Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,355,093 times

Advertisements

1. What brand do you use??
2. How long have you been wearing them?

I use Acuvue 2's SWITCHED recently to Acuvue Oasys Hydraclear---FORGET IT, they are awful!! I am returning back to Acuvue 2's!!

Anyone have bad experience with any brand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 11:35 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,182,778 times
I'm using Acuvue-1day Moist, they are pricey, but i don't have to deal with solutions, and storage. Put them in in the moring, throw them out at night. Love it!

Old 06-05-2008, 11:52 AM

845 posts, read 2,746,314 times
I also use Acuvue 2. I tried the Hydra clear and had the same experience. They were awful. I complained to my eye doctor about them and he said that a lot of people were having trouble with them. I have been wearing contacts for about 13 years. I cant believe it's been that long!

Old 06-05-2008, 12:40 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,604,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
1. What brand do you use??
2. How long have you been wearing them?

I use Acuvue 2's SWITCHED recently to Acuvue Oasys Hydraclear---FORGET IT, they are awful!! I am returning back to Acuvue 2's!!

Anyone have bad experience with any brand?
I have been wearing contacts for over 10 years now. I lasted less than a day trying out a trial pair of the Oasys Hydraclears. They irratated my eyes to the point where they would get swollen, red, watery, sensitive to light and incredibly painful. What is it about them, are they made with a different material than the standard lenses?

Old 06-05-2008, 12:56 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,562,534 times
I wear Acuvue 2 as well. Have for about 6 or 7 years now. This year at my exam my doctor gave me a trial of Acuvue Advance and while they did feel better I had difficulty getting them in or out. I think I am going to get a box of the Advance and give it a try because they were much more comfortable than the 2's. Maybe I will get used to handling them.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
I have been wearing contacts for over 10 years now. I lasted less than a day trying out a trial pair of the Oasys Hydraclears. They irratated my eyes to the point where they would get swollen, red, watery, sensitive to light and incredibly painful. What is it about them, are they made with a different material than the standard lenses?
Hey, tough. Yes, they are made of silicon. I tried wearing these things 2 years ago and definitely felt like a foreign object in my eyes! Then 2 years later (1 mo. ago)my eye doc suggested the Hydraclear Oasys...yeah, it felt like an oasys--more like a desert!!! dry eyes, swollen and red, rubbed them raw, itchy....I looked like I had 2 corneas!! LOL. When you take them out also they are hard to get out and are literally stuck to your eyes!! I dont sleep in them either!!

This new eye doc said well, they have changed the base curve to 8.8 instead of 8.3 *which is my base curve*....Anyway, the trial pair he gave me were "ok" and told him I would try them before I bought \8 boxes!! I tried 1 each.25.00 a pop too! Rip off!!

I already ripped 3 out of the 6 pairs..they would rip inside my eyes!! He said some people are allergic to the silicon! only 5 % of people..I read all the reviews and it's more like 95 percent of the people wearing them!!!

I have to go back today just to get another prescription for Acuvue 2's...(my old brand I have worn for years!) He still wants to see me and to bring in the extra lenses I havent worn... Maybe I will get a refund for them?? Yea, right LOL....

Old 06-05-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
I'm using Acuvue-1day Moist, they are pricey, but i don't have to deal with solutions, and storage. Put them in in the moring, throw them out at night. Love it!

How pricey are they for a year's supply? or 6 mo. supply>> thanks!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:04 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,182,778 times
I paid $200+ for 6 month, there is a cupon somewhere for them.
Bought them here:

Discount 1-Day Acuvue Moist Contact Lenses at Lens.com

There is mail-in-rebate available also.

Good luck!

Old 06-05-2008, 03:50 PM

48 posts, read 158,863 times
If you're looking for cheap lenses, check out Costco, if you're a member (probably true for any warehouse club, I imagine). I wear the Acuvue 2 brand and just paid $13.85/box. I also got a $20 rebate when I purchased 8 boxes. I know they carry a number of different brands.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:08 AM

thanks Outlander--I use BJ's so a big diff. same as Costco though. 13.85 a box!

Shep-thank you! I will look into those too! I appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness