Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,193 times

Advertisements

I think it has something to do with allergies. That itching could be nerves tingling, reacting on higher histamine levels in your blood due to some allergy response. I have it too now, after some antibiotic side effect i had a few months ago, and its not only in my legs, mostly in stomach. But same feeling, inside itching that can not be scratched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 3,993 times
Default i get this also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleenex View Post
I've been getting that sensation recently....and although it's nothing new. i've had that sensation in the past (very infrequently).

obviously you can't scratch it....surface scratch won't make the itch go away as it feels like the itch is coming from the inside/bone/etc.
lol

the only thing that gives the satisfaction feeling that usually comes from scratching is hitting the legg with your fist mildly.....then the itch goes away. comes back in a few hours for a few seconds....etc.etc.

what the hell is this?
I do not know what this is but I wish I did because I also get this sensation. I also have to hit my leg to get the feeling to go away. One of my friends also gets this sensation, she was diagnosed with a heart condition. I wonder if this is an early warning sign.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:47 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,830 times
Not sure if this helps, but it does mention itching on the box... It's called "Restful Legs" by Hyland's on Amazon.com (like a natural medicine or something)

and it says: relieves tingling, itching, crawling sensation in legs

Old 05-02-2015, 06:19 AM

1,011 posts, read 715,735 times
It means you're too fat. It's the skinny leg inside you just itching to come out.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 3,674 times
I found a way to stop it.. take L-Glutamine or Glutamine powder. this gives the mucsle the chemical it needs to quickly repair itself. Lessens the time it take for your muscle to heal. This will cause the itching to stop so you can sleep.

So it is really a deficiency not a condition.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:30 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,368,091 times
My best guess... restless legs syndrome. That's often a symptom of iron deficiency. Try having your blood iron measured.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlybuns12 View Post
YES!! I finally found someone who has experienced the same sensation. It's very uncomfortable, and the only way to scratch it IS punching it, and shaking your leg. I'm trying to search what this is called..
Have you found out what it's called yet? I've had it for quite some time and it's really annoying me!!!
Thanks!

Old 02-17-2016, 10:11 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,354 times
My husband *HAD* this. I say had HAPPILY, because it drove him (and me!) CRAZY too! Buying creams and ointments, trying vinegar and rubbing alcohol, soaking in Epsom salts, baking soda, and you name it. Nothing worked but for teasing moments, maybe.

Well, he's on blood pressure meds. And so are several of his friends, who report the same itching symptom. So he finally determined his may have to do with circulation. So he has resolved it by taking an oil cap and a good COQ-10. He takes 2 oil caps and one COQ-10 per day. And it has STOPPED.

I don't know if this is right, or caused by the BP meds, for everyone who has this, but maybe it's worth a try.

The supps he's taking are:
ULTIMATE EFAs (plus GLA) by "YES" (available on Amazon)
COQ-10 - by QNLabs.com (I tried to get another COQ-10, but he wouldn't have it.)

Anyway, it's stopped. Hallelujah!!

Old 02-20-2016, 06:42 AM

1 posts, read 3,304 times
I have that problem as well, it comes and goes, the only releife is a deep massage and hitting the muscle with my feast, it only happens on my right tight, and it is not that frequent. It feels like itching at somewhere between the muscle and the bone.

Old 03-22-2016, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,227 times
Default Same thing has happened to me

I have played competitive soccer my entire life, and after games I experience exactly what you are talking about. Don't ignore it. It's is your body attempting to heal from micro-tears in the muscle. If however you do not give it time to heal, scar-tissue will develop in the area and inhibit the muscle fibers from sliding over one another and the lack of movement will cause faulty muscular recruitment patterns (see hiperloadosis for example). If I was you I would use a foam roller, to keep the muscle from binding. And rest as needed. Right now my quads have scar tissue to the point that it has tilted my pelvis and I terrible knee pain. Over 20yrs of ignoring it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness