Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 10:06 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,104,726 times

Advertisements

As was stated above, have you discussed this with your doctor? If so, have you seen a dermatologist about this problem? If you have seen an MD and a dermatologist, I would suggest an MD that specializes in natural/homeopathic medicine. I have seen one for other problems and he was very helpful. He was an MD who had practiced regular medicine for years, but decided to concentrate on natural remedies. Unfortunately, he is now retired.

I recently tried a new deodorant that tries a different approach. The name is "Lume". Google it and you can buy it online. It works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2023, 05:23 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Also, when I quit smoking, my sweat smelled like nicotine, so I'm not sure it's ONLY bacteria that causes bad odor.
I even had gunk in my mucous membranes in my nose (don't mean to be gross, but the body will get rid of 'gunk' however it can and skin is the largest 'organ' in the body, eh?)

Old 05-02-2023, 05:57 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,152,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Also, when I quit smoking, my sweat smelled like nicotine, so I'm not sure it's ONLY bacteria that causes bad odor.
I even had gunk in my mucous membranes in my nose (don't mean to be gross, but the body will get rid of 'gunk' however it can and skin is the largest 'organ' in the body, eh?)
Most definitely.

Old 05-02-2023, 08:02 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Well, that's weird, because the odor arises from bacteria on the skin, and right after you shower, there shouldn't be any! Could you be imagining or exaggerating it? Has anyone else corroborated that you smell bad fresh out of the shower??? This could be a delusion in conjunction with your depression and anxiety or even some form of body dysmorphia.
True, based on the tone of the OP, it might be OCD more than BO.

Old 05-02-2023, 08:10 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
True, based on the tone of the OP, it might be OCD more than BO.
FWIW, I have to use specific soaps to remove the underarm odor. If I just use body wash, I find that the odor is still there. I tend to have to use something in a bar to really get rid of the odor. I am not sure what the OP is using, but it could be a similar issue.

Old 05-02-2023, 08:16 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
If OP is that concerned about body odor, I assume he's not using just body wash, but a deodorant bar soap (there are plenty on the market). I would first confirm that it's not just OP's imagination by asking for confirmation before going to see a doctor about it...

Last edited by otterhere; 05-02-2023 at 08:26 AM..

Old 05-02-2023, 10:42 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceJordan13 View Post
Can someone please me with this persistent odor problem I have been having.? I have been dealing with this for about 2 years now, and it severely affects my self-confidence and causes depression. When I wash my armpits, I wash them well, all around up; down to the side, let them soak for 30 seconds,3x rinse, and repeat. Then i dry up and apply a strong deodorant. However, my armpits still smell right after coming out of the shower they smell severe kind of like I haven't showered in days. I have a Clean bill of health. I have always been an anxious and stressed person. This doesn't make sense why is this happening? can someone please explain this madness?
See a doctor.

Old 05-02-2023, 12:08 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,193,305 times
The most important is that you are healthy.

Sometimes paradoxically taking too many showers is actually a cause of bad odor - as you wash off healthy bacteria and the bad microorganisms which cause smell could take hold.
Try to use lukewarm water only and very mild soap without fragrance; reduce showering - you could just wipe underarms, etc with salt water or 0.5% peroxide?

Garlic, mutton/lamb, spices may cause a specific odor in some.

Try to use kefir for drinking it as well as washing your hair and body- leave it for a few minutes under arms, etc - then shower as usual.

Maybe try Japanese type Mirai soap bar - it may help as well if you are aged.

https://miraiclinical.com/

Old 05-02-2023, 12:51 PM

408 posts, read 259,822 times
I have gone to a whole food, non-processed food, no vegetable oils,very low carb keto diet and have been able to stop using deodorant. Trust me, my wife would let me know in a heartbeat if I need it. She has a nose like a blood hound.

Old 05-02-2023, 02:36 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
No one else thinks it's odd that he's convinced, in the absences of witnesses, that he smells immediately out of the shower? That makes no sense. If nothing else, he should smell like his showering products. Everyone is so credulous here, LOL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness