Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 11:50 PM

4 posts, read 6,250 times

Advertisements

http://www.eibuddy.com/showthread.php?t=74

I found this very interesting since im very concerned about this flu. My wife cant take a flu shot, so im doing a search for more information.

What are you doing to prevent this flu? tips advices...

Old 09-28-2009, 12:20 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,230,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian8a View Post

I found this very interesting since im very concerned about this flu. My wife cant take a flu shot, so im doing a search for more information.

I'm eliminating sugar from our diets.

We are taking extra hand washing measures.

We are going to limit public transportation/travel and stores/malls, doctor's offices/hospitals

We are taking Vitamin D supplements which are proven to prevent and treat the flu.

We are taking probiotics

We are eating plenty of vegetables and drinking plenty of clean distilled and filtered water.

We are going to get plenty of sleep/rest.

We are staying away from OTC drugs, prescription drugs/antibiotics, and any and all vaccines.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:14 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,800,655 times
I agree with eating well, etc. but where is it PROVEN that Vitamin D can prevent and treat the flu? I believe if that was the case, we'd be hearing more about it. I know from other threads that you are seriously anti-vaccine but please don't make things up.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:58 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,462,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I'm eliminating sugar from our diets.

We are taking extra hand washing measures.

We are going to limit public transportation/travel and stores/malls, doctor's offices/hospitals

We are taking Vitamin D supplements which are proven to prevent and treat the flu.

We are taking probiotics

We are eating plenty of vegetables and drinking plenty of clean distilled and filtered water.

We are going to get plenty of sleep/rest.

We are staying away from OTC drugs, prescription drugs/antibiotics, and any and all vaccines.
Probiotics you should take if you have digestive issues or issues assimilating nutrients from your food.

Better over all and well known immune enhancers would be Vitamin C especially Ester C (with timed release action)up to bowel tolerance or 10k mgs over the course of the day. Also Vitamin E. But an herb that specifically strengthen the immune system is Olive Leaf extract. However if you think you might have an auto immune condition, MacroForce by Immudyne www.immudyne.com
would be better. You can get these at a good Natural Food Store.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:04 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian8a View Post

I'm getting my hands on a ozone generator so I can drink ozonated water; you can buy them at aquarium supply stores.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I agree with eating well, etc. but where is it PROVEN that Vitamin D can prevent and treat the flu? I believe if that was the case, we'd be hearing more about it. I know from other threads that you are seriously anti-vaccine but please don't make things up.

I'm not anti-vaccine. I'm anti SILLY vaccines. And a simple look back at many of my posts would show just that.

And no, you wouldn't hear more about it, because it's fairly cheap to by yourself. Not many would make a profit.

And yes, it's been proven.

This is a good article filled with sources. You can cut and paste them and view the actual full text articles.

Avoid Flu Shots, Take Vitamin D Instead by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD

An ongoing study. Vitamin D effects MANY areas of our lives

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/PDFs/2005-07-vit-d-and-developing-brain.pdf (broken link)

A non for profit group dedicated FOR YEARS to the study of vitamin D

Vitamin D Newsletter Oct 2006 | Epidemic Influenza and Vitamin D

Vitamin D Council | Understanding Vitamin D Cholecalciferol

There are many studies and articles to be found all over. Many mainstream doctors now recognize the importance. I'm sorry if you don't know any Hopefully thos you know will come around

CJO - Abstract - Epidemic influenza and vitamin D

Are you really going to read this stuff? This stuff is everywhere. TONS of stuff!

Researchers see link between vitamin D, flu immunity - JSOnline

Leading expert in vitamin d research

Michael Holick

Here is an extensive list of EXPERTS on vitamin D

World's leading authorities on vitamin D

Other countries are using vitamin D to prevent AND treat the flu. I will continue to do so. I work in a nursing home. MOST of the workers and residents supplement. We don't get the flu. And when someone does we use the D to treat it as well. The elderly in my building rarely get sick. They rarely go to the hospital either.

Here is one more I have bookmarked

Canada examines vitamin D for swine flu protection

It's not so far fetched. It's not voodo medicine. This is something that makes alot of sense and many professionals are researching it.

I don't claim I'm (they) are 100% for sure correct and this is the cure all, but it looks pretty good. I'm keeping my options, mind and heart open. Not to mention I've seen first hand how it works

Old 09-28-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Probiotics you should take if you have digestive issues or issues assimilating nutrients from your food.

Better over all and well known immune enhancers would be Vitamin C especially Ester C (with timed release action)up to bowel tolerance or 10k mgs over the course of the day. Also Vitamin E. But an herb that specifically strengthen the immune system is Olive Leaf extract. However if you think you might have an auto immune condition, MacroForce by Immudyne www.immudyne.com
would be better. You can get these at a good Natural Food Store.

MOST everyone should take probiotics. Not only for those with issues.

Experts Agree Probiotics Are a Must for Nearly Everyone - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Old 09-28-2009, 09:39 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,233,035 times
Quote:
MOST everyone should take probiotics. Not only for those with issues.

Experts Agree Probiotics Are a Must for Nearly Everyone - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
Not surprisingly, very little scientific evidence that probiotics do anything...

Science-Based Medicine » Probiotics

Probiotics: Better Off Dead? / Science News

An Introduction to Probiotics [NCCAM Health Information]

MOST folks have no need for probiotics and much more study is needed to show any beneficial effects.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Not surprisingly, very little scientific evidence that probiotics do anything...

Science-Based Medicine » Probiotics

Probiotics: Better Off Dead? / Science News

An Introduction to Probiotics [NCCAM Health Information]

MOST folks have no need for probiotics and much more study is needed to show any beneficial effects.
Mod cut: not necessary

There are many sources which claim otherwise.

Last edited by Viralmd; 09-29-2009 at 05:34 AM.. Reason: Please keep snide remarks to yourself.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:07 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,233,035 times
Quote:
Mod cut: not necessary

There are many sources which claim otherwise.
So you say....

Feel free to provide even one or two reputable ones....

The previous one you listed was written by a housewife with no scientific or medical background.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness