Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2023, 05:00 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yes, instead of lugging tote bags full of groceries (they banned plastic bags, which is something I agree with) I can buy a paper bag for ten cents. It's much easier to hold a paper bag in front of you than to drag a heavy tote. My physical therapist neighbor suggested this.

I also started physical therapy for my knee and it works wonders. They have you strengthening the muscles around the knee so the muscles do the work and it doesn't strain your knee. Now for my wrist--they want me to see a hand surgeon! Decision is to get hand surgery or maybe ask the PT for wrist exercises.
I mentioned this earlier, but I had surgery on the metatarsal joint in my right hand. It was so painful that I had no choice, if I rolled over on it in my sleep I would wake up in so much pain I couldn't fall back asleep. The surgery was easy, the recovery wasn't painful but it took a long time for weeks my hand felt numb but at least it didn't hurt. After about 2 months my hand was pain-free and I had 100% use of it because the doctor didn't fuse it. And that was like 30-40 years ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2023, 08:44 AM

1,199 posts, read 617,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yes, instead of lugging tote bags full of groceries (they banned plastic bags, which is something I agree with) I can buy a paper bag for ten cents. It's much easier to hold a paper bag in front of you than to drag a heavy tote. My physical therapist neighbor suggested this.

I also started physical therapy for my knee and it works wonders. They have you strengthening the muscles around the knee so the muscles do the work and it doesn't strain your knee. Now for my wrist--they want me to see a hand surgeon! Decision is to get hand surgery or maybe ask the PT for wrist exercises.
Yes, plastic bags have been banned for a long time now. Years ago I bought small canvas totes so not a lot can fit, just enough without being heavy.

That's great that the physical therapy is working for you. My doctor told me that if the pain didn't ease then he was going to send me to get imaging done but to my amazement (and it's probably a coincidence), the pain in my knees are 80% better since I have been drinking the collagen powder. I find it hard to believe it's the collagen that is making me feel better but time will tell. If it is, well, I would be just shocked.

Old 06-25-2023, 12:14 PM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I've had the same procedure, it's not an operation, which is called Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA for short). This medical procedure usually lasts 1-3 years and then needs to be redone.
Lumbar radiofrequency ablation (RFA) is a procedure used to treat facet joint pain in your lower back. Facet joints are found at the back of each vertebra. A needle electrode is used to send electrical currents to the nerves in your facet joint. The electrical currents create heat that damages the nerve so it cannot send pain signals.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=rfa+ab...e6b6e88587d269

An operation would be when they cut you open, a surgery technique.

RFA is for nerves and nerves alone, it does nothing to joints so its completely different from what the person you responded to had done. I've had 2 RFA's of my knee, the first one helped a decent amount but months of physical therapy did more for me than either of them.

Old 07-14-2023, 02:19 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Have you tried steroid injections? Not sure if you can do that with CKD. Also "right foot" covers a lot of ground, do you know exactly where the pain is coming from?
I was told that I could only be given two of these jabs over one year and no more..

Old 07-14-2023, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Ibuprofen 600 mg in the morning 400 before I go to bed
doesnt help my hip leg and hands pain

Old 07-14-2023, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Don't laugh but I find a heating pad to provide more relief than anything else
i use a hot water bottle on my knees and hip while waiting for an operation for a hip replacement... it started with my hip only then went to my groin now my legs and hands and arm...

Old 07-17-2023, 05:49 AM

1,199 posts, read 617,892 times
It's been close to a month that I have been drinking collagen peptides in my tea every morning and since I started I no longer have pain in my knees, my lower back, my wrists, etc. I still find it hard to believe that something so simple would take all my pain away. I did some research as from what I read the older we get the more collagen we lose.

Just found this interesting and I'm one happy person!

Old 07-17-2023, 06:17 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,458,867 times
A friend suggested Moringa. Believe it or not it works for inflammation, and my back pain has lessened dramatically. You have to give it 3 weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/Moringa-Oleif...pc%2C95&sr=1-4

Information on Moringa (this is about RA, since I am at work, can't do a ton of searching), but look it up and read about it:
https://naomedical.com/blog/moringa-...sks-treatment/

Worse case scenario is that it does not work and you get a lot of vitamins and anti oxidants, but give it a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness