Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 03:48 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,595,896 times

Advertisements

After two LASIK procedures, I now wear an Acuvue Oasis lens in my left eye. I've had this type of lens for about 6 months. Prior to that, I wore Acuvue 2 for a year. Prior to the LASIK procedures I wore both hard and gas permeable contacts for 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 07:50 PM

308 posts, read 1,617,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
1. What brand do you use??
2. How long have you been wearing them?

I use Acuvue 2's SWITCHED recently to Acuvue Oasys Hydraclear---FORGET IT, they are awful!! I am returning back to Acuvue 2's!!

Anyone have bad experience with any brand?
I currently use Biomedics/OSI Ultraflex, although I do not wear them too often. I've had this particular brand since 12/2002. I'm not completely happy with them but will stick with them until I finally use up my supply, which will take a bit since I don't wear them too regularly anymore.

I've gone through a number of brands (Acuvue was one of them) due to various problems with them. The first two docs I went to had no problems prescribing me contacts that worked well and that I could see out of with NO problems whatsoever. I went to a new doc several years later and I've yet to find a lens that I'm absolutely satisfied with. At one point, I spent a considerable amount of time attempting to track down my first two docs in order to locate my records to determine what my original prescription brand was, to no avail unfortunately. I still wonder if it's perhaps a problem with docs attempting to push disposables on everyone. I previously wore extended/daily wear/reusable contacts but now the docs seem to be pushing the 2-wks disposables on everyone. They're certianly cheaper and I would be fine with them if they worked for me--but thus far, I'm not impressed.

I've purchased contacts at the Vision Centers located within Wal-mart/Sam's Clubs. You can typically get them considerably cheaper there than going elsewhere.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:21 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,894,483 times
I wore the original Acuvue for almost 10 years and loved them. Then my doctor said a little over a year ago that they weren't going to make them anymore so I had to try a new kind.

I tend to have very dry eyes, so I tried the Acuvue Oasys and after 2 days had huge swollen eyes. Something about the chemical that supposedly keeps them moist irritated my eyes. It was very attractive and I had to wear my glasses for almost a week to recover.
I tried two others that felt itchy all the time, and one of them irritated the insides of my eyelids. Then I found Purevision by Bausch & Lomb.
LOVE them. I even sleep in them every night. They are a little more expensive but they are supposed to last a month. I clean them more often, so I can stretch them another week or so. Probably not recommended, but oh, well.
Still saving up for Lasik...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness