Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2023, 04:48 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,103,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymaker221 View Post
I stopped fasting last week, I do feel a difference, I think this is good. However, it's gonna take some time to get a regular feeding habit again. I'm usually not hungry.

Had a good talk with my doctor last week. It was good to discuss everything in detail with the one person who knows my medical history, he gave me advice that was similar to what was shared in this thread, and a comprehensive blood test is coming up. A lot of things, testosterone, thyroid, blood & sugar levels etc. the works.

Getting the shot tommorow and hopefully I get the result asap.

It would be good to find out a problem that could fix all my problems with one pill so to speak. On the other hand, it would suck to have to take medication for the rest of my life for something.

I'm not sure I'm following your point here.

Well I've had a snoring app which checked out good, no snoring as long as I sleep on my side. My orthodontist said not long ago that my airways are good, and I think I get good sleep.

Yes I get a lot of sun, many hours a day. Use lots of sun block. too.

I agree I should do more things in my life. But life gets lonely sometimes.The only friends I had started families in their mid to late 20s and we drifted apart. I should have had my own family by now.

I’m no longer a young woman, but I would think that a good man who has a good work ethic would be very attractive to a young woman (who is also a good person). However, a family man needs to have balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2023, 11:30 PM

682 posts, read 718,200 times
Quote:
I stopped fasting last week, I do feel a difference, I think this is good. However, it's gonna take some time to get a regular feeding habit again. I'm usually not hungry.

Had a good talk with my doctor last week. It was good to discuss everything in detail with the one person who knows my medical history, he gave me advice that was similar to what was shared in this thread, and a comprehensive blood test is coming up. A lot of things, testosterone, thyroid, blood & sugar levels etc. the works.

Getting the shot tommorow and hopefully I get the result asap.

It would be good to find out a problem that could fix all my problems with one pill so to speak. On the other hand, it would suck to have to take medication for the rest of my life for something.

I'm not sure I'm following your point here.

Well I've had a snoring app which checked out good, no snoring as long as I sleep on my side. My orthodontist said not long ago that my airways are good, and I think I get good sleep.

Yes I get a lot of sun, many hours a day. Use lots of sun block. too.

I agree I should do more things in my life. But life gets lonely sometimes.The only friends I had started families in their mid to late 20s and we drifted apart. I should have had my own family by now.

Thanks for your update! Let us know what he finds out. There might be others out there who have the same symptoms as you.

Old 07-14-2023, 10:48 AM

141 posts, read 416,930 times
I've gotten all the results of the blood work at this point except for Vitamine D which comes later.

-Thyroid (It's at 1.8 mU/L)
-Testosterone (22.9 for me with normal range being between 8.6 to 29)
-Trombocytes
-Glucose
-Leukocytes
-Heart rate (62 bpm)
-EGFR
-Hemoglobin
-MCV (red blood cells)
-Diastolic blood pressure (138 mmHg)
-Creatine (85 umol/l)

A bit of an incomplete chart, I asked for the other numbers and I was told they're all within normal range which is why it's not even listed.

Everything is in normal range and looks good they said, only the Vitamine D results haven't come back yet. For what it's worth I get a lot of sun every day since I work outdoors. Hopefully my body takes the Vit D in effectively.

Anyway, I'll be honest this goes beyond my medical knowledge, I trust my doc when he tells me nothing seems out of the ordinary for my health.

I discussed my symptoms with him before all this so I think he covered the essentials. Unless you guys have some insight on what may have been missed in this blood test to find out why I feel like this all the time?

I am happy to see these results. At the same time I still feel a bit hopeless about my situation.

Old 07-14-2023, 02:44 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,799,167 times
Not getting adequate sleep and being physically exhausted because you keep burning both ends of the candle won't necessarily be reflected in a blood test OP. Why feel hopeless? The change that may do you the most good may be behavioral/habitual, not medical.

Old 07-14-2023, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Not getting adequate sleep and being physically exhausted because you keep burning both ends of the candle won't necessarily be reflected in a blood test OP. Why feel hopeless? The change that may do you the most good may be behavioral/habitual, not medical.
That's conflicting advice since half the thread advised me to get the blood test done. Now I know, atleast.

I actually took your advice from earlier, now having a regular eating pattern and getting more sleep. It has helped for sure and things are getting better, but it hasn't fixed this issue. It appears to be far more complex.

Old 07-14-2023, 02:54 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:
I've gotten all the results of the blood work at this point except for Vitamine D which comes later.

-Thyroid (It's at 1.8 mU/L)
-Testosterone (22.9 for me with normal range being between 8.6 to 29)
-Trombocytes
-Glucose
-Leukocytes
-Heart rate (62 bpm)
-EGFR
-Hemoglobin
-MCV (red blood cells)
-Diastolic blood pressure (138 mmHg)
-Creatine (85 umol/l)

A bit of an incomplete chart, I asked for the other numbers and I was told they're all within normal range which is why it's not even listed.

Everything is in normal range and looks good they said, only the Vitamine D results haven't come back yet. For what it's worth I get a lot of sun every day since I work outdoors. Hopefully my body takes the Vit D in effectively.

Anyway, I'll be honest this goes beyond my medical knowledge, I trust my doc when he tells me nothing seems out of the ordinary for my health.

I discussed my symptoms with him before all this so I think he covered the essentials. Unless you guys have some insight on what may have been missed in this blood test to find out why I feel like this all the time?

I am happy to see these results. At the same time I still feel a bit hopeless about my situation.
There may be nothing in the blood test to find.

As Parnassia said, you may just be burning the candle at both ends and may be the type of person that just needs a bit more sleep (which I don't understand, but that's just me).

Diet and habits are what you need to look at. If you have a physical job you also may not need to workout.

Old 07-14-2023, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
you may be the type of person that just needs a bit more sleep (which I don't understand, but that's just me).
What do you mean?

Quote:
Diet and habits are what you need to look at. If you have a physical job you also may not need to workout.
The weightlifting strengthens my muscles and joints in order to do my job effectively. Otherwise I lose physical strength and I will injure myself repeatedly during work.

Old 07-14-2023, 03:15 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,131,933 times
You may just have been overdoing it for too long and need a vacation to catch up on the rest. There are several medical issues related mostly to heart and arteries, that cause premature fatigue. They are more common with older guys with high cholesterol, but I would definitely suggest asking your doctor about it at the next checkup. I have an upcoming appointment myself for an Echocardiogram after my regular physician detected a murmur. I'm 71, though!

Old 07-14-2023, 03:19 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,799,167 times
Quote:
What do you mean?
Some people function better with more hours of sleep per night. Others can get by with less. It can be quite individual. Some experimentation may help you find the right balance for you.

https://www.healthline.com/health/sl...or#sleep-needs

Last edited by Parnassia; 07-14-2023 at 03:53 PM..

Old 07-14-2023, 03:58 PM

595 posts, read 264,478 times
Could it be burnout?

That's often what it is when no physical reason can be found. It can happen to anyone in any occupation that involves a lot of long hours and/or high amounts of stress. It doesn't mean they don't enjoy their occupation. Just that they need to rein it in and practice some serious self-care. For you that may mean diversifying your life. It doesn't sound like you have much of a social outlet, and it sounds like you might be unhappy that you haven't started a family yet. By all means, make the time for those things. They're not going to happen if you're always at work. If it means finding another job, then maybe that's what it means. Same line of work, but maybe not so intense or with so many hours. Don't rob yourself of balance and the things you want in life, like a family. All that leads to is regret.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness