury. so i was happy but still cant bear any weight, they removed my hard cast and put a splint on that i can remove 3 times a day and try to move my stiff little ankle!!!!!!! its really hard and i was in a lot of pain the first day. but its only going on for a week then they are putting it back in a new hard cast probably for a few more months.

i am still supposed to be getting the BONE STIMULATOR, next week i hope, anyone ever used one of these????

has anyone else CRUSHED thier bones like i did? it was also a compound fracture and some of the pieces fell off what was sticking out of my leg, i kept them, its strange to look at my pieces of leg bone...

i hope to start physical therapy by this summer, has anyone else been non-weight bearing for this long (more than 6 months)???

Old 04-07-2008, 08:11 AM

Default cornstarch999

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornstarch999 View Post
hey i havent wrote in a while, hope everyone is doing good at this difficult time.
i finally saw a little improvement in my x-rays last week! its been about 5 months now since my injury. so i was happy but still cant bear any weight, they removed my hard cast and put a splint on that i can remove 3 times a day and try to move my stiff little ankle!!!!!!! its really hard and i was in a lot of pain the first day. but its only going on for a week then they are putting it back in a new hard cast probably for a few more months.

i am still supposed to be getting the BONE STIMULATOR, next week i hope, anyone ever used one of these????

has anyone else CRUSHED thier bones like i did? it was also a compound fracture and some of the pieces fell off what was sticking out of my leg, i kept them, its strange to look at my pieces of leg bone...

i hope to start physical therapy by this summer, has anyone else been non-weight bearing for this long (more than 6 months)???

Oh my goodness you did a number on your leg, sorry to hear its taken longer for your bones to heal.. My tibia took 6 month to heal, I also saw my bone sticking out of my leg, yuk!! Some of us take longer to heal... I have heard of bone stimulator, never used it..
Good luck on your recovery, enjoy the week off without your hard cast on, chin up!!

Nel

Old 04-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Yar

12 posts, read 125,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel-compound fracture View Post
Hi there Yar, very good to hear about your recovery!
Everyday will get even better. Does your job require sitting or standing? Best of luck..

Nel
Everyday is better than the last. My gf keeps telling me that she notices my limp getting smaller and smaller so it must be getting better. Today I went for a half hour walk outside(most snow and ice is now gone) and I was more tired than sore.
Tomorrow I have another appointment with my surgeon to see how its healing. It feels pretty good so we'll see what the doc says.
As for my job, it is a sitting job. I'm a support worker for adults with disabilities so I work at peoples home's and right now I've been placed in homes with light duties so thats really good.
Thanks for your comment!!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:17 AM

4 posts, read 86,463 times
Default Almost a Year ON

Hello everyone,
Its almost now been a year since i broke my leg (Open Compound Fracture), from a horse riding accident!, im happy to tell you i am very well and fit once again i am running 6km every second day and my leg is great!, i am back on my horse and have started competing again, on the weekend i came 1st. Although my leg still however gives me a lil agro like on cold mornings it is very stiff in the ankle and foot area but i slowly stretches out! . With those that had experienced similar accidents i wish you well for the future and hope that ur leg heals the way you would like it to. Always do what the doctors tell you!!1 and have lots of calcuim otherwise arthritous sigh!!!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 07:25 AM

Default Yar

Yar 5 month into your recovery, that is awsome!!
Good luck with your doc's appointment..
Happy healing.

Nel

Old 04-08-2008, 07:31 AM

Default lil_legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_legs View Post
Hello everyone,
Its almost now been a year since i broke my leg (Open Compound Fracture), from a horse riding accident!, im happy to tell you i am very well and fit once again i am running 6km every second day and my leg is great!, i am back on my horse and have started competing again, on the weekend i came 1st. Although my leg still however gives me a lil agro like on cold mornings it is very stiff in the ankle and foot area but i slowly stretches out! . With those that had experienced similar accidents i wish you well for the future and hope that ur leg heals the way you would like it to. Always do what the doctors tell you!!1 and have lots of calcuim otherwise arthritous sigh!!!!!

Congratulatios!!
1st place!
One question, did your os put plate/screws in both tib and fib?

Old 04-09-2008, 12:57 AM

4 posts, read 86,463 times
They put 15 screws into both my fiba and tiba and i have two plates in my leg!, it still rubs a lil wen i walk and exercise and i am looking to have them removed sometime in the future
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.