Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 03:25 PM

188 posts, read 59,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well, the "run its course and be gone" scenario is not quite that simple. I was a relatively healthy senior until the third week of August when I contracted a MILD case of covid. I sorta thought, 'Oh no big deal'. I wasn't very sick. And now, 7 months later I am still overly tired virtually every day in a way that I never was before covid. I get so tired so easily doing things that just 8 months ago would have been a breeze.
What does your doctor say?

Old 03-21-2024, 03:27 PM

4 posts, read 1,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Guy in TX View Post
For the first time I COVID-19 according to home test I did today. First time I ever tested too based on the fever and itchy throat I that started early Tuesday morning. Yesterday it was around 99 F but at night it got to max 101. Hung around late 98 to 99 F today.

46 year old healthy male. No smoking and drinking. Work out 3x in the gym and very fit with low body fat %. I am up to date on all my COVID vaccines as well as the Flu shot.

I took generic TheraFlu before sleep last night so that helped a lot and I was also sweating.

Current temp is at 100 F. However I feel like I have 99 F. I have more energy today then last night. Throat is feeling better.

Doctor prescribed Lagevrio (molnupiravir) 200 mg but even with insurance and discount it’s $427. Paxlovid is $30 but it interacts with other medications I take. I was told to get prior authorization from doctor to see if drug cost could be covered. Not sure how long that will take. Pharmacist doesn’t think I think to take the medication based on me feeling better today.

Any suggestions?
TheraFlu and Lagevrio are both medications used to treat the flu, and they may not be very effective against symptoms caused by the coronavirus. Paxlovid is an antiviral medication that can reduce the replication of the coronavirus and may have some effect in early infections. However, Paxlovid also has some side effects such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc., and it cannot be used concurrently with certain medications like blood pressure reducers, lipid-lowering drugs, antidepressants, etc. What other medications are you currently taking?

If your symptoms have not worsened, you can continue to observe them; drink plenty of water; rest well; and eat light foods that are easy to digest

Old 03-21-2024, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
New variants are always going to be coming out. Cold and flu viruses are the same way--they're always changing. That's why people get colds and flu every season instead of becoming immune to them. You'll probably get other variants of COVID in the future, and you'll probably get through them just fine.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.
Test says I am positive.

Old 03-21-2024, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
While Phetaori and I disagree on just about everything, I support him here. It's not a cold. The current symptoms may be similar to a cold, but that doesn't make it a cold. That doesn't mean to panic, but it does mean to follow your doctor's advice based on the diagnosis. None of us on CD can provide better advice than the OP's doctor.
People actually have and can provide better advice than docs. Not every doc knows everything.

Old 03-21-2024, 03:30 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Stay home, take Mucinex or other OTC cold remedy and take it easy. Don't panic. You'll be fine.

Old 03-21-2024, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleskeyboard View Post
TheraFlu and Lagevrio are both medications used to treat the flu, and they may not be very effective against symptoms caused by the coronavirus. Paxlovid is an antiviral medication that can reduce the replication of the coronavirus and may have some effect in early infections. However, Paxlovid also has some side effects such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc., and it cannot be used concurrently with certain medications like blood pressure reducers, lipid-lowering drugs, antidepressants, etc. What other medications are you currently taking?

If your symptoms have not worsened, you can continue to observe them; drink plenty of water; rest well; and eat light foods that are easy to digest
Carbamazepine and Paroxetine. I am doing the others you mentioned. No fever today but still a weak. Itchy throat still.

Old 03-21-2024, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Stay home, take Mucinex or other OTC cold remedy and take it easy. Don't panic. You'll be fine.
Tylenol helps a lot. I work from home from my computer.

Old 03-21-2024, 03:35 PM

7,485 posts, read 3,219,325 times
I had a cough from covid a couple years ago that lasted months and months. I am not sure those things are lingering like they used to anymore. ?

Old 03-21-2024, 03:36 PM

Do I have JN. 1 variant?

Old 03-21-2024, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
I had a cough from covid a couple years ago that lasted months and months. I am not sure those things are lingering like they used to anymore. ?
Dry cough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness