Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 147,964 times

Advertisements

I've been horribly sick the past week since I drank a tall glass of lemonade, with horrible chest pain and stomach ache that left me unable to walk or sometimes even move at all, for seven days now. I went to the doctor three days ago, all she did was prescribe Protonix, which didn't help, only made things a little worse, until I threw up last night what looked and smelled like lemonade, but I don't know if it was just my stomach acid. Now the chest pain and stomach pain are not nearly as bad, but now I have horrible shooting pains on both sides of my lower ribs. Am I going crazy? What could this be? Does anybody else get rib pain associated with acid reflux?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 10:00 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
an ulcer?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:04 AM

2 posts, read 147,964 times
How is an ulcer treated? With medication? So just keep taking the pills and wait? /:

Old 07-21-2010, 01:49 PM

The definitive test would be an EGD, where the doc puts a scope down your throat, past the stomach, into the first part of your intestine. He can take a boopsy of anything that looks suspicious. You are out while it is done. I've had 2 of them with no problem. An ulcer can be treated different ways, depending on whether it is H. Pylori or a raw area. I have prescription strangth Prevacid and a liquid to take. H. Pylori needs 4 antibiotics, 4 x day for 2 weeks, as it is a bacterial infection (I had that 6 yrs ago).

My pain from GERD is an acid burning in my throat although some people report the same feeling in their stomach. The H. Pylori caused cramps about an hour after I had eaten. The raw pill ulcer causes pain in my stomach, which is just under the rib cage, in the center of my chest, once I start eating and lasting for 1-2 hrs. I also was vomiting afrter eating.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:10 PM

1 posts, read 72,031 times
I have not heard anyone mention chronic cough with their GERD. The cough is my main problem. Anyone out there with the same problem?

Old 05-06-2012, 09:16 PM

578 posts, read 1,092,309 times
After I quit smoking I suffered for about 3 months from horrible gerd. It felt like a hot burning under my breast at the top of rib cage. I took proton inhibitors for 12 weeks. Now occasional pain if I don't eat healthy. Take enzymes also. Good luck

Old 05-06-2012, 11:19 PM

I used to have the chronic cough. Your throat gets irritated from the reflux. You need Prilosec or something similar daily. If already doing that, you need to see a doctor.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:23 PM

141 posts, read 426,242 times
I have had the same problem. Mine seems to be caused when I eat certain foods. My doctor told me that it was acid reflux which to me is a deceiving name because reflux to me is like heartburn. When mine hits my abdomen hurts so bad that I can't stand up. Sometimes the only thing that helps is throwing up. I have been tested and mine was caused by the h-pylori bacteria. One thing I found out is that while antibiotics is the only thing that can clear it up, taking turmeric daily can help keep the damage to your stomach at bay. At least it has helped me. I came across this one day by watching Dr. OZ. He said that one of the main causes of stomach cancer is the H-Pylori bacteria. Make sure that you see your doctor and see if it is this bacteria. Some simple drugs like Prevacid and antibiotics can help a lot with this. I am glad to know that I am not the only one that suffers from this. I don't wish the pain on anyone but at least I know that I am not alone.

Stephanie

Last edited by Stephkp; 05-07-2012 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: mispelling

Old 05-08-2012, 09:53 AM

1,830 posts, read 6,151,429 times
It's important to get an accurate diagnosis from a physician. This may involve having an endoscopyso the see what's happening with your upper digestive track (I've had a couple). You could have an ulcer, GERD, just indigestion, or something else--but you need to find out--do not leave it untreated. When I had a stomach ulcer, I had exteme nausea & some vomiting. Some ulcers need to be treated with antibitotics; others are treated with strong antacids. When my GERD flares up, I have a painful lump-in-the-throat sensation & back pain. A cough can accompany it. Symptoms not always the same for everyone. If you find out you have GERD, you'll need to manage it with the appropriate med (often Prilosec) for a period of time and then change your eating habits. There's a lot of info on the Internet, too, on how to manage GERD but please get your situation diagnosed and good luck.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 70,967 times
Hello im also experianceing acid reflex it started a week ago i had a burning sensation from my glands to my throat and when i try to do house work i cant because the burning sensation comes back i have to sit down and then it goes away, does any one know whats wrong with me please help thanks guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness