Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2024, 10:55 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,318,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Guy in TX View Post
How old is your husband and what pre existing conditions does he have? I do eat a high protein diet and even take powder supplements. I try to avoid processed sugar as much as possible.
A little older than you. He has hypertension, but is generally healthy.
We believed that he caught the virus at the medical lab which is full of sick people usually.
He was there to do his annual tests, and too lazy to put on a face mask.
Hope you recover soon. Eat well and rest well.

Old 03-21-2024, 11:12 PM

188 posts, read 59,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
A little older than you. He has hypertension, but is generally healthy.
We believed that he caught the virus at the medical lab which is full of sick people usually.
He was there to do his annual tests, and too lazy to put on a face mask.
Hope you recover soon. Eat well and rest well.
I have normal BP.

Old 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM

680 posts, read 716,810 times
Quote:
I have normal BP.

Dude, its not going to be normal if you keep up the anxiety you are exhibiting on your posts. Relax.

You have been saying you have an itchy throat. Gargle with warm water and salt...it will relieve it for a short time.
Here are other remedies if you need more ideas for your throat...
https://www.webmd.com/allergies/reme...r-itchy-throat

Old 03-22-2024, 12:01 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
So you think it’s a better idea to sit at home, alone and afraid, and ask people on the internet to diagnose you and advise you? Lol, ok.
Covid is not a big deal any more, according to the CDC.
When you get sick, go to an actual doctor, get diagnosed and treated.
I want you to show us where the CDC said "Covid is not a big deal any more".

Old 03-22-2024, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Au contraire. From Mt. Sinai: "Myocarditis is an uncommon disorder. Most of the time, it is caused by an infection that reaches the heart...These can include the SARS-CoV-2 virus (the virus that causes COVID-19), influenza (flu) virus, coxsackievirus, parvovirus, cytomegalovirus, adenovirus, and others....There may be no symptoms. Symptoms may be similar to the flu."

From Johns Hopkins: "Myocarditis is rare, but when it occurs, it is most commonly caused by an infection in the body. Infections from viruses (most common, including those that cause the common cold, influenza or COVID-19), bacteria, fungus or parasites can lead to myocardial inflammation."
Excuse me. Where did I mention myocarditis?

Old 03-22-2024, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memph View Post
I don't know anyone who had a hard time with covid, not even my 80+ year old grandparents. I mean, yeah you felt like **** for a few days, just like with the flu or a bad cold, but after a week we were all back to normal. None of us took medications, we were all vaccinated, though many of us were not boosted.

If you have any concerning symptoms, have them checked out, but if it's just a light fever, sore throat, headache maybe sore muscles/back, just get some rest for a few days.
And I knew people who DIED.

Old 03-22-2024, 05:39 AM

6,969 posts, read 4,809,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I want you to show us where the CDC said "Covid is not a big deal any more".
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...ory-virus.html

CDC released today updated recommendations for how people can protect themselves and their communities from respiratory viruses, including COVID-19. The new guidance brings a unified approach to addressing risks from a range of common respiratory viral illnesses, such as COVID-19, flu, and RSV, which can cause significant health impacts and strain on hospitals and health care workers. CDC is making updates to the recommendations now because the U.S. is seeing far fewer hospitalizations and deaths associated with COVID-19 and because we have more tools than ever to combat flu, COVID, and RSV.

This release is dated March 1st, 2024.
Idk, to me, calling it a “common respiratory illness” sounds like it’s not a big deal. But you do you. Hide, mask, be afraid.

Old 03-22-2024, 06:24 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Stay home, take Mucinex or other OTC cold remedy and take it easy. Don't panic. You'll be fine.

My husband, daughter and I all had covid about a year ago, identical symptoms, all at the same time. We considered them mild cases and found the OTC meds you mentioned very helpful in dealing with the symptoms. We treated the covid exactly like we'd treat respiratory illnesses caused by any other virus, stayed home, away from other people, rested and took the OTC meds to relieve the symptoms. We also kept an eye on our O2 levels ( husband and daughter have asthma) and would have contacted our medical providers for help in the event we got worse. They didn't and we were all better within a week or so.

Old 03-22-2024, 06:28 AM

5,889 posts, read 6,088,552 times
Quote:
What do you mean? Millions have died. Millions hospitalized and with long term effects lingering. Itchy throat, fever is gone today. Still not feeling normal meaning not energized enough to do stuff. I am going on day 3 now.
Millions have died, while billions have gotten infected, many of which have gotten it multiple times. That means only a very small percentage died when they got it. Most who did die were 80+ years old or if they were younger, had serious co-morbidities. Also most died from the earlier variants, the current variants are less severe, and most died before the vaccines were available.

Old 03-22-2024, 07:59 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,872,571 times
What do you mean? Millions have died

Sure. But not recently. Don't compare today's situation with 2020. Even if it were - with the benefit of tons of data - we now know that you were NEVER in the high risk pool, just never in the ZERO risk pool.

Same as now. And I'd ask yourself - if you DID have the flu, would you be posting here? Because the flu is statistically more likely to kill you (now AND then) than COVID is. Do you panic with the flu? Jus sayin'....put it in perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness