Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 02:13 PM

350 posts, read 4,157,820 times

Advertisements

I am a 30-year-old woman who pretty much only has a libido during ovulation. I'm married (5 years) but I've always been like this. I know exactly when I'm ovulating, because I start to want sex. Then I know exactly when ovulation is over, because my libido goes away--i.e. it lasts about 3 days. I know when ovulation occurs anyway because of the physical signs, but the sex drive starts a day or two before I see the physical signs. Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this. How can I get my sex drive back the rest of the month? I am not on any birth control methods--I've never been on the pill or any chemical methods of birth control; my husband and I use the calendar method and withdrawal only.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 05:21 PM

45,337 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Ummm. Actually increased libido during ovulation is normal, the point is to maximize the chance of fertilization occurring. A note on your birth control, you may soon find yourself with a new title-mom.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:26 PM

350 posts, read 4,157,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Ummm. Actually increased libido during ovulation is normal, the point is to maximize the chance of fertilization occurring. A note on your birth control, you may soon find yourself with a new title-mom.
But what I'm saying is that I have no libido the rest of the month. None whatsoever. The only time I have any libido is during ovulation.

I know our birth control style is a bit risky, but we've been doing it for almost 10 years.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:02 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,989,910 times
Sounds normal, if your hormones really fluctuate! My sex drive always peaked right as I started my period...
Talk to your doctor...this is more common than you think!

Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,696,204 times
I'm going to agree with the others, my wife is the same way.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:12 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times
Start eating more soy products, EFA supps, mineral supps, a better diet overall and whats your exercise deal like? Get at least 30 minutes? If you are a workout chick make sure you are not over doing it.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:37 PM

1 posts, read 28,142 times
Dear Kiddlesandbits,
I have been married 36 years and my wife has always been as you described. Our difference in sex drives have always been an issue but we found a way to make it work. The difficulty now is that once she started menopause and ovulation stopped, her sex drive disappeared completely. We have not had sex for the past 7 years and we are only 57. Maintaining an intimate relationship in now very difficult. We largely live parallel lives. I have found myself going through the mourning process as I realized that my sex life with another human was over.
While you still have some libido, I recommend that you work on developing a sex life the will take you into your later years.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:14 AM

943 posts, read 1,844,131 times
i have a constant active sex drive for the most part. but i notice a few days before my period...... i get overly kinky and become a sex freak. and i am 48 no kids.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:02 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccht View Post
Dear Kiddlesandbits,
I have been married 36 years and my wife has always been as you described. Our difference in sex drives have always been an issue but we found a way to make it work. The difficulty now is that once she started menopause and ovulation stopped, her sex drive disappeared completely. We have not had sex for the past 7 years and we are only 57. Maintaining an intimate relationship in now very difficult. We largely live parallel lives. I have found myself going through the mourning process as I realized that my sex life with another human was over.
While you still have some libido, I recommend that you work on developing a sex life the will take you into your later years.
Agreed. We may not aways want sex, but if we are with a partner we have pledged a vow to, we need to honor that part of the responsibility. I have said it often...if you don't meet the needs of your partner, someone else will.
Sex is always enjoyable once you get started. Please people, have sex with the one who has loved you enough to gut it out with you and choose you!

Old 07-10-2013, 06:45 AM

1 posts, read 24,823 times
I have no sex drive at all on the supposed days of ovulation only right after and before my period does this mean I'm ovulating at different times when I can stomach sex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness