Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 09:14 AM

9 posts, read 60,591 times

Advertisements

i'm in my 4th week now. the swelling in my leg is all but gone, but i'm still getting a lot of swelling in my foot. How long have people waited for this to do down to the point when it's not purple anymore? Weeks? Months?

Old 03-20-2008, 11:41 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,528 times
I broke me ankle back in 05. I fell down my stairs...duh ! I had a trimalleolar fracture, had to have the surgery, and couldn't walk for about 3 months. Worst time of my life.
I have 10 titanium screws in my ankle...yuck ! My Doctor told me that I should have them taken out, soon, but I really don't want to go through anymore surgeries, so I think I'll leave it alone.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 PM

117 posts, read 699,503 times
Default Hi there tkdmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I broke me ankle back in 05. I fell down my stairs...duh ! I had a trimalleolar fracture, had to have the surgery, and couldn't walk for about 3 months. Worst time of my life.
I have 10 titanium screws in my ankle...yuck ! My Doctor told me that I should have them taken out, soon, but I really don't want to go through anymore surgeries, so I think I'll leave it alone.

Sorry to hear, now does your ankle ever bother you?
I know how you feel about not wanting to go through
with the surgery..

Nel

Old 03-21-2008, 05:30 PM

4 posts, read 21,992 times
happy easter everyone,
i have been walking (well, actually hobble/walk/shuffle) for three days now (7 1/2 wks since break) and have just about ditched the wheelchair. i can get around the main floor of my house, but have yet to tackle the stairs. have some discomfort around the screws, but nothing around the break. however, i have pinpricks in the bottom of my heel and my foot feels like i have a tight band around the ball of my foot. is this normal? thanks.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:30 PM

34 posts, read 328,881 times
has anyone had bone graft surgery on the tibia where they take the bone from your hip? I had bone graft surgery five months ago, but it didn't take. they used artificial bone. Now they want to do it again with bone from my hip. any comments welcomed.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:35 PM

7 posts, read 54,278 times
Hello cannon81,

I had bone graf done where they go in through the upper hip. then they ream the inside of the femur bone for bone marrow which is added to synthetic enzimes(i think?) My procedure was done on December 5, 2007 i am now walking with a limp but, no more wheel chair,walker or crutches...

My hip hurt for about 10 days and feels really good now. The surgeon did not recommend shaving the hip bone due to possible problems later on in life with hip. I take more x-rays 3/24/08 to see how well the graf has taken. Its been a long 6 months for me im real happy to be standing erect.

take care

Old 03-23-2008, 06:43 AM

Default Cannon 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON 81 View Post
has anyone had bone graft surgery on the tibia where they take the bone from your hip? I had bone graft surgery five months ago, but it didn't take. they used artificial bone. Now they want to do it again with bone from my hip. any comments welcomed.

Sorry to hear Cannon, are you in any pain?
Is your tib showing new bone growth though??

Nel

Old 03-23-2008, 06:51 AM

Default dog walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog walker View Post
happy easter everyone,
i have been walking (well, actually hobble/walk/shuffle) for three days now (7 1/2 wks since break) and have just about ditched the wheelchair. i can get around the main floor of my house, but have yet to tackle the stairs. have some discomfort around the screws, but nothing around the break. however, i have pinpricks in the bottom of my heel and my foot feels like i have a tight band around the ball of my foot. is this normal? thanks.

Hi there dog walker, yes it is normal.
Remember it won't go away anytime soon, it'll
get better everyday though, it'll just be a memory.
By break was over a year, still I have to tell myself
to walk normal....

Nel

Old 03-23-2008, 07:03 AM

Default Hey everyone

For those of you who have had a knee surgery, my husband was
in a snow moblie accident in 2004, to this day walks with a limp
at times, he still never did get the screws removed, and yes they
are loosing up... He has good days and bad days..
I was born and raised in Baffin Island, in Iqaluit, Nunavut so I love the
out doors... My dad came to visit me for two weeks and reminded me,
I had broken my ancle in elementary school, oh my that brought back
painful memeries, yuk!!!

Nel

Old 03-23-2008, 09:09 AM

34 posts, read 328,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2rehab View Post
Hello cannon81,

I had bone graf done where they go in through the upper hip. then they ream the inside of the femur bone for bone marrow which is added to synthetic enzimes(i think?) My procedure was done on December 5, 2007 i am now walking with a limp but, no more wheel chair,walker or crutches...

My hip hurt for about 10 days and feels really good now. The surgeon did not recommend shaving the hip bone due to possible problems later on in life with hip. I take more x-rays 3/24/08 to see how well the graf has taken. Its been a long 6 months for me im real happy to be standing erect.

take care
Hi n2rehab-- My doc is going to scrape the edge of the hip. Was it hard for you to sit, or walk on a walker after you got home from the hospital? Also, was it hard to sleep? I was worried that with two surgerys at the same time would make it very hard to get up and down at home. I'm just so tired of this, I was walking for two months before I had an exray that showed the hardware had moved down about two inches. I kept calling my doc about the pain I was in, but they would just say that it was normal. Thank you for your information. Talking to all you on this forum has helped with my sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness