Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2023, 12:42 PM

1,230 posts, read 988,568 times

Advertisements

When I have dreams I get very little image quality it been like that my entire life. I just read on the internet that other people dream with more detail and images.

I suffer from borderline Aphantasia where I struggle, but dreaming is other part and nothing to do with Aphantasia.

I will like to know if others here when they dream if they get very little image quality and when they do get very little image quality if it is very small focus area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2023, 03:37 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
My dream images are not clear images.

Beginning when I was about 25yo, nearly all of my dreams are sexual. Not of any particular female, more like a faceless female body.

Old 03-19-2023, 05:24 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Mine are clear with true colors.

Old 03-19-2023, 06:09 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
Mine are little snippets of memories, or mini-adventures. In color and sometimes very vivid.

Old 03-19-2023, 08:03 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Visual quality is good, average. I don't remember most of my dreams. Unfortunately I remember the sleep paralysis hallucinations all too well.

Old 03-20-2023, 11:52 PM

4,410 posts, read 4,893,246 times
My dreams are never the same. One dream might just be concepts with very little imagery. Others look, sound, and feel more real than being awake. Dreaming is only part of the equation. What we remember from the dream is probably a bigger part of the equation.

There are supplements and mental exercises one can do to better remember and/or control their dreams.

Old 03-22-2023, 08:51 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
They say that keeping a dream diary is the best way to start remembering and taking notice of your dreams. As soon as you wake up, record as much as you can remember and if you wake up in the middle of the night, then do it at that time - not wait until morning (however sure you are that you will remember it then).

Old 03-27-2023, 08:34 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
When I have dreams I get very little image quality it been like that my entire life. I just read on the internet that other people dream with more detail and images.

I suffer from borderline Aphantasia where I struggle, but dreaming is other part and nothing to do with Aphantasia.

I will like to know if others here when they dream if they get very little image quality and when they do get very little image quality if it is very small focus area?
It sounds sort of related to me. I've had very colorful dreams where the color was important, like a rainbow. Nearly all of my dreams are in color. I very clearly see people and objects. I've had some black, grey, white dreams about power outages and thunderstorms.

Old 03-27-2023, 09:11 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,398,417 times
I am a “dreamer.” I dream every time I sleep, whether a 30 minute nap or all night. I have always been able to start a very entertaining episode of some sort and can get up in the middle of the night and restart the same dream when I go back to sleep. I dream very real things and not always pleasurable. Occasionally, there is the very disturbing “nightmare.” I dream of living people and dead, but I always seem to know they have died and find it confusing they are alive in my dreams.

On a little different note, I have always been able to escape and entertain myself with daydreaming too.

As for quality of images and detail, it seems to be good to very good most of the time. I do have occasional dreams that seem to be foggy and those are not enjoyable. They usually border on scary situations. ( I have never talked with anyone that dreams like I do, I just assume it is not very normal)

Old 03-28-2023, 11:10 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
I dream almost everytime I sleep, its like an adventure everynight and enjoy all dreams equally. I always intend to start a log but then I always seem to forget to do so, unfortunately. Ive had reoccurring dreams, ive started dreams and then finished them at other times, I hang out with people I havent seen in years, Im still in relationships with ex girlfirends from 20 years ago, I talk to family members that have passed away, etc.. its one of the reasons I enjoy going to bed at night.

My wife on the other hand rarely dreams and when she does, absolutely hates the experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness