Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2024, 08:04 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,631,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Guy in TX View Post
I have normal BP.
You have zero comorbidities. You are a healthy individual and God created our bodies in a wondrous way to fight infectious disease. This malady, SARS-CoV-2, has morphed into a much less virulent form, which is not always the case for infectious pathogens, but is with this virus.

I see your fear as unnatural and also causing a risk to your body's physical strength to ward off any disease including the COVID-19 infections we see. Your mental state is weak while your physical state seems strong even with this viral infection. COVID-19 is not your problem but your fear is and it jumps out in all your posts throughout this thread . You are going to survive this malady even though you poison your own body with fear and anxiety.

Background: I'm a now retired 3 decade trauma, neuro trauma, and critical care RN. I've seen firsthand how the state of one's mind can overcome one's physical challenges hundreds, if not thousands, of times. The human will to persevere is a most powerful medicine.

I had the worst form of COVID-19 , most likely acquired from caring for those with the same form of the illness, early in 2020. I was extremely ill, delirious for days, too weak to stand, oxygen sats in the 80%-82% range, and fevers to 103°F, weak and not cleared to return to work for 3.5 months. I refused hospital care (my wife complied) due to wanting to be around family. My risk factors far higher than yours (+65, overweight by 40 pounds, hypertensive) yet I survived. Just know, how you are going to pass from this world is already set, so just be ready when it does happen ... so far thru history every one but 2 people have died (Enoch and Elijah survived death).

Cancer deaths are 608,000+ annually, Heart disease over 700,00 deaths, both far outstripping COVID-19 deaths yet you are not on this board worried about either. And both have been killing folks bodies for eons.

Prepare your soul and spirit for death and live your life in a righteous way ... your happiness will be off the charts !

Again, as by my title to this post, this is just my opinion. I used to fear death like you but now look forward to it but love my time here on this rock immensely! Life is truly good!

Old 03-22-2024, 08:34 AM

3,069 posts, read 2,398,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yes. And after I had covid, my cardiologist wanted to do extra tests because they found a fair number of people in their practice who had had covid had heart changes that were problematic. That doesn't happen when one has "a cold".
Quote:
Excuse me. Where did I mention myocarditis?
See your quote above.

Old 03-22-2024, 09:45 AM

1,200 posts, read 531,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
So you think it’s a better idea to sit at home, alone and afraid, and ask people on the internet to diagnose you and advise you? Lol, ok.
Covid is not a big deal any more, according to the CDC.
When you get sick, go to an actual doctor, get diagnosed and treated.
The way you portrayed staying home says a lot about your state of mind. Why would you frame it as "alone and afraid?" Even if you take your contagious self out to urgent care, you're going to have to come home. Do you always perceive yourself as "alone and afraid?"

It does explain why so many contagious people are out and about exposing others. Too afraid to face themselves and have to distract themselves from themselves.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:05 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...ory-virus.html

CDC released today updated recommendations for how people can protect themselves and their communities from respiratory viruses, including COVID-19. The new guidance brings a unified approach to addressing risks from a range of common respiratory viral illnesses, such as COVID-19, flu, and RSV, which can cause significant health impacts and strain on hospitals and health care workers. CDC is making updates to the recommendations now because the U.S. is seeing far fewer hospitalizations and deaths associated with COVID-19 and because we have more tools than ever to combat flu, COVID, and RSV.

This release is dated March 1st, 2024.
Idk, to me, calling it a “common respiratory illness” sounds like it’s not a big deal. But you do you. Hide, mask, be afraid.
From your link:

"When people get sick with a respiratory virus, the updated guidance recommends that they stay home and away from others. For people with COVID-19 and influenza, treatment is available and can lessen symptoms and lower the risk of severe illness. The recommendations suggest returning to normal activities when, for at least 24 hours, symptoms are improving overall, and if a fever was present, it has been gone without use of a fever-reducing medication.

Once people resume normal activities, they are encouraged to take additional prevention strategies for the next 5 days to curb disease spread, such as taking more steps for cleaner air, enhancing hygiene practices, wearing a well-fitting mask, keeping a distance from others, and/or getting tested for respiratory viruses. Enhanced precautions are especially important to protect those most at risk for severe illness, including those over 65 and people with weakened immune systems. CDC’s updated guidance reflects how the circumstances around COVID-19 in particular have changed. While it remains a threat, today it is far less likely to cause severe illness because of widespread immunity and improved tools to prevent and treat the disease. Importantly, states and countries that have already adjusted recommended isolation times have not seen increased hospitalizations or deaths related to COVID-19."

Old 03-22-2024, 10:38 AM

50,794 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
See your quote above.
Yes, and there's not one mention of the word myocarditis in my post. Not one.

Perhaps you should do a little reading: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...ms-after-covid

Old 03-22-2024, 12:21 PM

578 posts, read 302,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memph View Post
I don't know anyone who had a hard time with covid, not even my 80+ year old grandparents. I mean, yeah you felt like **** for a few days, just like with the flu or a bad cold, but after a week we were all back to normal. None of us took medications, we were all vaccinated, though many of us were not boosted.

If you have any concerning symptoms, have them checked out, but if it's just a light fever, sore throat, headache maybe sore muscles/back, just get some rest for a few days.
I know someone who died from mild Covid. My deceased wife. I had it same time and felt awful 48 hrs. But fine since and soon there after. My wife had same strain but her immune system has been significantly impaired since 1985. She had several severe autoimmune system impairing conditions major ones were lupus and Ra. She took a high powered infusion for her auto immune issues which made mRNA mechanisms not effective for her as the infusion reduced B cells. Be cells needed for mRNA types to work. She had Evusheld and a booster for it but passed away due to Covid and related pneumonia.

Message is it’s more than a cold and how it impacts you depends. I’m mid 70s and had no issue with it but am up to date on vaccines.

Stay safe everyone.

Old 03-22-2024, 02:13 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,429,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Guy in TX View Post
For the first time I COVID-19 according to home test I did today. First time I ever tested too based on the fever and itchy throat I that started early Tuesday morning. Yesterday it was around 99 F but at night it got to max 101. Hung around late 98 to 99 F today.

46 year old healthy male. No smoking and drinking. Work out 3x in the gym and very fit with low body fat %. I am up to date on all my COVID vaccines as well as the Flu shot.

I took generic TheraFlu before sleep last night so that helped a lot and I was also sweating.

Current temp is at 100 F. However I feel like I have 99 F. I have more energy today then last night. Throat is feeling better.

Doctor prescribed Lagevrio (molnupiravir) 200 mg but even with insurance and discount it’s $427. Paxlovid is $30 but it interacts with other medications I take. I was told to get prior authorization from doctor to see if drug cost could be covered. Not sure how long that will take. Pharmacist doesn’t think I think to take the medication based on me feeling better today.

Any suggestions?
Don't worry. I have had Covid 4 times. Haven't died yet and I am 68 yo and don't exercise and overweight. In all cases I took no medication besides cold meds for the cough and Tylenol for the one time I had a headache. The cough when and if you get it will last forever though. Best cough drop but taste horrible is Fisherman's friend.

Old 03-22-2024, 02:17 PM

3,069 posts, read 2,398,593 times
Quote:
Yes, and there's not one mention of the word myocarditis in my post. Not one.

Perhaps you should do a little reading: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...ms-after-covid
From the article you suggested I read:

"Myocarditis. This is an inflammation of your heart muscle. People with COVID-19 face a higher risk of myocarditis compared with those who aren’t sick."

Perhaps you should do a little reading!

Old 03-22-2024, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Here are the symptoms the CDC lists for COVID:

Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Except for the stomach problems, that's a cold. And the CDC recommends exactly what I said to the OP: stay home.
It has symptoms similar to a cold but I would say that it feels more on the flu side of feeling bad but it lasts longer and that friggin cough. That by far is the worse annoying thing about this ever.

Old 03-22-2024, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
I had a cough from covid a couple years ago that lasted months and months. I am not sure those things are lingering like they used to anymore. ?
Oh yes they are. That cough is a pain in the butt. Even when my only symptom was a very bad headache and fever with chills I eventually got the damn cough and couldn't stop for at least a month. Now I just had a second Shringrix shot and for the first time I had very bad chills last night and feel under the weather still today. At least no cough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness