Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 09:54 PM

24 posts, read 122,033 times

Advertisements

Have you ever felt like you were just too tired to eat? Or like it was not on your mind to eat?

And when I say eat; I mean really eating something...not like some cookies or granola bar or chips. Like rice, pasta, maybe some meat etc. Something to really fill your stomach. Not snacky.

A lot of times when I come from work I am just so tired. I just like to rest or go to sleep. Barely eat anything or nothing at all.

Its a bad habit. I am already underweight. I'm sure its a very unhealthy habit.

Anyone ever dealt with this? Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 09:58 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Try a nutrition drink, smoothie, soup. Also, have some lab work drawn. You may need vitamin supplements. Best wishes to you.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:04 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,722,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live&Learn View Post
Have you ever felt like you were just too tired to eat? Or like it was not on your mind to eat?

And when I say eat; I mean really eating something...not like some cookies or granola bar or chips. Like rice, pasta, maybe some meat etc. Something to really fill your stomach. Not snacky.

A lot of times when I come from work I am just so tired. I just like to rest or go to sleep. Barely eat anything or nothing at all.

Actually, abstaining from eating after sun set is a really good practice and very good for digestive health and other bodily systems.
It's also a good tip for anyone wanting to either lose weight or not gain it.
One of the worst habits people have, imo, is eating too soon before bed.
Sleep time is not the time to ask your body to work at digesting food.
I don't eat at night.
I have one large meal in the middle of the day, and eat very, very lightly in the early evening if at all.
I do eat breakfast but not a big one.
I also supplement my diet with a few super foods like blue green algae.
It's an amazing source of nutrients and provides one with lots of energy.
Brands vary ... i use an excellent one (E3Live) but it is expensive.
If you're too tired to eat in the evening i'd respect your body and not force yourself to eat 'cause you think you're supposed to.
I would however, get enough nutrition during the earlier part of the day so that 1) you don't get too, too thin and 2) you receive sufficient nutrients.
Also, you could find a good protein drink at the health food store (not the sugary junk protein drinks you find at the regular super market) and supplement your diet with that either during the day or when you're too tired to cook and eat after work.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:05 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Pre-cook your meals for the week, run by the deli or find a healthy delivery option. If you are really too tired to eat all the time you should go to a doctor. Work aside, it should not make you that tired. Not eating is doing nothing at all for your energy level. I also suggest to look at what you are eating during the day. That can also zap your energy. Because you are underweight already I would talk to a doctor and make sure the feelings you are having are due only to being tired and not something else. (cancer, heart problems, mental strain etc)

I like to keep bananas around the house for easy eat quick zaps of energy. But other quick easy stuff:

- Fruit or raw veggies
- quick oatmeal
- meal bars
- meal shakes (should eat 1-2 fruits or veggies with this)
- nuts
- lunchmeat
- soups
- george forman for: fast cook meats, veggies
- cereal

I would not have the protien drink in case your health issues are from kidney problems.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:26 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,796,320 times
Quote:

I know this is insensitive, but man do I wish I didnt feel like eating every once in a while - in fact the freakin -opposite. Anyway - I did feel like that when I was on diet drugs and it was weird and very disturbing not to have an appetite. The posts prior to mine have some good advice -good luck!

Old 09-27-2009, 01:08 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,900,551 times
I like the suggestions for the precooked or fast and healthy items.

I have reached a point in my life where I am sick and tired of meal planning, preparing meals, putting away leftovers, cleaning up, and finding something to do with the leftovers.

I feel like I could go many days or weeks eating cereal and foods that require little prep, like fruits, carrot sticks, yogurt, and those simple carb snacks that are not good for you but yummy to me, like cheezits.

I have 4 kids and husband to feed so I have to do it, but sometimes I don't even eat what I cook.

What keeps me going right now is very simple things. I cook an entire meal in the crockpot, or I do something on the foreman grill, etc... I also like those rotisserrie chickens from the supermarket.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:47 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
Actually, abstaining from eating after sun set is a really good practice and very good for digestive health and other bodily systems.
It's also a good tip for anyone wanting to either lose weight or not gain it.
One of the worst habits people have, imo, is eating too soon before bed.
Sleep time is not the time to ask your body to work at digesting food.
I don't eat at night.
I have one large meal in the middle of the day, and eat very, very lightly in the early evening if at all.
I do eat breakfast but not a big one.
I also supplement my diet with a few super foods like blue green algae.
It's an amazing source of nutrients and provides one with lots of energy.
Brands vary ... i use an excellent one (E3Live) but it is expensive.
If you're too tired to eat in the evening i'd respect your body and not force yourself to eat 'cause you think you're supposed to.
I would however, get enough nutrition during the earlier part of the day so that 1) you don't get too, too thin and 2) you receive sufficient nutrients.
Also, you could find a good protein drink at the health food store (not the sugary junk protein drinks you find at the regular super market) and supplement your diet with that either during the day or when you're too tired to cook and eat after work.
Actually you are supposed to eat Breakfast like a King; eat Lunch like a Prince and Supper like a Pauper.

I wouldn't do protein drinks. I think Americans are obsessed with protein. Just eat a small handful of some nuts and seeds and have a green drink. Kyogreen is dehydrated greens in a powder form I mix into juice a few times a day. It is practically tasteless so other than turning the juice green, the flavor of the juice stays about the same.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:29 PM

212 posts, read 699,588 times
L&L, If your underweight already it's not good.How underweight is underweight?Better to eat enough during the day than too much at night.If your underweight though i say eat anything you want at anytime until you put on a couple pounds.Check your health at your doctor,then have some pizza,a cheeseburger or whatever your favorite foods are.How about some chicken ceaser salad.Ummmm

Old 10-06-2009, 05:49 PM

24 posts, read 122,033 times
Hey everyone....thanks for ALL the advice. I am about 15 pounds underweight and my pants that use to fit me last year now slide off

I have read all the advice and I am trying to plan out what I need and can do. I can tell by the all the response postings that I have options. Its time I get over being tired and take care of my health. If I value my health enough I should make effort to take care of it.

Thanks again. And if there are any other ideas or advice keep them coming!

Old 10-06-2009, 05:55 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,227,861 times
Quote:
Hey everyone....thanks for ALL the advice. I am about 15 pounds underweight and my pants that use to fit me last year now slide off

I have read all the advice and I am trying to plan out what I need and can do. I can tell by the all the response postings that I have options. Its time I get over being tired and take care of my health. If I value my health enough I should make effort to take care of it.

Thanks again. And if there are any other ideas or advice keep them coming!

I make these every week. I keep them in the fridge for easy access. They taste awesome and have alot of great stuff in them. My daughter and I lovethem. I feel the same way. I am just under 5 feet tall and weight about 90lbs. I LOVE breakfast! But the rest of the day is nuts! I go to school full time, work the nursing home at night and clinic during the day part time. I have kid. By the time 5pm comes I am too tired to eat what I made everyone else to eat!!! I end up grabbing an apple most nights and a glass of hemp milk and the occasional ball

Snacks for Toddlers - Healthy Toddler Snacks - Feed Your Toddler Nutritious and Tasty Snacks with our SnackIdeas at wholesometoddlerfood.com

ENERGY BALLS

1/4 cup finely grated carrots
1/4 cup rolled oats or Granola*
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 Tablespoon honey
3 Tablespoons peanut butter

Mix and roll into balls. Easy carrots in the tummy!
*Granola makes these Energy Balls more tasty and adds a nice crunch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness