Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 11:56 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,929,449 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a website that helps compare healthcare outcomes. Specifically, I am interested in learning which hospitals or medical centers have the best outcomes for treatment of multiple myeloma. It seems like there should be some registry, website or service that would help this type of information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 12:16 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Have you tried google?
It was how I came upon what I was telling you about.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:24 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
This is probably proprietary info. You may not find it on a very public site. If you have a friend in the medical profession or one doing health research who has a paid subscription to AHA.org, you might be able to find consolidated hospital surveys available to members with paid subscriptions only. I often run into links during my research in pricing new products but I can't access them without a paid subscription.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:12 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,929,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Have you tried google?
It was how I came upon what I was telling you about.

I have googled extensively and thank you so much for the sites that you suggested. What I'm really looking for is some data about outcomes that could be compared from center to center. For example, "x% of our patients with Stage 1,2,3,4 multiple myeloma underwent stemcell transplantion. The six month survival rate was x%, the 1 year survival rate was x%, the five year survival rate was x%."

I'm in the healthcare field and I know that this type of data is kept, watched and monitored by health care facilities. Some disease entities, such as the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, have pushed for transparency so that this type of information is made readily available to the people who have the most at state - patients.

As healthcare consumers, we deserve transparency - We need to know who is best at providing the services that we or our loved ones need to survive.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:16 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
Does anyone know of a website that helps compare healthcare outcomes. Specifically, I am interested in learning which hospitals or medical centers have the best outcomes for treatment of multiple myeloma. It seems like there should be some registry, website or service that would help this type of information.
No there isn't. Most people just run and do what their medical doctors tell them to do (which usually makes the most money for the medical establishment and helps the patients THE LEAST). So you deserve some credit to at least have thought to do research on hospitals with the best outcomes. However, you should do reaserch on the dangers of the treatments themselves. More people die from cancer treatments than from cancer.

When faced with cancer themselves 75% OF DOCTORS seek alternatives to chemo. Bicarbonate Increases Tumor pH and Inhibits Spontaneous Metastases

As a long time health insurance agent I have done LOTS of research for clients for various things. If you want to check out hospitals there is
www.ahd.com which stands for American Hospital Directory. I believe you have to pay if you want access to the entire website. Some of it is free though.

I would also visit Ralph Moss PhD's site www.ralphmoss.com. He is famous for his cancer treatment research and has researched every method there is and can tell you( or his books or reports will) which are really effective and which are just money makers for the medical establishment that leve the patients worse off. PBS has even done documentaries on him or featuring his research.

Here are some testimonials from people who have had Myeloma who used alternative IAT treatments instead Multiple Myeloma Cancer Alternative Treatment Testimonials (http://www.immunemedicine.com/multiple-myeloma-testimonials.asp - broken link)

Alternative Cancer Treatment Testimonials (http://www.immunemedicine.com/testimonials.asp - broken link)

Other links you should look at.

Multiple Myeloma Hospital - Naturopathic Cancer Treatment at CTCA

Alternative Cancer Treatments Home Page (the Cancer Tutor Website)

I don't know this person but he has a good message for all cancer patients.
YouTube - How A Natural Cancer Cure Works - by Dr. James Chappell

In the U.K they are smart enough and actually care about their people tha the national health care system does not pay for the chemotherapy drug unless it cures the patient No Cure, No Charge: How to make a drug company bankrupt - Healthy News Service - HealthWorld Online
So they must not be paying for many because they mostly don't work and do more harm than good.

Here's a cookbook author who 30 years ago or more cured her Leukiemia using a Macrobiotic Diet alone NO CONVENTIONAL TREATMENTS AND NO NATURAL MEDICINES. My Story (http://www.christinacooks.com/mystory.html - broken link)

Dirk Benedict who was in "Battlestar Galactica"
also cured his cancer the same way -- with nothing but food (Macrobiotics). He wrote a book about it called Confessions of a Kamikazee Cowboy

If I were you I'd at MINIMUM set up a full consultation with a Naturopathic Doctor with experience helping patients overcome cancer before you start your conventional treatments.

Mine has 30 years experience curing so-called "incurable" diseases which are just incurable by western medicine... and his practice takes phone appointments. They happen to have a radio show on Saturday mornings (tomorrow morning) from 8-10 EST called Holistic Health-line and the radio station is www.920whjj.com. It streams live on the computer so if you aren't in the Providence/Boston area, you can listen from your computer. After the show they encourage people to stop by an visit; ask questions or call. Their number is 508-336-4242 and they have a website at www.holistichealthline.com. Ask for Peter Morrell or Jane Jansen. They are both wonderful and fountains of knowledge.

Good luck!

P.S. There are also lots of videos on YouTube about Cancer Treatments. Jerry Brunetti is one who cured his Non Hodgkins Lymphoma with diet.

There are some with Gary Null PhD interviewing oncologists who use alternative methods juust for starters.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:34 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,701 times
Op please read real source of information with real data and not lies. Chemo saves millions of people every year. Just use common sense if chemo is killing everybody you would see plenty of lawyers ads looking for victims.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:15 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
I have googled extensively and thank you so much for the sites that you suggested. What I'm really looking for is some data about outcomes that could be compared from center to center. For example, "x% of our patients with Stage 1,2,3,4 multiple myeloma underwent stemcell transplantion. The six month survival rate was x%, the 1 year survival rate was x%, the five year survival rate was x%."

I'm in the healthcare field and I know that this type of data is kept, watched and monitored by health care facilities. Some disease entities, such as the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, have pushed for transparency so that this type of information is made readily available to the people who have the most at state - patients.

As healthcare consumers, we deserve transparency - We need to know who is best at providing the services that we or our loved ones need to survive.
I just looked in my favorites, do not see the one I am talking about. I've used so many computers in the last year, I haven't had time to get my stuff off of them and on to my main one. I must have saved it on my dad's computer - I don't know..

Have you tried starting Here?

I don't remember what I was looking up or which site that I go to, I come here and a few other places. It's very possible that it was when someone posted the story Washington University Cancer genetic blueprint - from there I was reading various sites. It had the info you were looking for.

Anyway, where is your brother being treated? It might be easier to find the information that way.

edit - another link - SEER Survival Monograph: Cancer Survival Among Adults

Old 05-23-2009, 09:29 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Quote:
Each state keeps their own cancer registry information. So google: your state cancer registry and you should find the link.

Accredited cancer programs ( by ACOS) do keep their cancer registry data. Don't be shy about phoning hospitals and asking for their data.

Best of luck to you.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:33 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
Firstly, don't take baking soda for cancer...you'll have no good solution to your problem (unless you want to die).

The best places to start are the US News reports on the best hospitals and the Press Gainey (patient satisfaction) reports for each hospital, they give what patients rate as the best hospitals in the country for each specialty (outcomes are some of their biggest weights). Then take a look at the % cure rates in the registry data to section out the best of the best. Last time I look the Mayo Clinic was one of the best all around, John Hopkins pretty close....but you can section by region as well, like OHSU is the best in the Pac NW or UH Case in Ohio.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:08 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
The top rated hosital in the country for cancer is MD Anderson in houston .The second rated is Stanford medical center. Both are teaching hospitals associated with universities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness