Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2023, 08:46 AM

55 posts, read 146,052 times

Advertisements

Good morning,
Hopefully someone here can give me some ideas.

I have been using Ciclopirox for about 6 months with no results. About 4 months ago I added 3% coal tar as well as 3% Salicylic Acid (Both are from MG217). I alternate between the 3 with no results. I have recently begun applying Ketoconazol cream after my shower.

This is mainly under my beard around the jawline and inside my ears.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2023, 09:10 AM

7,255 posts, read 5,126,001 times
Seborrheic dermatis is usually confined to the oily areas of the nose/forhead/scalp...Your case seems to be more like Tinea Barbae https://duckduckgo.com/?t=avast&q=tinea+barbae&ia=web

Try Selsun Blue shampoo-- Lather the affected area with it after your usual daily ablutions, then rinse it off, but not too well. It's an anti-fungal and you want some rsidue to remain on the skin & beard...If you have a beard (as opposd to clean shaven), it's hard to get creams & lotion in to where they're needed.

Another possibility, given the involvement in and behind you ears, is psoriasis-- or maybe a contact dermatitis from ear buds/wires/chin straps or laundry products on shirt collars/ties, or after shave, etc?

Have you seen a dermatologist, or a PCP who just stares at his computer screen?

Old 03-30-2023, 09:48 AM

55 posts, read 146,052 times
Thanks for that, I will try the Selsun Blue. Yes, a Dermatologist diagnosed me. I have the red nose cheek area as well, but it only itches in my beard and ears..

Old 03-31-2023, 03:34 AM

7,255 posts, read 5,126,001 times
Seborrhea and tinea are both very common--You could have both. The Selsun is cheap & easy and worth a try-- repeat it as needed if it works....People who have either don't usually get a "cure" but require repeated treatments when they act up.

Old 03-31-2023, 06:33 AM

547 posts, read 328,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopdeville1 View Post
Good morning,
Hopefully someone here can give me some ideas.

I have been using Ciclopirox for about 6 months with no results. About 4 months ago I added 3% coal tar as well as 3% Salicylic Acid (Both are from MG217). I alternate between the 3 with no results. I have recently begun applying Ketoconazol cream after my shower.

This is mainly under my beard around the jawline and inside my ears.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

sounds like big medical has failed you. you are in good company. take a look at this for possible solutions.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8533290/

Microbiome Modulation as a Therapeutic Approach in Chronic Skin Diseases

Old 03-31-2023, 06:13 PM

2,136 posts, read 1,206,120 times
I am so sorry I clicked this thread. Excuse me while I go wash my hands and disinfect my mouse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness