Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2023, 11:36 AM

5,457 posts, read 8,171,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
You can retrofit almost any regular toilet with a bidet seat.

https://www.totousa.com/washlet

I've had my Toto Washlet since 2008 and it's still working like new. I love it.

And there is more than one reason to use a Washlet. The old motherly advice to always wear clean underwear so you won’t be embarrassed if you unfortunately end up in the emergency room no longer suffices.

Today, with tasering and strip and cavity searches being common, you must also always have clean underwear AND a clean anus to avoid embarrassment. This is especially true at airports where hundreds of people might be watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2023, 11:39 AM

9,114 posts, read 6,160,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I use a bidet when possible (at home)... finish off with a dab of toilet paper. No, the cold water doesn't bother me.

https://www.amazon.com/Luxe-Bidet-Ne.../dp/B00A0RHSJO

Many of the bidet seats heat the water so that it's warm. Many different price points.

https://www.amazon.com/TUSHY-Attachm...en-bath&sr=1-7

https://www.amazon.com/Bidet-BB-1000...en-bath&sr=1-2

Old 06-28-2023, 12:17 PM

17,548 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiigner View Post
Am thinking of ditching TP for wipes but want to know if there are any adverse affects?

Was thinking their could be because why do so many more people use TP instead? Is it just economics?

Yes there are harsh adverse effects. CLOGGING up sewage system is the worst (even the "safe to flush" wipes are really not safe to flush

Old 06-28-2023, 12:22 PM

17,548 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
And remember do not flush them, as they will clog your plumbing system.
That reminds me how disgusting tossing used toilet paper in garbage in Greece (because sewage pipes were such small diameter.) I still remember the horrid smell

Old 06-28-2023, 12:28 PM

50,343 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Quote:
My bidet has a dryer! Nice slightly warm air.
Mine has a dryer too, but I don’t feel like sitting there for 10 minutes.

Old 06-28-2023, 12:30 PM

61,654 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Quote:
You can retrofit almost any regular toilet with a bidet seat.

https://www.totousa.com/washlet
Inserts are even cheaper!
There is no excuse to buy it (price of a lunch) and try yourself. Chances are that you might love it!!

For those who don't have electric outlet nearby to have heated water, here is a tip.
If you sink is nearby - connect the bidet line with your sink hot water line.
Before using bidet turn warm water on, in your sink. Just for 5-10 seconds. Then turn the water on in your bidet - it will be warm. Not for long, but long enough to do the cleaning.

That's how I have it:

Last edited by elnina; 06-28-2023 at 12:44 PM..

Old 06-28-2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
That reminds me how disgusting tossing used toilet paper in garbage in Greece (because sewage pipes were such small diameter.) I still remember the horrid smell
You would see that a lot in Texas, public restrooms. I guess, people in Mexico have the same problem and they bring their customs over the border.

Old 06-28-2023, 01:16 PM

14,931 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
I've had my Toto Washlet since 2008 and it's still working like new. I love it.

And there is more than one reason to use a Washlet. The old motherly advice to always wear clean underwear so you won’t be embarrassed if you unfortunately end up in the emergency room no longer suffices.

Today, with tasering and strip and cavity searches being common, you must also always have clean underwear AND a clean anus to avoid embarrassment. This is especially true at airports where hundreds of people might be watching.
The TSA does cavity searches at airports???

I have to admit I've avoided flying since 2010, and have no immediate plans to fly, so I've missed the gory details of TSA searches at airports. I went through a body type search in 2009 at BMI, but that entailed the agent ( a very talkative lady) waving a wand all over and some prefunctory searches using the back of her hand. They were more interested in our experience as passengers on a plane that developed serious mechanical ( fluid hydraulics and auxilary power ) problems in flight and had to return to BMI. They prepared us for a potential crash landing at the airport, away from the terminal, with foam on the runway and fire trucks nearby. But we landed without incident.

Old 06-28-2023, 01:40 PM

23,261 posts, read 18,777,131 times
No way do I want to create even more chemically-treated trash or septic residues using wet wipes for a simple one time use task that should take about 2 seconds. I've lived with septic systems for over 30 years. Nothing goes down the drain other than what traveled through my GI tract, minimal food waste, biodegradable cleaners, and the most septic-friendly TP I can find. I take good care of the septic system, and it takes good care of me and the environment. I also refuse to get anal about my nether regions. The lengths to which some people will go to render themselves acceptably clean seems bizarre. Biodegradable, minimally treated TP has worked just fine for me for almost 70 years. It simply doesn't bother me to coexist with my own residual bacteria between regular showers. I wear clean underwear daily and wash my hands after a bathroom visit. IMHO the human body (unless you happen to have some unfortunate chronic health problem) just isn't that fragile!

Last edited by Parnassia; 06-28-2023 at 02:51 PM..

Old 06-28-2023, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
The TSA does cavity searches at airports???
No, TSA can't, but police can.

Police can conduct a body cavity search at the border or at an airport. There is another exception to the Fourth Amendment's warrant requirement known as the border search exception.
https://newyorklegaldefense.com/when...vity-searches/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness