Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 05:49 PM
tgb tgb started this thread

11 posts, read 158,213 times

Advertisements

I had right ankle Arthroscopic surgery and a Brostrum repair in April 2008. I also had physical therapy for four to six months and my last therapy session ended in October 2008. It is now July 2009 and I am feeling alot of pain in my ankle. Before I had surgery, I had torn ligaments, a fracture, and damaged my tendon. I also have clunking in my ankle when I move it around, but the clunking does not hurt. I am getting alot of pain in general, but not from the clunking. Why am I still having pain in my ankle over a year after surgery?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Cassie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 06:21 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Return visit to surgeon!

Old 07-22-2009, 01:04 AM

111 posts, read 258,722 times
I'm not 100% sure about an ankel artho, but I've had 3 knee surgeries. My artho, I wasn't even in a brace, just wrapped in ace bandage for 2 weeks and I was weight bearing within a week. Since arthroscopic surgery is one of the least invasive methods, recovery time should be relatively short. Better consult your doc.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:52 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
It can take years for a joint to fully heal but I would go back for a check up just to make sure everything is going correctly. If you have nerve damage from the work or issue that can take up years to fully heal.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Ligaments and tendon damage are worse that the fracture. I damaged my shoulder and it took a year to heal and even then is very easy to reinjure.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:55 PM

Default Still pain in ankle over a year after surgery

Thank you for replying. Is it normal though to still have pain in my anklr over a year after surgery? My ankle is swollen on the right side of it, where the bone is and that is one of many places he went in during surgery. I had Arthroscopic ankle surgery and a Brostrum repair on April 2008. I have gone to therapy as well for four to six months and I was done in October 2008. I am having alot of pain and this is July 2009. Before my ankle surgery, I injured my ankle with a fracture, torn ligaments, and damaged my tendon. I still have clunking too, but the clunking is not painful. Why is my ankle bothering me over a year after surgery?

Cassie

Old 07-25-2009, 09:34 PM

Default Still pain in ankle over one year after surgery

My right ankle is swollen on the right side of it. Is it possible that something might have come undone from the surgery? How long will it take before I fully recover from the surgery? It has been over a year, so i thought that was enough time for full revovery.

Cassie

Old 07-30-2009, 03:26 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
You aren't going to get the information you need/want on an internet board....you need to return to your Orthopaedic Surgeon if you want to know what is going on with your ankle.

In general, a year is more than enough time to recover from just about any procedure. Based on your initial post it sounds like you had a significant ankle injury, the hard truth may be that you will never have a "normal" ankle again and you may need to learn to deal with the pain or make other accomodations which may include bracing or further surgery.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:13 PM

481 posts, read 806,637 times
Go back to your doctor and get an x-ray. He's the expert. Good luck!

Old 11-21-2009, 04:34 PM

1 posts, read 32,596 times
i had surgery 3 years ago after i broke my ankle in a car crash, i had a screw put in to repair the bone, after all this time i still have severe pain and numbness down the right side of my foot where they cut it open, its always swolen and is unbearable in the heat. my doc told me it was never going to be the same as it was and that i would ave to learn to cope with it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness