Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:45 PM

133 posts, read 534,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailaemerick View Post
yes unless if it fell out. i'm 11 and my contacts are going everywhere.
but i just found one on my sink. i sleep with them on and i lost my left one for like 2-3 weeks and it never was found. last night i lost my other contact and i don't know what to do.
Go back to your optometrist. It's obvious that your contacts aren't fitting correctly on your eye, if they're moving around a lot and flipping out. Also, unless you're wearing the Ciba Nite & Days, Acuvue Oasys, or sometimes the O2Optix, you shouldn't be sleeping in them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 07:18 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,233,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjbrent View Post
Usually I see it peaking out because mine are colored. If yours are clear might be more difficult.
I use a torch when that happens - if you lift your lid up and shine it around the top you can usually see the edges reflecting back, assuming it's near enough to see it. The first time it happened I didn't realise it had moved and poked myself quite decisively in the eye trying to remove it. Not done that since!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:40 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,778,287 times
Oh my goodness! I just ordered a new "batch" of disposable contacts (I don't know the brand) after a 7 year hiatus of not wearing contacts. When I had contacts back in college...the were the soft wear-them-for-a-year type. I used to sleep in those all the time! I never lost one or had it roll to the top of my eyeball or anything like that. With my new contacts...I've slept in them like 3 times (I don't wear contacts everyday....for the past 6 months I'll wear them twice a week maybe). I've notice more dryness than I remember but they were still there. But hearing these stories...maybe I should stop :-(

Old 02-18-2009, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 13,541 times
This information was so helpful. My 14 year old daughter has contacts and we thought at least 3 of them were lost in her in in the past month. They are clear soft lenses so they are tough to spot. Hopefully tonights missing contact will appear or it went the way of the other two and is on her bedroom floor somewhere!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:03 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,921,440 times
the OP's question..has this ever happened to me? Ugghh..yep. And I can feel it too, it's like one of those things that drive you insane...like having a hang nail or wood splinter. It took me about most of the day till I poked my finger around to feel the spot..it was folded over (soft lense) so it was harder to pull out in the first place.

Not a pleasant experience....

Old 02-19-2009, 01:10 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,775,275 times
Wow! Having worked for years at an ophthalmologist office, a bunch of you really scare me!

1. It is impossible to "lose" a contact behind your eye, etc. If it's in there, you or the doctor will find it, and a good doctor doesn't need any dye. If you scratch your cornea, it can be very painful (sounds like some of you already found this out ) and sometimes you have to wear an eye patch during recovery for really bad corneal abrasions.

2. Never sleep in your contacts unless they are approved to be slept in , and even then, most people still can't sleep in them the whole time the manufacturer says. My husband tried the Ciba Night and Days, which are approved for up to 30 days, and he coudn't even do one week since his eyes are so dry. You could get an infection and actually go blind. Really.

Don't mean to lecture, but some of the stories made me cringe!!

Old 02-19-2009, 01:53 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
I've been wearing contacts for 15 years and I lost one for the first time a few months ago. I rubbed my eye like I have millions of times and the next thing I knew the contact made it's way far up into my eyelid. Needless to say I was panicking, luckily I had my paramedic friend here to help me "fish it out".

Old 04-09-2009, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 13,274 times
Has anyone ever had problems in taking out a contacts lens to the point when touching the eye to side the contact to remove it is painful for me to remove my contact. as if pins and needles were in my eye.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:12 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,687,679 times
Goodness. I've been wearing contacts for years and never had an experience where it went missing in my eye...Now I'm worried b/c I feel like I'm overdue. I wear acuvue oasys and love them for the most part. My biggest problem is eyelashes. I get an eyelash stuck in my eye at least once per day, and it is not fun.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:42 AM

3 posts, read 38,534 times
its happened to me today! I woke up this morning and my eyesight just didn't feel 'right', so I thought something was wrong with my contact lense, I could see fine in my right eye but not so in my left eye, I tried getting the contact lense out, no luck, tried solution, flushing it out, no luck, tried rubbing my eye like a billion times, sometimes works, but still no luck, by now my eye is getting sore when I touch it, this normally is only the case when there is no contact lense in the eye, cos you;re touching your actual eyeball rather than touching the contact lense, so I figured it can't be in my eye anymore, and put a new one in, that worked, now I can see again properly, BUT I'm still concerned as to where the heck that contact lense went?!!! I mean what if it's still in my eye and I'm wearing 2 contacts in ONE eye!!! Is that even possible?! Surely that will just mess my eye up with some bad infection
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness