Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 5,829 times

Advertisements

I feel like I should start with hi my name is dog walker and you should say hi dog walker, I would then have to admit how clean/sober I have been, or just tell you the dumb thing I did to want to find a support group. So here it is: I was out walking my dog less than 2 weeks ago, nice sunny day almost 30 or 40 degrees, and I found the only patch off ice left in my town, and managed to go on a run that day, thinking it was just a wet side walk, I kept running with my dog..... started to slip, and I think I bent my ankle backwards. Laying in front of a elementary school, across the street from my house, called my sister to pick me up. Just thinking it was a sprained ankle, I def heard a pop/crack noise, still in denial I laid on my living room floor popping Ibuprofen like candy. My sister couldn't find the aircast I lent her from my sprained ankle one year ago, so I decided to go to the hospital for the free aircast.... x-rays latter they told me it was a simple break... I would have to wait for their doctor to cast it next week. This happened thursday, called the doctor the next day for my tuesday appointment b/c he had surgery cases monday, they told me I couldn't get in till thursday, thanks, a week later and then get a cast, no thanks, called another doctor! Thankfully, went in for my cast Monday, they needed more x-rays before they would set it, they took off my soft cast made me hobble down the hall on crutches, take x-rays, hobble back down the hall, they decided they needed more x-rays and I had to hobble down the hall again with my leg dangling in the air after it had been supported and "set" by the ER nurse. Not sure where it went wrong, but as soon as the new x-rays came back the doc told me I would have to have surgery to reconnect my bone, plates screws, pins and all. So how did my simple break turn into needed surgery ASAP? I def have nerve damage, I am not sure what is going on with my leg, but it feels like it is falling asleep with this shooting pain down my leg to my toes. I will be going in on thursday for the staples/stitches removal. Oh by the way did I mention I have my big boards for school tomorrow? hey at least if I don't pass I will have plenty of down time to study for them again!! Board out of my mind, and trying to get off of pain meds.
Good luck to all on the recovery process!

Old 03-26-2008, 06:57 AM

6 posts, read 31,219 times
Default nel

thank you for welcoming me. i just wonder if you can give me some insights my doc said that partial weight bearing for 6 weeks but did not tell me whats next im actually doing physio and she said to start walking on one cructh after 2 weeks thats 8 weeks post surgery. you think i need to get hold of my doc? i rememberd he said see you in 8 weeks time youll be walking by then. Im not really sure i just live it to physio to decide what to do. do i need to xray my leg first before the physio can proceed further? really appreciate it.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:48 AM

117 posts, read 699,605 times
Default dog_lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog_lover View Post
I feel like I should start with hi my name is dog walker and you should say hi dog walker, I would then have to admit how clean/sober I have been, or just tell you the dumb thing I did to want to find a support group. So here it is: I was out walking my dog less than 2 weeks ago, nice sunny day almost 30 or 40 degrees, and I found the only patch off ice left in my town, and managed to go on a run that day, thinking it was just a wet side walk, I kept running with my dog..... started to slip, and I think I bent my ankle backwards. Laying in front of a elementary school, across the street from my house, called my sister to pick me up. Just thinking it was a sprained ankle, I def heard a pop/crack noise, still in denial I laid on my living room floor popping Ibuprofen like candy. My sister couldn't find the aircast I lent her from my sprained ankle one year ago, so I decided to go to the hospital for the free aircast.... x-rays latter they told me it was a simple break... I would have to wait for their doctor to cast it next week. This happened thursday, called the doctor the next day for my tuesday appointment b/c he had surgery cases monday, they told me I couldn't get in till thursday, thanks, a week later and then get a cast, no thanks, called another doctor! Thankfully, went in for my cast Monday, they needed more x-rays before they would set it, they took off my soft cast made me hobble down the hall on crutches, take x-rays, hobble back down the hall, they decided they needed more x-rays and I had to hobble down the hall again with my leg dangling in the air after it had been supported and "set" by the ER nurse. Not sure where it went wrong, but as soon as the new x-rays came back the doc told me I would have to have surgery to reconnect my bone, plates screws, pins and all. So how did my simple break turn into needed surgery ASAP? I def have nerve damage, I am not sure what is going on with my leg, but it feels like it is falling asleep with this shooting pain down my leg to my toes. I will be going in on thursday for the staples/stitches removal. Oh by the way did I mention I have my big boards for school tomorrow? hey at least if I don't pass I will have plenty of down time to study for them again!! Board out of my mind, and trying to get off of pain meds.
Good luck to all on the recovery process!

I just read your story, I needed that laugh, the beginning is funny and sweet..
Welcome, you have come to the right place.. I don't know if you read through my story, I joyed this thread not too long ago.. It has kept me from going nuts!!!
My accident was over a year ago, my fib is still not healed, bummer!!
I made an appointment with my family doc for Friday, hope to have x-ray the sameday, have my fingers crossed.
everytime I think about the x-ray my heart starts racing..
Keep in touch.

Nel

Old 03-26-2008, 08:20 AM

Default sgreaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgreaves View Post
thank you for welcoming me. i just wonder if you can give me some insights my doc said that partial weight bearing for 6 weeks but did not tell me whats next im actually doing physio and she said to start walking on one cructh after 2 weeks thats 8 weeks post surgery. you think i need to get hold of my doc? i rememberd he said see you in 8 weeks time youll be walking by then. Im not really sure i just live it to physio to decide what to do. do i need to xray my leg first before the physio can proceed further? really appreciate it.

I started my physio @ 12 weeks, as long as the ortho doc as okayed you than I would go ahead and walk with one cructh. Just try your best to do what the physio tells you, you'll know when to stop! I know dreading the pain, you have to remember its part of fusing your tib bone together, it won't be easy..
in regards to contacting your doc, that is totally up to you!

hope this was helpfull!

Nel

Old 03-26-2008, 10:00 PM

Default roger6087

Hey roger, how is your leg??

Old 03-27-2008, 12:40 AM

709 posts, read 2,181,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nel-compound fracture View Post
Hey roger, how is your leg??
I got the Ilizarov off Tuesday 03/25. Now I'm in a cast for 4 to 6 weeks. Doc wants me to start walking without my crutches, he said I could use a cane if I wanted to. I walked some today, I may need the cane, my leg is hurting. I am making progress.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:05 AM

Default roger6087

Thats nice to hear!
I bet if feels different,
Is your leg healed? Hopefully the worst is over.

keep in touch

Old 03-27-2008, 09:04 AM

7 posts, read 52,209 times
hi people iam kinda need some advice from you , coz it looks like your so much involved in break of tibia and fibula fractured i was playing football 11-12-2007 and suddenly some one get over my leg i saw the bones in my leg separets to two , i went to hospital them by ampulace , after that i made a seurgury 4 days after that , and i was just asking how much time its gonna take to full recover and now i see bone appers but so slow , and sorry about my english

Old 03-27-2008, 09:32 AM

7 posts, read 52,209 times
ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00004gk8.jpg this on the day it breaks
and this one after the operation by two days ImageShack - Hosting :: dsc00005bi4.jpg
and this one is two days ago >
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1883/dsc00001qw0.jpg

Old 03-27-2008, 09:37 AM

Default gemy2312

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy2312 View Post
hi people iam kinda need some advice from you , coz it looks like your so much involved in break of tibia and fibula fractured i was playing football 11-12-2007 and suddenly some one get over my leg i saw the bones in my leg separets to two , i went to hospital them by ampulace , after that i made a seurgury 4 days after that , and i was just asking how much time its gonna take to full recover and now i see bone appers but so slow , and sorry about my english

Hi there welcome!
It may take 6 month to a year for full recovery, it also depends on your age.. My break too 6 month to heal. Healing takes time, be patient.
Make sure you take calcium and vitamin D & C. We are here to support you!

Nel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.