Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 09:56 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,371,358 times

Advertisements

I loved the patch and the ring. Your body absorbs the hormones differently than the pill. BUT we are all different, so it may not work for you. If you are sure you don't want kids for at least a few years, then look into the IUD.

Also, remember your body changes every few years. What worked before may not work now. I also had great luck on that "Seasonale" pill. No side effects.
at all.

Talk to your doctor! There are SOOOOOOO many different pills out there. I'm sure there is one that will work for you. Stick with one for at least 3 months, though. It takes that long for your body to adjust and any short-term side effects to go away.

BTW: There is nothing wrong with what the Bible says. Let's all remember that everyone has their personal views, and we should NOT try to push our views on others. If they aren't ready to hear it, or just don't want to hear it, it only pushes them away from it even more!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 02:47 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
Ok, I need some other womens opinions........

I started taking birth control when I was like 18 (I'm 25 now) This past january I went off because my skin was going crazy and I wanted to make sure the BC wasn't the culprit. SO I went back on (to a diff kind, onto Seasonique) in June and about a month later I started to notice I was depressed feeling a LOT and I was crying a LOT more....... So I switched from Seasonique to Ocella (generic form of Yasmin) and while I definitely am not SAD feeling all the time like I was on seasonique, I DO notice I tend to still feel more emotional then when I'm NOT on BC.

The crazy thing is I DON'T remember being so crazy emotional from age 18- to this past Jan....... so why am I going CRAZY once I restarted????

I'm about to say SCREW BC altogether! My boyfriend has been getting on my case and telling me to be "stronger" cuz I'm always crying or upset about something. I don't want to feel like such a debbie downer anymore.......

Has anyone else ever experienced severe mood swings and depression and then QUIT Birth control and suddenly they were ok?????

My only FEAR is getting pregnant. My boyfriend and I will need some other form of contraceptive except CONDOMS because we both hate them (they hurt me)........ what else can we possibly use if I go off birth control???????
Not all medications are the same. You mention generic. I don't take generic because just about every generic I've had is not the same as the brand.

I'm going to leave you some links since I already did the googling. If I had more time. I'd see what the difference was between them, to see what is giving you the problem.
Seasonale
Yaz
Seasonique (http://www.seasonique.com/ - broken link)

Check out the IUD info. For me, that was the best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Get an IUD.
Yup. agree. Best thing I ever did. Go once, get it in and never worry again.

Mirena has the hormone.

Mirena - estrogen-free intrauterine contraceptive that delivers small amounts of hormone directly to the uterus.

birth control comparison IUD (http://www.birth-control-comparison.info/iudinfo.htm - broken link)
IUD toolkit (http://www.maqweb.org/iudtoolkit/ - broken link)

Old 12-06-2008, 04:24 PM

809 posts, read 2,884,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Not all medications are the same. You mention generic. I don't take generic because just about every generic I've had is not the same as the brand.

I'm going to leave you some links since I already did the googling. If I had more time. I'd see what the difference was between them, to see what is giving you the problem.
Seasonale (http://www.seasonale.com/ - broken link)
Yaz
Seasonique (http://www.seasonique.com/ - broken link)

Check out the IUD info. For me, that was the best option.

Yup. agree. Best thing I ever did. Go once, get it in and never worry again.

Mirena has the hormone.

Mirena - estrogen-free intrauterine contraceptive that delivers small amounts of hormone directly to the uterus.

birth control comparison IUD (http://www.birth-control-comparison.info/iudinfo.htm - broken link)
IUD toolkit (http://www.maqweb.org/iudtoolkit/ - broken link)
I was on seasonique when I started to feel like a psycho! I stopped it and my doc put me on the generic form of yasmin (diff then yaz) called ocella. I def didn't feel as crazy as I did on seasonique, but I was still getting super emotional sometimes.

For now, i"ve gone off birth control because a.) my boyfriend lives 900 miles away :P and b.) I wanted to see if I felt better when I'm not on any birth control........ and so far, in the past MONTH that I've been off of it I feel TOTALLY level. I don't feel CRAZY like I did on birth control. So I duno if I'm ever guna go back on to it.......

Old 12-06-2008, 06:51 PM

188 posts, read 548,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ertily
You ARE supposed to be having sex especially if you intend to have children. Period. End of discussion. Sex is for recreation/fornication/procreation according to Mother Nature and then it is to be done however you feel fit.
If you are having sex for any reason other than to recreate/fornicate/procreate, then you need to rededicate yourself to what you think your doing it for.
If you have thoughts of intimacy at other times, then those are the times to be having sex.
There, fixed it up for ya.

Last edited by Greybear; 12-06-2008 at 08:10 PM..

Old 12-06-2008, 09:47 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Condom

Old 12-07-2008, 06:12 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
I was on seasonique when I started to feel like a psycho! I stopped it and my doc put me on the generic form of yasmin (diff then yaz) called ocella. I def didn't feel as crazy as I did on seasonique, but I was still getting super emotional sometimes.

For now, i"ve gone off birth control because a.) my boyfriend lives 900 miles away :P and b.) I wanted to see if I felt better when I'm not on any birth control........ and so far, in the past MONTH that I've been off of it I feel TOTALLY level. I don't feel CRAZY like I did on birth control. So I duno if I'm ever guna go back on to it.......
I had more links open but had to get up, other stuff to do..

I found this Ocella diff from Yasmin?

Google search Ocella

I would get rid of the generic & try the brand.
You may have to have the doctor check the box on the script that it has to be brand name, insurance usually will cover it.

If you have time, check out the IUD links I left. I also had issues with BC, it made me nuts. The IUD was the best thing I ever did. 5 years went by fast though, when it was time to come out I knew it due to how heavy and the time between each period. Once I had it out, everything returned to normal.

I could never do anything with hormones or spermicide, the regular IUD had nothing.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:35 PM

809 posts, read 2,884,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybear View Post
There, fixed it up for ya.

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! that was great! AND SO TRUE!!!!!! hahahahahaha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness