Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 12:23 PM

3,068 posts, read 2,395,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, he doesn't have "a cold".
Quote:
Covid is NOT a "cold".
Here are the symptoms the CDC lists for COVID:

Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Except for the stomach problems, that's a cold. And the CDC recommends exactly what I said to the OP: stay home.

Old 03-21-2024, 01:08 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
The test can be positive for many weeks or months in some cases. Means nothing to keep testing yourself.

Although it is not "a cold" or "the flu" - for otherwise healthy folks, and with today's less serious strains - it will run its course and be gone. Post back in a week and give an update.

If you want to do something - try to avoid spreading it to other people, because no one enjoys being sick, serious or not.
Well, the "run its course and be gone" scenario is not quite that simple. I was a relatively healthy senior until the third week of August when I contracted a MILD case of covid. I sorta thought, 'Oh no big deal'. I wasn't very sick. And now, 7 months later I am still overly tired virtually every day in a way that I never was before covid. I get so tired so easily doing things that just 8 months ago would have been a breeze.

Old 03-21-2024, 01:13 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post

Fever or chills
Cough
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Except for the stomach problems, that's a cold. And the CDC recommends exactly what I said to the OP: stay home.
Covid is not "a cold".

Old 03-21-2024, 02:10 PM

1,524 posts, read 1,182,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
The test can be positive for many weeks or months in some cases. Means nothing to keep testing yourself.

Although it is not "a cold" or "the flu" - for otherwise healthy folks, and with today's less serious strains - it will run its course and be gone. Post back in a week and give an update.

If you want to do something - try to avoid spreading it to other people, because no one enjoys being sick, serious or not.
Quote:
Well, the "run its course and be gone" scenario is not quite that simple. I was a relatively healthy senior until the third week of August when I contracted a MILD case of covid. I sorta thought, 'Oh no big deal'. I wasn't very sick. And now, 7 months later I am still overly tired virtually every day in a way that I never was before covid. I get so tired so easily doing things that just 8 months ago would have been a breeze.
Well, roodd279 did preface that with what I bolded above. I don't think he was saying that's the case with everyone.

Old 03-21-2024, 02:19 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,228,635 times
Vitamin C & D, zinc, and chill.

Old 03-21-2024, 02:25 PM

188 posts, read 59,527 times
Quote:
If it's positive, then what? It means you have a cold. The original Wuhan strain is long gone, mutated into a relatively harmless cold virus. By your own account, your fever is already gone.

Stay home. Watch a funny movie, play some video games, eat some chicken soup.
But new variants have been out. How come the home test kit has a dark line on T?

Old 03-21-2024, 02:38 PM

188 posts, read 59,527 times
Quote:
No, he doesn't have "a cold".
Maybe a regular flu?

Old 03-21-2024, 02:51 PM

1,196 posts, read 528,803 times
I took Elderberry supplements, Vitamins C, D3, Zinc, Multi, etc. I had a very mild case. Stay well-hydrated and sleep as much as you want to.

I found Jamba Juice smoothes to be helpful in hydrating when I had a sore throat. I ordered two extra large berry smoothies and froze one and had DoorDash deliver. It was well-worth it - very soothing and enjoyable when I didn't really want to eat.

Old 03-21-2024, 02:57 PM

3,068 posts, read 2,395,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Guy in TX View Post
But new variants have been out.
New variants are always going to be coming out. Cold and flu viruses are the same way--they're always changing. That's why people get colds and flu every season instead of becoming immune to them. You'll probably get other variants of COVID in the future, and you'll probably get through them just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Guy in TX View Post
How come the home test kit has a dark line on T?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

Old 03-21-2024, 02:59 PM

12,836 posts, read 9,037,151 times
Quote:

Fever or chills
Cough
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

While Phetaori and I disagree on just about everything, I support him here. It's not a cold. The current symptoms may be similar to a cold, but that doesn't make it a cold. That doesn't mean to panic, but it does mean to follow your doctor's advice based on the diagnosis. None of us on CD can provide better advice than the OP's doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness