Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 09:30 AM

708 posts, read 1,296,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I have arthritis pain in my right foot. It is so bad that I get very little sleep. I have chronic kidney disease so I can't take Nsaids. Tylenol does nothing. I use Diclofenac Sodium gel 3% and it helps for a couple hours. I have tried cannabis gummies and they do nothing. Dr. has tried hydrocodone, oxycodone and tramadol and all they do is make me sick. Has anyone had any luck with any other pain reliever?

The two threads by this poster on this topic are now merged.
I've had over 50 operations due to arthritis. If you have bone on bone pain due to loss of cartilage like mine, the only thing to do is get an operation. All of my operations have been successful in relieving the awful pain. Yes it takes months to heal and I do take a lot of oxys, but if I had to do it all over I wouldn't change anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2023, 06:57 AM

5,714 posts, read 4,291,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
I've had over 50 operations due to arthritis. If you have bone on bone pain due to loss of cartilage like mine, the only thing to do is get an operation. All of my operations have been successful in relieving the awful pain. Yes it takes months to heal and I do take a lot of oxys, but if I had to do it all over I wouldn't change anything

50 operations for arthritis? What kinds of operations?

Old 06-23-2023, 09:23 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
what about Lubricant shots or is that only for knees and hips. Have you tried Blue emu? What about Osteo Bi-flex.

Old 06-23-2023, 10:15 AM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times
Quote:
Never heard of operations for arthritis. Did you mean, for example, cortisone or steroid injections?

Old 06-23-2023, 11:15 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Agreed!

I don't know any doctor that will give steroid injections in the same joint, at one month intervals. Every doctor knows that too much can cause thinning of cartilage, and they usually limit it to 3 or 4 times PER YEAR in any one joint. If there really is such a place, a complaint is in order. If not more.
I agree, I've had steroid injections in my back twice, each time they told me they can only give 3 injections, and each time there was no improvement until the third injection and each time it felt like they were injecting molten lava into my leg dang did it ever hurt when I complained the doc said "oh sorry it's a real hot nerve" whatever that means

Old 06-23-2023, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Never heard of operations for arthritis. Did you mean, for example, cortisone or steroid injections?
I've had a few operations for the results of arthritis but nowhere near 50. I had arthritis in my metatarsal joint on my hand. The doctor pulled a piece of tendon from my forearm, cleaned out the joint and put the rolled up tendon in the joint. That was probably 30 years ago but it still feels great. I also had to have a disc removed from my neck C6-C7 it was compressing a nerve causing paralysis of my arm. That was a long time ago too but I haven't had a problem since.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I have psoriatic arthritis, and went gluten free for 3 years, it did nothing, but can't hurt to try. I also tried juicing (mainly veggies) 2 meals a day for a couple months... nothing except I now cannot stand juices. I also tried tons of probiotics/prebiotics.... again nothing.

You should probably try lyrica and other similar type Rx, I had tons of nerve problems (burning, etc.) and fibromyalgia when it first started and lyrica helped a lot, and I was eventually able to come off of it. I think lyrica was the 3rd in the drug class that I had to try to find the right one.

Gabapentin would also probably be an option for you.

It actually took awhile for my doctor and I to realize my pain wasn't from the arthritis itself, which was super bad until biologics got it under control. Apparently FM and neuropathy is common when you get psoriatic RA. Good luck, I know it sucks.
How were you diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis? I've had arthritis for decades but now I suddenly have psoriatic lesions near the places where I have joint pain. I asked my doctor and he didn't have a clue, he made an appt. in dermatology for September /sigh. I have the HLAb27 gene which from what I understand is common in people with psoriatic arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis.

Old 06-23-2023, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
50 operations for arthritis? What kinds of operations?
All of my operations are the result of degenerative arthritis, whereby all the cartilage in between my joints have disappeared, leaving me with bone on bone pain My operations were to fuse the joints together leaving me mostly pain free, however in a few cases in the mobility has been affected. Steroid shots are a joke for my condition, If a steroid shot lasts for days you most likely dont need surgery, however in my case when i've gotten a shot it only lasted for a few hours

Old 06-23-2023, 03:11 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times
Quote:
All of my operations are the result of degenerative arthritis, whereby all the cartilage in between my joints have disappeared, leaving me with bone on bone pain My operations were to fuse the joints together leaving me mostly pain free, however in a few cases in the mobility has been affected. Steroid shots are a joke for my condition, If a steroid shot lasts for days you most likely dont need surgery, however in my case when i've gotten a shot it only lasted for a few hours
I've had the same procedure, it's not an operation, which is called Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA for short). This medical procedure usually lasts 1-3 years and then needs to be redone.
Lumbar radiofrequency ablation (RFA) is a procedure used to treat facet joint pain in your lower back. Facet joints are found at the back of each vertebra. A needle electrode is used to send electrical currents to the nerves in your facet joint. The electrical currents create heat that damages the nerve so it cannot send pain signals.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=rfa+ab...e6b6e88587d269

An operation would be when they cut you open, a surgery technique.

Old 06-23-2023, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I've had the same procedure, it's not an operation, which is called Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA for short). This medical procedure usually lasts 1-3 years and then needs to be redone.
Lumbar radiofrequency ablation (RFA) is a procedure used to treat facet joint pain in your lower back. Facet joints are found at the back of each vertebra. A needle electrode is used to send electrical currents to the nerves in your facet joint. The electrical currents create heat that damages the nerve so it cannot send pain signals.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=rfa+ab...e6b6e88587d269

An operation would be when they cut you open, a surgery technique.
All of my OPERATIONS have been under anesthesia and I was cut open. I have no idea what you are talking about. I've had operations basically everywhere that you have joints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness