Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 07:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Scratched cornea, maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 05:23 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,113,548 times
I am going to guess you do not have insurance, or at least the kind that would cover eye care.

That said, are you actually putting sharp items near your eyes, trying to cut eye lashes/ ETC.
KEEP doing that and pretty soon you won't notice the irritant. You will have poked your eye out, blind yourself.

It's time for you to get over yourself and see a professional. There are ways to have "free" care from an eye doctor, look into it.

Your eyesight is NOTHING TO FOOL AROUND WITH OR BE STUPID ABOUT.

I'm sure you might think I am a terrible person. But take this eye care thing seriously. It really doesn't matter if you don't like me.

Old 06-25-2022, 05:53 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
I had a feeling there was something stuck in my left eye for over a year. It didn't hurt or bother my vision, but I found I was rubbing the eye all the time unconsciously, and that was irritating it, I went to an eye doctor, an optical surgeon I had once seen for a different problem over 20 years before.

It turned out to be a tiny water blister that formed on top of the eye duct.
My doctor said they form sometimes when a particle of dirt plugs the drainage duct. The tears can't drain, so they collect and form the blister. (There are two different ducts- one waters the eye, and the other is a drain that connects to the sinuses.)

He said it wasn't serious and wouldn't cause any trouble, but he could puncture the blister so it would drain if I wanted. The doc said it could come back, but I wanted it so I would quit rubbing my eye all the time.

He popped it with an amazingly fine needle he uses for eye surgery, after applying a bit of topical anesthetic. I never felt a thing, and the feeling went away and hasn't returned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness